Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76
  1. #21
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    Just look at the colts game on monday night to see the future.Sacked once 1 interception 3 fumbles one lost.See you in the regular season wrecks
    I'd be more excited if it was a team like Cleveland or Tampa Bay that did that.

  2. #22
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    Back to the topic at hand though... Football season is here, the time we've all waited for... Our defense is STACKED and exited about playing. Our offense is young and potentially explosive. I'm excited for the next few years to follow. I can see what Sharper is talking about.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    I love seeing all these replies but where are the Childress haters.
    After all it is "his scheme and his not going oafter talent" that put us here.
    Got to love it.
    I'm so ready for the season.

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    "ejmat" wrote:
    I love seeing all these replies but where are the Childress haters.
    After all it is "his scheme and his not going oafter talent" that put us here.
    Got to love it.
    I'm so ready for the season.
    Gotta be honest, I'm not the biggest Childress supporter... but if we start putting up W's, I'll jump on the bandwagon.

    But last year's playcalling....
    :P
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    "ejmat" wrote:
    I love seeing all these replies but where are the Childress haters.
    After all it is "his scheme and his not going oafter talent" that put us here.
    Got to love it.
    I'm so ready for the season.
    Are you talking about Winfield?

    Honestly I wonder what his opinion on the matter is these days, when there is so much positivity surrounding the team, from teamates, fans, and the media.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  6. #26
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    "Billy" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I love seeing all these replies but where are the Childress haters.
    After all it is "his scheme and his not going oafter talent" that put us here.
    Got to love it.
    I'm so ready for the season.
    Are you talking about Winfield?

    Honestly I wonder what his opinion on the matter is these days, when there is so much positivity surrounding the team, from teamates, fans, and the media.
    Very little from the hometown media. But with some wins I hope they change their tune. We have to do well or the team will be moving to Las Vegas where they are building a new arena for pro spots and they would build a new football stadium in a heart beat.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Penalties killed us on both sides of the ball...led the freakin league!

    You can click any of the top icons to rearrange the list by that category...

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=null&seas onString=2006-REG&archive=false&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_ PASSING&d-447263-o=2&Submit=Find&conference=null&tabSeq=2&role=OPP& d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

    We were 17th lowest in completion percentage against us...No.1 in attempts against us per game!!
    Tied for 12th best (with four teams) in yds per play...FOURTH BEST IN PASSING TDS ALLOWED!!!
    Only Pats, Jags, and Broncos were better!
    And, we were fifth in Interceptions!!

    Not so bad after all!??
    Of course it wasn't bad.
    The defense was regarded as fairly good last year.
    Amazing against the run, and decent against the pass.
    Our criticisms were mostly in the area of pass rush, and the way that teams were able to pass against us in the second half of the season, after NE exposed us.
    If you were able to do that ranking form week 8 on, it would be a different story.

    But no matter what, we know that we have a good defense.
    It was our offense last year that killed us.
    As long as we have a little bit of a spark on O this year, we will be a very dangerous team.
    That is one thing I love about the 2007 Vikings.
    We only need to have an average offense to make the playoffs.
    If some of our young players work out and we become above average... I will be making plane reservations for Glendale... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Penalties killed us on both sides of the ball...led the freakin league!

    You can click any of the top icons to rearrange the list by that category...

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=null&seas onString=2006-REG&archive=false&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_ PASSING&d-447263-o=2&Submit=Find&conference=null&tabSeq=2&role=OPP& d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

    We were 17th lowest in completion percentage against us...No.1 in attempts against us per game!!
    Tied for 12th best (with four teams) in yds per play...FOURTH BEST IN PASSING TDS ALLOWED!!!
    Only Pats, Jags, and Broncos were better!
    And, we were fifth in Interceptions!!

    Not so bad after all!??
    Of course it wasn't bad.
    The defense was regarded as fairly good last year.
    Amazing against the run, and decent against the pass.

    Our criticisms were mostly in the area of pass rush, and the way that teams were able to pass against us in the second half of the season, after NE exposed us.
    If you were able to do that ranking form week 8 on, it would be a different story.

    But no matter what, we know that we have a good defense.
    It was our offense last year that killed us.
    As long as we have a little bit of a spark on O this year, we will be a very dangerous team.

    That is one thing I love about the 2007 Vikings.
    We only need to have an average offense to make the playoffs.
    If some of our young players work out and we become above average... I will be making plane reservations for Glendale... ;D
    Thats right, defense had way too much responsibility to keep us in games last year.
    I agree that it won't take a large improvement on offense to make us competitive and I'm not expecting any miracles with the passing game in 2007.
    However, I was really pumped when we picked up AD, even though we had Chester.
    AD was the quickest way to get a spark on our offense with the players we had.
    Even moreso than CJ in the short term.
    If AD stays healthy, he will give Childress a lot more time to get the rest of his system clicking and take some pressure of the young QB/WR's.




  9. #29
    jobusrum is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    40

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    uh, I think this may be one of the worst Viking teams in a while. Their offense has a great RB tandum in Peterson/Taylor, but they have a rookie QB and no WR's at all. I dont see their offense being "explosive" at all. Their run D should be good again but what about the pass D. After the New England game last year the Vikes spiraled downwards as teams started to just pass at will against them

  10. #30
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

    "jobusrum" wrote:
    uh, I think this may be one of the worst Viking teams in a while. Their offense has a great RB tandum in Peterson/Taylor, but they have a rookie QB and no WR's at all. I dont see their offense being "explosive" at all. Their run D should be good again but what about the pass D. After the New England game last year the Vikes spiraled downwards as teams started to just pass at will against them
    Shut up
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cheer Up Women Vikings Fans!
    By singersp in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 573
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 12:05 AM
  2. Vikings fans need to cheer for the Lions this weekend...
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 11:41 PM
  3. Cheer Up Packers Fans
    By singersp in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 03:20 AM
  4. Cheer up ole Vikings fans!
    By finnishvikingsfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM
  5. Cheer up Vikings fans....????....
    By ShanePurpleBlood in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 11:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •