Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Sharper and winfield's last year in minnesota???

"SharperImage" wrote:
    I understand what you mean but we cant waste Greg Blue an Marcus Mccauleys young years for some old guy. like for example look what the packers have done to that poor aaron rodgers.. he was going to be a first pick an now its been 3 years an he is still sittin behind some1 past his years/. an they wasted his talent..i dont want that to happen to McCauley an Blue
    Sharper returning INTs for touchdowns is WAAAAAYY different than Favre throwing dozens of INTs.

McCauley will get playing time at nickel, and Blue will fill in when needed. We have 4 potential starting safeties other than him tho, so yeah, we CAN waste his young years. Not on some old dude, either. Tank and Doss are fairly young guys.
    -Sno

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

ok come on guys your not thinking like a real NFL team.. they see this talent. winfield an sharper are gettin old an are counting against the salary cap alot.. if i know i have to guys who are good enuff to start an is young an cheap. ill go with young an cheap an good. then old an pricy an good

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"SharperImage" wrote:
    I believe this will be the last year we see sharper an winfield. sharper an winfield are getting up in age. an if mccauley an blue live up to there hype that will be our starters next year. any thoughts?
    no way dude, winfield is too valuable and productive, the vikes are not going to let a player of his caliber walk away, sharper has done nothing but perform since we signed him, so why would we get rid of two pro bowl players? (I know winfield has not made a pro bowl, but it is one of the largest travesties of all-time that this man has not made a pro-bowl)
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

"SharperImage" wrote:
    ok come on guys your not thinking like a real NFL team.. they see this talent. winfield an sharper are gettin old an are counting against the salary cap alot.. if i know i have to guys who are good enuff to start an is young an cheap. ill go with young an cheap an good. then old an pricy an good
    same thing applys to what u said carta ur not thinking likr a NFL GM

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"SharperImage" wrote:

I see your point about this, but things like this come back to burn owners all the time. We know what Winfield is gonna give us on the field, the same with Sharper. The other guys we've seen play a couple seasons worth of exhibition games and fill in spots. Who knows what they would do in a full season, every play. I think we have to stick with the "old guys" who are still producing well.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's impossible to tell, everybody ages differently and everybody endures different injuries and stress on their bodies that eventually take their toll. Hopefully they will both finish their careers here, but it is a competitive business and if some young gun comes in and takes their spot, so be it.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Yes. I do have thoughts.

Oh yeh, as for Winfield and Sharper......they stay, imo.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"SharperImage" wrote:
    I believe this will be the last year we see sharper an winfield. sharper an winfield are getting up in age. an if mccauley an blue live up to there hype that will be our starters next year. any thoughts?
    Do you even know how old Winfield is or what?
    Holy shit.
    The guy turned 30 in June and is in his flippin' prime.

Sharper is going to be 32.

Do people just say shit without checking or what?

Winfield had his 3rd highest career total for solo tackles and tied his career high for INT's while playing all 16 games.
    Yah...he sure is old now.

Who's next?
    Adrian Peterson is getting too old too?
    :

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

WHoa, that one struck a nerve with ultra! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    same thing applys to what u said carta ur not thinking likr a NFL GM
    I don't need to think like an NFL gm to know that getting rid of two pro-bowl type players, and the leaders of our secondary would be a terrible move...

I love the talent we have gotten in the past two drafts for the secondary... griffen, mccauly (sp) and blue, but are you telling me that our secondary would be solid next season with mccauly, blue, griffen, and smith as the starters?--> no way

REAL NFL GMs would be more inclined to cut pricey veterns once their play declines, and in both these players' cases that is not the case, so really how do you think you would do as a GM, cutting all the proven veterans in favor of young unproven players... :

A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast