Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Shiancoe, bust or not?

i am saying that he isnt a pass catching TE. he is no gates.
    and if he can catch, which i have no idea because he does not see the ball enough, then we need to use him to his potential. shelling out that kind of money for a TE that just blocks seems like a waste to me
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"gregair13" wrote:
    i am saying that he isnt a pass catching TE. he is no gates.
    and if he can catch, which i have no idea because he does not see the ball enough, then we need to use him to his potential. shelling out that kind of money for a TE that just blocks seems like a waste to me
    Well that doesn't make him a bust if they don't use him. Nor should he be blamed for it. They did the same thing with Wiggins last year by not using him.

So if you want someone to blame for his lack of involvement in the game, blame the coaches.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i did blame the coaches. thats my point.
    why sign the guy if you do not plan to use him the way he should be used
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

How many times has he gotten past the 8 in the box and made the defense pay for stacking the line by beating them with a catch and run? If he is not able to do this to help out the QB then he is a bust. He is not kept in on every play to block and even if he was, a good TE can chip a defender and then release into the flat to give the QB a target and I see nothing like that from him. Hell, even Sasser had a nice reception that moved the chains.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    How many times has he gotten past the 8 in the box and made the defense pay for stacking the line by beating them with a catch and run? If he is not able to do this to help out the QB then he is a bust. He is not kept in on every play to block and even if he was, a good TE can chip a defender and then release into the flat to give the QB a target and I see nothing like that from him. Hell, even Sasser had a nice reception that moved the chains.
    Jimmy K had a nice reception that scored us 6 points.

If you go back in several old posts of mine, you will see me calling for that play. It was long overdue IMO.

Back when Culpepper was here, he'd hit Klienny in the endzone for a TD. He'd make his block, head into the endzone, turn & boom! 6 points.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    I would be very surprised if Shiancoe is back next season.
    I just love post like this that have so much thought put into them.
    You left me hanging on a couple of issues you didn't completely elaborate on............Why?

Maybe he will still be here because.........

We are a run oriented team that see's alot of defenses designed to stop the run.
    To run effectively against those types of schemes you need not only a good OL that can RB but a FB and TE's that can block as well.

Our offense, when it does try to pass will rely on quick slants to the WR's, RB's and then the TE's and they are normally in a pass protection mode based on what the Defenses are doing to stop the run.

Why would we get rid of a guy we just signed to a contract?
    Would that be fiscallys stupid?

Long story short, if we had a decent passing attack to go along with our running attack we would see our TE's used more in the passing scheme than we do now as they are mostly trying to protect the QB.

I look for Shank to have an increased role next year after we get our passing attack fixed (i.e. a new QB or at least the one we got fixed).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Shiancoe will be OK, it's a team game and we started out a little over amped last night. Tarvaris has got to settle down and stop forcing things that aren't there. Shiancoe will be decent and is a Upgrade over Wiggins. Everybodies emotions are a little raw, as it hurts when we lose, so let's let this team regroup and get after Denver next week.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    I am thinking that for what he is being paid he has been a total bust.
    Between his numerous dropped passes and his fumble tonight it is obvious that we paid entirely to much for that guy.
    Outside that fumble, I don't think he has even dropped a pass tonight.

IMO, a player is either a bust or he isn't. What he gets paid has nothing to do with it.

What I smell here is someone looking for someone to blame for tonights loss.

T-Will has caught everything thrown his way except for the one that was bounced to him, so you're looking for another player other than T_Jack to blame.

Show me some dropped passes numbers & you'll have something you can present that's credible.
    Yah kinda,.. But when that ball hit the ground, it was all over. The guy was a backup in ny for a reason. WE had a great pass catching te. Led the 'vikes in catches ... all that....blahblahblah. Man i'm pissed.
    And the reason was jeremy Shockey and no other reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123