Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Sharper to stay

  1. #21
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Sharper to stay

    I thought he was the starter until his injury. I remember being pissed about it because I thought B-Will was getting shafted by Tice and co. Either way I guess he didnt play lol.

  2. #22
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Sharper to stay

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Sorry, but I kind of was hoping we would get rid of him, not that I don't like him I just think he's getting too old, he missed so many tackles this year not to mention he was late on coverage and everything else.
    would u prefer greg blue at the spot over one of the best sateties to play the game?
    I would not call him one of the best safeties in the game anymore; there are a lot of better players now.

    I was not too happy with his play this year, against the run and pass.
    i agree completely, he is still a good player, but what really keeps him around is his experience and knowledge of the game. he may be like BJ, age is just catching up with him. i would like to get a better look at greg blue though.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  3. #23
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Sharper to stay

    Well personally, I don't think Blue is the answer at Safety either. In college he wasn't known as a very good cover Safety in fact he was downright horrible. Basic stereotypical Cover 2 you need good tackling corners and Safety's that can cover. I was hoping we would resign Tank Williams OR possibly go after Michael Lewis (ex-Eagle Safety) who is probably one of the best Strong Safety's in the league.


  4. #24
    KJ's Avatar
    KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    374

    Re: Sharper to stay

    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Well personally, I don't think Blue is the answer at Safety either. In college he wasn't known as a very good cover Safety in fact he was downright horrible. Basic stereotypical Cover 2 you need good tackling corners and Safety's that can cover. I was hoping we would resign Tank Williams OR possibly go after Michael Lewis (ex-Eagle Safety) who is probably one of the best Strong Safety's in the league.

    You say Blue isn't a very good cover safety, but Tank Williams and Michael Lewis aren't exactly known for great coverage ability either.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Sharper to stay

    I think the Vikes needed to stay with Sharper, Blue ISN'T ready..yet.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  6. #26
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Sharper to stay

    Sharper was leaving?

    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Well personally, I don't think Blue is the answer at Safety either. In college he wasn't known as a very good cover Safety in fact he was downright horrible. Basic stereotypical Cover 2 you need good tackling corners and Safety's that can cover. I was hoping we would resign Tank Williams OR possibly go after Michael Lewis (ex-Eagle Safety) who is probably one of the best Strong Safety's in the league.

    How does one of the best strong safetys in the league get benched?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Sharper could stay in division and talking to Saints
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
  2. Stay Tice Stay
    By vikings_fan66 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Pat Wants to Stay
    By ejmat in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 08:23 AM
  4. Stay at 7
    By WINchester FIELDer in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM
  5. jamie sharper and darren sharper brothers?
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •