Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sharpers impact?

I was thinking that he would be able to help out the offense too, but then I remembered the fudge kings made their d-coordinator their scape goat again and brought in jim bates so he will probably revamp their defense schemes. As for the offense, I agree they probably change signals on a weekly basis, otherwise teams would pick that up too easily in tape sessions.
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

IdahoViking is offline Rookie

Sharpers impact?

Remember he was playing on a bad achillies also for half that season.
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Sharpers impact?

About the hand signals: I remember Brett talking about them in "The Catch II" from NFL Films. From what it sounded like, they don't usually change hand signals. He talked about how the 49ers used pretty much the same hand signals because they both had the same Bill Walsh-descended West Coast offenses. He talked about how he faked the Niners out by using a hand signal that they knew, and changing the play so they would bite on a fake.

So, as logical as it would seem to change hand signals every week, it didn't sound like they changed them in the past.

Sharpers impact?

Let's also not forget that the Packers practice 1s on 1s. He doesn't know the signals, he knows the players. I've heard he intercepts Favre all the time in practice.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Sharpers impact?

Mmmm....I don't think the #1 offense faces off against the #1 defense much during the regular season. They do in training camp, but during the season they usually have the #3 QB simulating the opposing quarterback.

So, I while Sharper will have some edge in reading Favre, it's not quite as intimate as you might think.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ajefx is offline Rookie

Sharpers impact?

IMO, Sharper isn't the player he once was, but he helps us in the sense that he makes GB's defense worse (apparently, that is possible )
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

Sharpers impact?

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    do you think he knows the Offensive hand signals?
    i thought they radio'ed them in . haven't used hand signals in years . but maybe they'll revert and use the same 6 year old signals

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Sharpers impact?

sharper is a good fit for a team that has two good corners and all he has to do is play over the top. He will have a positive impact on the team, not just in the GB games, he is definitely an improvement over russell

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Sharpers impact?

plus they needed his cash to fill the holes on the o-line.

Re: Sharpers impact?

I am concerned about the tackling Sharper demonstrated. If the tackle is made before the runner gets to Sharper the better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123