Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sharper to stay

Del Rio Guest

Re: Sharper to stay

I thought he was the starter until his injury. I remember being pissed about it because I thought B-Will was getting shafted by Tice and co. Either way I guess he didnt play lol.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Sorry, but I kind of was hoping we would get rid of him, not that I don't like him I just think he's getting too old, he missed so many tackles this year not to mention he was late on coverage and everything else.
    would u prefer greg blue at the spot over one of the best sateties to play the game?
    I would not call him one of the best safeties in the game anymore; there are a lot of better players now.

I was not too happy with his play this year, against the run and pass.
    i agree completely, he is still a good player, but what really keeps him around is his experience and knowledge of the game. he may be like BJ, age is just catching up with him. i would like to get a better look at greg blue though.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Well personally, I don't think Blue is the answer at Safety either. In college he wasn't known as a very good cover Safety in fact he was downright horrible. Basic stereotypical Cover 2 you need good tackling corners and Safety's that can cover. I was hoping we would resign Tank Williams OR possibly go after Michael Lewis (ex-Eagle Safety) who is probably one of the best Strong Safety's in the league.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Well personally, I don't think Blue is the answer at Safety either. In college he wasn't known as a very good cover Safety in fact he was downright horrible. Basic stereotypical Cover 2 you need good tackling corners and Safety's that can cover. I was hoping we would resign Tank Williams OR possibly go after Michael Lewis (ex-Eagle Safety) who is probably one of the best Strong Safety's in the league.

You say Blue isn't a very good cover safety, but Tank Williams and Michael Lewis aren't exactly known for great coverage ability either.

I think the Vikes needed to stay with Sharper, Blue ISN'T ready..yet.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Jeremy is offline Starter

Sharper was leaving?

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

How does one of the best strong safetys in the league get benched?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123