Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    SharperImage is online now Hall of Famer

Re: Sharper and winfield's last year in minnesota???

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    Simmer.

Magazineboy, your not thinking in the real world.

Both Rice and Trotter have had injury problems and weren't playing up to the level of their expensive contracts.

Neither of those players played up to the caliber of Winfield and Sharper last year.

Your analysis is flawed on so many levels.

The passing of the torch will happen when it is time.
    Both McCauley and Blue will get there feet wet this year, no need to rush things.

Talking about GMs, do you think that you can speak for the perspective better then Rob Brz.?
    Or anybody in Winter park for that matter.
    I know right comparing sharper and winfield to someone like Rice is very puzzling... these two veterans have performed at a pro bowl level the last two years whereas rice has been unproductive and hurt for the better part of two seasons... one things for sure THANK GOD ROB, SPEILMEN, AND CHILDRESS don't think like Sharperimage!
    if they did this team would be soo much better. an i reserve my right to my opinon u cant get on my balls because of the way i think

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    Simmer.

Magazineboy, your not thinking in the real world.

Both Rice and Trotter have had injury problems and weren't playing up to the level of their expensive contracts.

Neither of those players played up to the caliber of Winfield and Sharper last year.

Your analysis is flawed on so many levels.

The passing of the torch will happen when it is time.
    Both McCauley and Blue will get there feet wet this year, no need to rush things.

Talking about GMs, do you think that you can speak for the perspective better then Rob Brz.?
    Or anybody in Winter park for that matter.
    I know right comparing sharper and winfield to someone like Rice is very puzzling... these two veterans have performed at a pro bowl level the last two years whereas rice has been unproductive and hurt for the better part of two seasons... one things for sure THANK GOD ROB, SPEILMEN, AND CHILDRESS don't think like Sharperimage!
    if they did this team would be soo much better. an i reserve my right to my opinon u cant get on my balls because of the way i think
    I am not the douchebag claiming to be brighter than our GM and on top of that suggesting that we get rid of two of our best players ? :
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Not unless like this poin that is where your point comes from. everyone has a right to their own opinion, that is not the issue, but when a pint is so ridudculous, it needs to and deserves to be ripped.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    You Guys talk like Winfield an Sharper had a good year last season.. Winfield was getting burned up an down the field.an sharper wasnt in his usual INT form an his coverage was horrible. crap Joey harrington tore him an AW apart in the miami game. he looked like peyton manning. an lets not even mention what tom brady MATT Leinart the rookie!! with 400 yards passing!! Rex Grossman...an brett favre an etc.. did to them. if it wasnt for phat pat an Kwill we woulda been 2-14. picking calvin johnson

'''' to add on speed is a BIG factor in the NFL. AW an Dsharp are slowing up. Greg Blue has nice speed with strength to hit people like Sean Taylor. remeber the bills hit?? then McCauley just flies up an down the field with his 4-39 speed. he has nice hands.. AW an Dsharp are gettin slower. sharper isnt has fast as he was from that 9int year when he took to the house vs the giants. an all the picks AW had when he took it to the house was no more than 5-10 yards al a bears game
    I want some of what you're smoking.

Harrington tore Sharper and Winfield apart?
    Joey Harrington? In the Miami game?
    You must be talking about another Harrington, because Joey only put up 250 yards against us, despite the fact that they passed on nearly every single down.
    I mentioned this in another post, but Miami only had 7 net yards rushing against us...

As far as Gross-man and Fav-re, you may want to take a look at those games again.
    In the first Chicago game, Rex went 23 of41 for 278 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTs (one of which Winfield returned for a TD). In the second Chicago game, Rexy boy went 6/19 for 34 yards, 0 TDs, and 3 INTs (Again, another one by Winfield).
    Let me say that again... 6/19 for 34 yards, 0 TDs, and 3 INTs.

Fav-re's game in Green Bay?
    How does 26/50 for 285 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs sound.
    Oh yeah, and Sharper got one of those INTs.
    Fav-re did play a very good game against us in the dome though.
    He went 24/42 for 347 and 2 TDs.
    One game out of four does not mean we were owned by anybody.

To be honest, if you want to analyze the games, look at where the passes were going in the majority of the games after the NE game.
    Short passes to the flats and just over the middle of our Cover 2.
    Sorry, but that has little to do with the corners and safeties, and a lot more to to with the LBs and pass rush.

I like McCauley and Blue a lot.
    And I think they will be AW and Sharper's eventual replacements.
    But they have to win that spot in training camp.
    Right now AW and Sharper are simply out playing them.
    And BTW< your comment about Sharper slowing up is a load of crap.
    Iwould like to see an example of that.
    I was going to reply, but it seems pointless after this rebuttal and the others.
    What is truly amazing to me is SharperImage is still tryin to justify these head up the ass statements.
    Almost ever day on the site I am amazed at the things people pull out of their ass.
    All I can say is you must feel relieved SI, I bet that was one of the worse feelings of constipation you have ever had.

What's the encore?
    Cris Carter is the worse WR the Vikings have ever had on their roster? Bud Grant does not deserve to be honored?
    The Purple People Eaters were a joke?
    After this thread nothing you write will surprise me.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    This is so ridiculous.

Do you even watch the games?
    You probably stare at who has the ball the whole game the look at the end result and box score.
    Sure, AW's strength is not his cover ability.
    But you make it seem like he is roasted every other play.

[size=13pt]Click here is you are struggling with understanding football[/size]
    The hammer strikes.
    ;D
    Nice.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I must say that I admire those of you who kept the debate going.
    I gave up on page 3.
    From the Brick Wall to the "are you high?" to the 'Click here is you are having difficulty understanding football; to the 'this is pointless, what's next?'
    Hours of priceless entertainment...thanks.
    Skol PPO posters!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I can't believe I read this whole thread.... must be something in the water........ puzzled......... stop the speculations..... it is not time for them to be released, or traded. They are corner stones of our defense, at the high level they play their positions, and will be Vikings for the next 3 years atleast.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    They're both under contract for next season so I don't see why this one would be their last...
    They could be cut for salary cap reasons, or just to make room for younger guys.
    Under contract does not mean employed
    Actually being under contract does mean employed.
    Could they be released, cut, or traded?
    Sure it can happen.
    Then they wouldn't be under contract and therefore not employed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678