Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

I'm not really outraged by it or anything.

But I think there is flawed logic in the following three quotes:

Besides, most of the people that park in those spots, don't need to.
    I doubt it was gonna be in use anyway
    I'm willing to bet that there were about 3 more empty handicap spots.
    Like I said, I'm not outraged, but it's like, c'mon man. It completely a dick move to be a professional athlete (or for anyone else for that matter) and park in a handicap spot.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

It'd be worse if it was at a grocery store or something. But it was at a TV station where there most likely is enough handicapped spaces not being used. He may be arrogant (I don't know) but I doubt he's a complete jackass.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

My son is handicapped, and he's 2.5 so obviously i drive him around. I get looks from people all the time at the grocery store or wherever. They automatically assume i would be the one that is handicapped. While i do utilize the handicapped spot occ. when i'm alone, i try not to, if there are other spots.

You try carrying a 25 lb. boy from the car to a cart inside the store. His placard expires in '14 but we are hoping he'll be able to walk by next christmas. By then it should be no more diapers, formula or baby toys for either of them.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/006.JPG[/img][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/009.JPG[/img]
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    My son is handicapped, and he's 2.5 so obviously i drive him around. I get looks from people all the time at the grocery store or wherever. They automatically assume i would be the one that is handicapped. While i do utilize the handicapped spot occ. when i'm alone, i try not to, if there are other spots.

You try carrying a 25 lb. boy from the car to a cart inside the store. His placard expires in '14 but we are hoping he'll be able to walk by next christmas. By then it should be no more diapers, formula or baby toys for either of them.
    You have 2 adorable children (are there two or is it just a different picture?) That would be the best christmas gift if he can walk by next christmas.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

A lot of comments on PFT mention the snow.

I bet it was probably an honest mistake.

Or he knew that it was perfectly reasonable to assume that no one would be parking in the spot at night on christmas eve. He risks injury walking on what could be potentially snow and ice, his body is his career, it's smart on his part, but still kind of disrespectful to the idea of handicapped parking.

Sharper's a good guy. If it was intentional, it's a small problem on an otherwise great career on and off the field.

[quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=49778.msg885085#msg885085 date=1230255434]

Or he knew that it was perfectly reasonable to assume that no one would be parking in the spot at night on christmas eve. He risks injury walking on what could be potentially snow and ice, his body is his career, it's smart on his part, but still kind of disrespectful to the idea of handicapped parking.

Sharper's a good guy. If it was intentional, it's a small problem on an otherwise great career on and off the field.
    [/quote

Well said Mr. Anderson

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"SharperImage" wrote:
    This just in: Goodell has fined Jared Allen $25,000 for Darren Sharper Parking in a Handicap spot.
    fixed.

Had he done it at a mall the day after thanksgiving it would be newsworthy.
    This, however, is not newsworthy.

I speed everyday, guess that makes me despicable. :
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

"Mr" wrote:

How is it an honest mistake? They are clearly marked for a reason.

It makes no difference what so ever if his body is his career, someone handicapped can't rely on their body?

It's not KIND OF discrespectful, it's very discrespectful.

He needs to be ticketed. PERIOD.

Oh, and if it was night on xmas eve, there were certainly plenty of spots open.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

"Mr" wrote:

It makes no difference what so ever if his body is his career, someone handicapped can't rely on their body?

It's no KIND OF discrespectful, it's very discrespectful.

I doubt you will find anyone who thinks he shouldn't get ticketed, but people are making to big a deal out of this

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"erik5032" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

It's no KIND OF discrespectful, it's very discrespectful.

I doubt you will find anyone who thinks he shouldn't get ticketed, but people are making to big a deal out of this
    Whocares.....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast