Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    1st round #23 (#23 overall) - Keenan Allen, WR
    2nd round #22 (#54 overall) - Justin Hunter, WR
    3rd round #21 (#85 overall) - Tyler Wilson, QB
    4th round #5 (#101 overall T.J MacDonald, SS
    4th round #23 (#119 overall) - Jordan Hill, DT
    5th round #22 (#150 overall) - Tyrann Mathieu, CB
    7th round #7 (#199 overall Best Punter available
    7th round #23 (#215 overall) - best OLB available.

    if the vikes are smart thwy could get all former/current first round talent in all their picks.. SKOL!
    I worry about Allens knee.

    I like Hunter but I'm not sure they will take him in the first and he will be gone by their second rounder (2-45 Chargers).

    I have McDonald gone at 3-97 (Tenn). Doesn't matter, we have 3 starters at S now. Why burn a pick on one?

    Hill is your answer at DT.......Wow. Should have used one of your top picks for one that can acutally start and provide an impact.

    Having said that, I have Hill as a good fit for the Seachickens at 4-123 so he would be there for that pick.


    Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

    Why waste a 3rd rounder on any QB in this class?

    Just say no to the "Honey Badger". We need DB's that can cover, not DB's that support the run. I've go them taking a kid (2nd round grade) in the 3rd that seems to be a dang nice fit for the scheme in that he can support the run as well as the pass.

    Dwayne Gratz, CB, Connecticut, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com


    Here is my stab at what the draft will look like....

    Marrdro's 7 Round Mock (7 rounds - Compensatory Picks)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Updated Mock 4/20


    1st round #23 (#23 overall) - Justin Hunter, WR
    1st round #25 (#25 overall) - Arthur Brown, ILB
    2nd round - #22 (#54 overall) - Kawann Short, DT
    3rd round #21 (#85 overall) - Tyrann Mathieu, CB
    4th round #5 (#101 overall T.J MacDonald, SS
    4th round #23 (#119 overall) - Jordan Hill, DT
    5th round #22 (#150 overall) - Tyler Bray, QB
    7th round #7 (#199 overall Best Punter available
    7th round #23 (#215 overall) - best OLB available.

    if the vikes are smart thwy could get all former/current first round talent in all their picks.. SKOL!
    Better targets in your first 3 but I would't take Brown. To small which causes him to slip with his shoulder Which will eventually lead to a short careeer/injuries.

    Besides, he's projected as a OB. Why are you drafting him to play the Mike?

    Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    This draft is the most unsettle I have ever seen. We have 2 first rounders and I want 3 positions targeted. Hopkins started to grow on me but I would rather Sylvester WIlliams ( i think) I just can't choose.

    Te'o vs. Ogleetree ( if they are both there)
    Hunter, Woods, Hopkins, Allen, Patterson ( can't choose)
    Sylvester early or take the kid from Purdue/OHS late?

    I am going to be happy and pissed off this draft.
    Whatever we do...we better not draft a freaking CB before the 3rd or 4th.
    I would love to go Te'o, Hunter and Purdue DT (Short I think) and then go CB in the 3rd and WR in the 4th.

  4. #14
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Better targets in your first 3 but I would't take Brown. To small which causes him to slip with his shoulder Which will eventually lead to a short careeer/injuries.

    Besides, he's projected as a OB. Why are you drafting him to play the Mike?

    Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Funny that they keep emphasizing his lack of size, yet they list him at 6-1 and 241 and claim that he plays much bigger than his size. The exact same measurements of Te'o who they say has the best size of all the prospects. Your boy Minter is 6-0 and 246 while Ogletree is 6-3 and 242. Maybe Brown plays bigger than his size, because he isn't undersized compared to the other prospects

    Also there is this aspect of his game:
    Strengths: Instinctive, physical defender who, other than his lack of ideal size, ranks among the surest prospects of the 2013 draft. Possesses excellent key and diagnosis skills. Often takes his initial step toward where the play is designed to go before the quarterback has finished taking the snap. Possesses explosive, active hands to quickly slip blocks and plays with excellent leverage, bending at the knees to consistently get under the pads of would-be blockers and pushing them aside to make the play in the hole. Very good balance to avoid cut blocks and when knocked to the ground; remarkably quick in popping back up. Very good sideline to sideline speed, which could allow him to remain at inside linebacker in the NFL. Drops back into coverage fluidly, demonstrating not only the athleticism but the awareness to handle this responsibility in the NFL. Times his blitz well with the snap, showing the flexibility to slip past blockers, flatten out and close on the quarterback.
    Sounds like a pretty good match to what we're looking for.

    And welcome back, it's been a while.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Funny that they keep emphasizing his lack of size, yet they list him at 6-1 and 241 and claim that he plays much bigger than his size. The exact same measurements of Te'o who they say has the best size of all the prospects. Your boy Minter is 6-0 and 246 while Ogletree is 6-3 and 242. Maybe Brown plays bigger than his size, because he isn't undersized compared to the other prospects

    Also there is this aspect of his game:


    Sounds like a pretty good match to what we're looking for.

    And welcome back, it's been a while.
    You left out the issue with his shoulders.....Ourlads goes into greater detail on how that will shorten his career. Also, they say...

    Quote Lacks the bulk to hold up and collapse the big lead blockers at the point of attack. Projects as a Will in a 4-3. Unquote

    Look, I get that he is a tough guy, but everything says NO to him as a MLB. Not sure why people keep trying to plug him in as such.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    This draft is the most unsettle I have ever seen. We have 2 first rounders and I want 3 positions targeted. Hopkins started to grow on me but I would rather Sylvester WIlliams ( i think) I just can't choose.

    Te'o vs. Ogleetree ( if they are both there)
    Hunter, Woods, Hopkins, Allen, Patterson ( can't choose)
    Sylvester early or take the kid from Purdue/OHS late?

    I am going to be happy and pissed off this draft.
    Whatever we do...we better not draft a freaking CB before the 3rd or 4th.
    I would love to go Te'o, Hunter and Purdue DT (Short I think) and then go CB in the 3rd and WR in the 4th.
    I usually do a pretty good job of nailing the first two picks. This year I'm totally confused. Bounced between pretty much the same cats you list settling on Patterson/Teo in the first and Jesse Williams in the second.

    Would crap myself if they took Minter/Sly in the first and somehow landed Hunter in the second.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #17
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    My dream scenario includes Dee Milliner falling to us with our first pick.

  8. #18
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    My dream scenario includes Dee Milliner falling to us with our first pick.
    If we bundle the first three picks, maybe we could move up for an offensive tackle !

  9. #19
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    538
    With our two first round picks I think it will be Justin Hunter and Arthur Brown. I like them both. I think both would help us right away.

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    With our two first round picks I think it will be Justin Hunter and Arthur Brown. I like them both. I think both would help us right away.
    I like me some Hunter but Brown worries me. Every site out there has him projected as a OLB, and not a MLB. If they grab him you'd better get ready to see Erin move to the Mike.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •