Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Sharper: "Vikings fans will have a lot to cheer about"

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am glad he is speaking out positive but lets not pull a Detroit Lion move and get to cocky.
    Good point. I remember when Daunte Culpepper first went to Miami and he told the fans to "Get ready for a show" only to have one of the worst QB performances ever.

Only bring it up because I thought it was funny. Regardless, I'm pumped to hear Sharper say this! He is one of the best players in the league and he is excited about our team, and so am I.
    He put on one hell of a show alright.
    Those were some fun games to watch.
    LOL. My friend out here is a Dolphins fan and I warned before last season started, the guy is going to fumble and throw picks. He said I was crazy.

But you're right... very fun games to watch.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

GoVikes11 is offline Rookie

We also allowed the 4th fewest touchdowns through the air if I remember correctly.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Penalties killed us on both sides of the ball...led the freakin league!

You can click any of the top icons to rearrange the list by that category...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=null&seas onString=2006-REG&archive=false&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_ PASSING&d-447263-o=2&Submit=Find&conference=null&tabSeq=2&role=OPP& d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

We were 17th lowest in completion percentage against us...No.1 in attempts against us per game!!
    Tied for 12th best (with four teams) in yds per play...FOURTH BEST IN PASSING TDS ALLOWED!!!
    Only Pats, Jags, and Broncos were better!
    And, we were fifth in Interceptions!!

Not so bad after all!??
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Man realfootball has been doing a lot of vikes articles lately.I was watching NFL Network and everytime they came across the bears the say "they are far and away the best team in the nfc north", "They will easily win the division and run away with it" And no one even mention that the vikes picked wrecks off 6 times in two outing last year and had him at a 1.3 passing rating.I think this year we will beat the bears at least once and hopefully surprise a lot of people

Bears win but Grossman struggles again - 12/04/2006
    Source: National Football League News Wire

Rex Grossman heard the boos through the cold air at Soldier Field. On a day the Chicago Bears captured a second straight division title and became the first team to clinch a playoff spot, their young quarterback struggled again. His QB rating was a microscopic 1.3. He completed only 6 of 19 passes for 34 yards and threw three more interceptions -- giving him 17 for the season and 14 in the last seven games. Thanks to defense and special teams, the Bears still beat the Minnesota Vikings 23-13. "I feel like I have pretty thick skin," Grossman said at his postgame news conference where he was peppered with questions about his poor play. "It's out there. I know the fans' frustration and everything. It wasn't a surprise to me. But it's definitely a situation that I don't want to be in. It's unfortunate. But it just feels weird. I feel like we lost and (I'm) wearing a division championship (hat)." Acknowledging that he, too, is frustrated, Grossman reiterated he hasn't lost his confidence and vowed to fix his problems. How to do that? Stop thinking so much, he said, and just go play football like he has most of his life. Coach Lovie Smith, who became agitated with some of the questions about Grossman, said he's not changing quarterbacks. Smith did make a switch at halftime of the 14th game a year ago, sending in Grossman to take over for Kyle Orton. So it's not like he's never pulled his quarterback before. But not this time, even though there have been numerous calls for veteran Brian Griese to relieve Grossman. "Right now we're 10-2 with Rex as our quarterback," Smith said. How does Grossman get better, especially with the playoffs looming in about six weeks? "As we win a division title, I'm not going to sit here and tell you about all the things we're going to do to change what we have going right now. Because there's not a lot," Smith said. Grossman was intercepted in the first quarter by Vikings linebacker Napoleon Harris at the 11-yard line, killing a Bears drive, and that seemed to set the tone for his shaky day. He didn't blame the frigid conditions with 20-degree temperatures and single-digit wind chills for his lack of accuracy. "We just never got anything going," he said.

http://myfantasyball.com/players.php?player_id=280

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    Man realfootball has been doing a lot of vikes articles lately.I was watching NFL Network and everytime they came across the bears the say "they are far and away the best team in the nfc north", "They will easily win the division and run away with it" And no one even mention that the vikes picked wrecks off 6 times in two outing last year and had him at a 1.3 passing rating.I think this year we will beat the bears at least once and hopefully surprise a lot of people
    I wouldn't be surprised if Brian Greese was starting for the Bears... sooner rather than later.

"C" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Brian Greese was starting for the Bears... sooner rather than later.
    No lovie wont switch qbs.Read what i posted above from last year.Urlacher was on NFL network and he said rex is the starter and everyone is 100 percent behind him.I highly doubt that they will switch qbs.All the better for us!Id much rather face grossman than greise

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    No lovie wont switch qbs.Read what i posted above from last year.Urlacher was on NFL network and he said rex is the starter and everyone is 100 percent behind him.I highly doubt that they will switch qbs.All the better for us!Id much rather face grossman than greise
    Agreed, throw Grossman in there any day of the week. Our defense is going to tear him apart.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    I thought we would have seen him last year, but it never happened...I think their set on sticking with Gross now, and thats a good thing for us... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    I thought we would have seen him last year, but it never happened...I think their set on sticking with Gross now, and thats a good thing for us... ;D
    He stayed healthy last year, and that was the fluke.

I think he'll be back to old Fragile Rex Glassman soon enough.
    -Sno

Just look at the colts game on monday night to see the future.Sacked once 1 interception 3 fumbles one lost.See you in the regular season wrecks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast