Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Ha ha I was gonna say... it's not what I would use as an official source, but it's definitely a source

While we're on that topic: Sorry, I don't want to offend you my friend, but then again, using Wikipedia is the ULTIMATE fail.

And again I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not the only one going off the original topic. You see, the difference between you and I is that I used "WE" as in "WE are getting off topic". If you didn't catch it yet: that includes me!

As for you claiming I have football ignorance then I recommend you read over the whole thing once more (seemed like you skipped a bit there). I have already stated that I recognize the term "inside linebacker" can be used in both circumstances. You are the one who proves your "ignorance" by up until now seemingly "accepting" the Wikipedia article (but not stating in your own words).

check. mate.[/COLOR]
    Hey HEY. Don't let CMac drag you down this hole any further, he's just playing a game with you (and me). He clearly understands and probably did from the beginning, just his way of having a little fun.

Marrdro is the one that should be paying attention

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    While we're on that topic: Sorry, I don't want to offend you my friend, but then again, using Wikipedia is the ULTIMATE fail.[/COLOR]
    Hmm... not quite.

Wikipedia utilizes the entire earth (or whoever owns a computer...) to access and edit their content. If incorrect comments are posted, they are typically removed in less than 5 minutes.

"iSport" probably has 1-2 editors, in which the content is merely reflected by their limited understanding of the game.

And, for humor sake, here's a study on the reliability of Wikipedia... by Wikipedia: Reliability of Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haha, but yeah... ShaperImage is right, I'm just killing time at work.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 04-25-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Hmm... not quite.

Wikipedia utilizes the entire earth (or whoever owns a computer...) to access and edit their content. "iSport" probably has 1-2 editors, in which the content is merely reflected by their limited understanding of the game.

And, for humor sake, here's a study on the reliability of Wikipedia... by Wikipedia: Reliability of Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haha, but yeah... ShaperImage is right, I'm just killing time at work.
    Hey, I personally use Wikipedia all the time so I'm a big fan. However, a golden rule in school is that Wikipedia is not a valid source.

Oh... and who says C Mac D is the only one who can have fun?

PS: That reliability article was a little interesting. Thanks for the read!
    (although I'm not sure that reliability article is reliable.
    Just kidding! I'll stop now )

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Wikipedia, as a whole, is much more accurate than many other sources. At any given time, there may be a problem with an article, but that is much more rare now that Wikipedia has been seasoned.

It is sort of funny though; I posted firsthand primary source information to a Wikipedia article, and my post was edited for not having a source. I guess I could have given the information to an online magazine and then quoted myself from the magazine to get a source. Some of the editors are source crazy at times.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Eh... looks like the only one getting off-topic is yourself.

MLB refers to a 4-3 defense.

ILB refers to a 3-4 defense.

You can disagree, but you only prove your own football ignorance.

The Wiki answer is correct:: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linebacker

As you said... Booya.

(PS - I've never heard of the site "iSport" but with writing like that, I see why.)
    You use the Wiki definition, I'll use the "ourlads" (NFL Scouts) definition. I don't have the mag with me at work but if you look at their site (I've giving you the FA tracker) they make a clear distinction between the two.

2013 NFL Free Agent Tracker | Ourlads.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    If they're gonna start labeling them ILB and MLB then they might as well start to categorize WR's into slot receivers and outside receivers. Those are more different than 3-4 and 4-3 inside 'backers.... or corners into cover 2 and cover 1 corners... or blocking TE and receiver TE... or pocket QB and scrambling QB.

Classifying 3-4 and 4-3 inside backers in one group is partly a way to cut down on all the position groups. Personally, I don't mind. Most MLB's will perform good in the 3-4 because of the similarities. It's when you go deeper into the players evaluation that you can sub-categorizing players. Just my thoughts
    The more reputable sites do.

I pay $33 for my Ourlads scouting magazine. It actually breaks down the different positions (RDE/LDE 4-3) (RDE/LDE 3-4) (UT 3-4/UT 4-3), (X, Y, and Z recievers), (Inline TE's/Field Stretchers), (1 cut RB - best used for ZBing schemes) (North and South RB) etc etc etc.

Believe it or not, they even go down into the weeds on what variant of offense the QB can run at the next level.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345