Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Sharper still has plenty of confidence

This is from Pro Football Weekly....

==============================================

Vikings expect many new faces on defense to go on the offensive
    Minnesota

Despite struggling in several areas on defense — something backed up by low rankings in key defensive categories — coordinator Ted Cottrell will not be scared back to the drawing board during Minnesota’s bye this week. The Vikings won’t change anything on the chalkboard. More importantly, though, a lot will change on the injury report, with ailing starters MLB Sam Cowart (knee), WLB E.J. Henderson (ankle) and FS Darren Sharper (knee) and top reserves DE Lance Johnstone (shoulder) and CB Brian Williams (knee) expected to be back at full strength by Week Six at Chicago. The status of DE Kenechi Udeze was a little more uncertain, as he was slated to undergo knee surgery the first week of October. Minor injuries and a plethora of newcomers have slowed the cohesion of Cottrell’s defense. Sharper, playing in his fifth defense in eight years, said five or six games is the normal time span for a group to jell. “With the talent we have, he wants to keep it vanilla,� Sharper told PFW. “He knows we’re going to play fast. We’ll be basic, simple, and we can go out there and react. The talent will come into play. It takes — I’d say after the bye week — some time to get that communication and trust of your teammates. After the bye week, pretty much everyone should be healthy, and we’ll be the top-10 defense we should be.�

=============================================

Hmmmm.... At the beginning of the season he said we'd be a Top-5 defense.....
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Sharper still has plenty of confidence

yup in talk is cheap. i'm tired of this team talking, i want to see something happen on the field. i agree we should look better when we get our starters back but still we weren't even close to being a top 10 D when they were all healthy

Thanks Josdin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

When you average in the stats we already put in the books, it is unlikely that you can over come that defiscit. Aiming for the top ten and actually playing Defense will be a good thing coming.

While the first quarter of the season was quite a disappointment, I'm not jumping ship just yet. It's also nice to see that some on the team haven't given up on the season after 4 games.

It's still very early in the season and we are playing in a very weak division. It could be worse. I knew it was gonna take time for the D to gel with all the new faces this season. Give 'em some more time with some healthy starters and let's see what happens. Let's just hope the offense has the same mentality as the defense and they can also pull it together soon.
    Even babies know the difference.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

So all of you would rather Sharper say that we suck and the season is basically over? I'd rather hear how things can change and positive things, than just throwing in the towel. Hell, lets turn it around or go down in flames. ALL OR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Thank you Grpape...It goes to show our players arnt givin up and we cant! theres 3 quarters left to play...and this is a very new defense I think alot of us including myself forget about that. I still have hope this thing can come together!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

Ok our offense is the problem not our defense!! In the falcons game it seemed like our defense was on the field the whole first half, as nicked up as our defense was that is not a good thing even with a healthy defense.. I think Steve Loney as Offensive coordinator was a mistake, our offense looks lost, offensive line especially.. Daunte looks like hes afraid to throw to our deep receiving core.. Our offensive line cant block anyone especially the middle of the line.. Micheal Bennett looks horrible.. I hope and pray they get their s%^t together during bye week. I will always bleed purple win or lose!!! Go Vikes :cheers:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Have to stop playing a soft defense, put an attack system in and stay with it. Play to win not to lose! Play man on man, blitz a LB or a Safety or both on almost every play.

Quit being pussies, and start playing like you have pair!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikingryche" wrote:
    Ok our offense is the problem not our defense!! In the falcons game it seemed like our defense was on the field the whole first half, as nicked up as our defense was that is not a good thing even with a healthy defense.. I think Steve Loney as Offensive coordinator was a mistake, our offense looks lost, offensive line especially.. Daunte looks like hes afraid to throw to our deep receiving core.. Our offensive line cant block anyone especially the middle of the line.. Micheal Bennett looks horrible.. I hope and pray they get their s%^t together during bye week. I will always bleed purple win or lose!!! Go Vikes :cheers:

Our defense wasn't a problem, what game did you watch? Did you not see them run for 270 some yards? They ran through us in the first quarter like we were not there.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Vikingryche" wrote:

It has kind of been that way in all of our losses this year. They never get to breathe because we give the ball back so quickly.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast