Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    [size=13pt]VIKINGS: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline[/size]

    Safety's fellow thirtysomethings Tomlin, Mangini among new wave of young coaches

    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

    Article Last Updated: 08/16/2007 12:23:10 AM CDT



    MANKATO, Minn.

    Darren Sharper isn't much younger than this week's opposing head coach, and his former college teammate and fraternity brother is coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the Vikings' veteran safety says he isn't feeling his age....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    Sharper said he believes the Vikings have enough talent to be a playoff team this season and challenge for a Super Bowl before he's finished.
    I sure hope he's right!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #3
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline


    Sharper and Winfield, and EJ, are the captains on defense and they will get their guys lined up. Sharper is the secondaries QB, he's got good sideline to sideline speed and has great ballhawking abilities. He can play 2-4 more years.

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    Man I despised this guy when he was a Puker........ >

    How times and uniform colors can change a mans opinion.
    Go getem Sharpe
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Man I despised this guy when he was a Puker........ >

    How times and uniform colors can change a mans opinion.
    Go getem Sharpe
    ;D
    It's amazing what a purple jersey can do for a player & peoples opinion of that player.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    "6and10" wrote:
    remember when Sharper was a Packer and Viking fans were convinced he was overrated and average at best? weird how now he's the second coming of Christ.
    And it begins........

    Maybe the coma skewed your reading abilities or maybe it is something in the Cheese you are eating......
    No were do you see Second Coming or Christ in my post my confused cheesehead loving freind.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    purplepeopleeaters2's Avatar
    purplepeopleeaters2 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    25

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    i like sharper i think he holds together this defense, when he eventually goes it will hurt maybe thats why they got smith and tank so he can teach them, i hope he announces he would be good at it, but anyway he has helped the team alot in the locker room and the field
    "...to get really high is to forget yourself and to forget yourself is to see everything else; and to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. That's why I think it's important to get high."
    -Jerry Garcia

  8. #8
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "6and10" wrote:
    remember when Sharper was a Packer and Viking fans were convinced he was overrated and average at best? weird how now he's the second coming of Christ.
    And it begins........

    Maybe the coma skewed your reading abilities or maybe it is something in the Cheese you are eating......
    No were do you see Second Coming or Christ in my post my confused cheesehead loving freind.

    ;D

    I still think he is overrated and he is pretty average. So what are you saying cheesedick?

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "6and10" wrote:
    remember when Sharper was a Packer and Viking fans were convinced he was overrated and average at best? weird how now he's the second coming of Christ.
    And it begins........

    Maybe the coma skewed your reading abilities or maybe it is something in the Cheese you are eating......
    No were do you see Second Coming or Christ in my post my confused cheesehead loving freind.

    ;D

    I still think he is overrated and he is pretty average. So what are you saying cheesedick?
    I'm assuming you just sandwiched me in there to emphasize my point.
    Just checked and its not made of cheese my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. hottest sideline eye candy
    By --KG-- in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 02:41 PM
  2. Sharper's line on Walker: He wants out
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 01:36 PM
  3. Vikings Sideline Hoodies
    By Mr Anderson in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 09:46 AM
  4. Sharper's move to safety golden
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 06:14 AM
  5. Sideline Heater Benches!!??!!
    By PacNWVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 03:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •