Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Sheppard: Still a lot of work to be done

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/97268144.html?elr=KArksDyycyUtyycyUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Sheppard: Still a lot of work to be done
    Posted by Judd Zulgad
    Last update: June 27, 2010 - 2:49 PM

The Vikings signed veteran Lito Sheppard to a one-year, $2 million contract in April in part because he had a familiarity with the team's defensive scheme and in part because he could serve as the potential starter at right corner if Cedric Griffin (ACL) is not ready to start the season.

Sheppard, 29, was a regular at the Vikings' Organized Team Activities this spring as he tried to re-adjust to being in a system that was similar to what he played in with Philadelphia from 2002 to 2008.

I think Im about 80-85 percent in the system right now as far as the different techniques and what I needed to work on to make that transition," Sheppard said following the Vikings minicamp this month. "I feel comfortable with my progress at this point, but theres still a lot of work to be done and Im looking forward to it.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Sheppard: Still a lot of work to be done

Thanks for the read Z.

I found it interesting that he isn't even being worked in the nickle. Asher and Benny seem to be the two being tapped to fill that role.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

This was actually a good read. Not sure how ole Judd and Chip did it, but they did.

I like that we have another tough nosed guy back there with Winfield. Anytime we make our defense more physical, I believe it makes a HUGE impact. We can hide alot of faults if people are afraid that they're gonna get drilled at any level of the defense.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I always forget that we actually got a FA this year, and I'm actually excited about Sheppard. I think he's a great addition to our secondary. If only he would put on some weight, I think that added to our depth at DT and Favre's eminent return, we should be set for the year
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Two things about that for me.

Are they really not giving Asher Allen or Benny Sapp a shot at being the starter opposite Winfield?

Chris Cook could end up being handled like Asher last year and not be used unless injury makes him needed if Lito wins the starting job how would that be received around here?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

FuadFan wrote:
    Two things about that for me.

Are they really not giving Asher Allen or Benny Sapp a shot at being the starter opposite Winfield?

Chris Cook could end up being handled like Asher last year and not be used unless injury makes him needed if Lito wins the starting job how would that be received around here?
    Always good to see you online my friend.

I don't think its a bad thing that our rookies aren't needed right away. I kindof like that they can learn by watching (during games) and in a practice environment instead of being thrown to the wolves right away.

On a side note, I am of the mind that Benny and Asher are over there working at replacing Whinny.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    On a side note, I am of the mind that Benny and Asher are over there working at replacing Whinny.
    Based on overwhelming proof right?