Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78
  1. #21
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    I'm not really outraged by it or anything.

    But I think there is flawed logic in the following three quotes:

    Besides, most of the people that park in those spots, don't need to.
    I doubt it was gonna be in use anyway
    I'm willing to bet that there were about 3 more empty handicap spots.
    Like I said, I'm not outraged, but it's like, c'mon man. It completely a dick move to be a professional athlete (or for anyone else for that matter) and park in a handicap spot.


    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  2. #22
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    It'd be worse if it was at a grocery store or something. But it was at a TV station where there most likely is enough handicapped spaces not being used. He may be arrogant (I don't know) but I doubt he's a complete jackass.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    My son is handicapped, and he's 2.5 so obviously i drive him around. I get looks from people all the time at the grocery store or wherever. They automatically assume i would be the one that is handicapped. While i do utilize the handicapped spot occ. when i'm alone, i try not to, if there are other spots.

    You try carrying a 25 lb. boy from the car to a cart inside the store. His placard expires in '14 but we are hoping he'll be able to walk by next christmas. By then it should be no more diapers, formula or baby toys for either of them.



    [img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/006.JPG[/img][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/009.JPG[/img]
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  4. #24
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    My son is handicapped, and he's 2.5 so obviously i drive him around. I get looks from people all the time at the grocery store or wherever. They automatically assume i would be the one that is handicapped. While i do utilize the handicapped spot occ. when i'm alone, i try not to, if there are other spots.

    You try carrying a 25 lb. boy from the car to a cart inside the store. His placard expires in '14 but we are hoping he'll be able to walk by next christmas. By then it should be no more diapers, formula or baby toys for either of them.
    You have 2 adorable children (are there two or is it just a different picture?) That would be the best christmas gift if he can walk by next christmas.

  5. #25
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    A lot of comments on PFT mention the snow.

    I bet it was probably an honest mistake.


    Or he knew that it was perfectly reasonable to assume that no one would be parking in the spot at night on christmas eve. He risks injury walking on what could be potentially snow and ice, his body is his career, it's smart on his part, but still kind of disrespectful to the idea of handicapped parking.

    Sharper's a good guy. If it was intentional, it's a small problem on an otherwise great career on and off the field.

  6. #26
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=49778.msg885085#msg885085 date=1230255434]
    A lot of comments on PFT mention the snow.

    I bet it was probably an honest mistake.


    Or he knew that it was perfectly reasonable to assume that no one would be parking in the spot at night on christmas eve. He risks injury walking on what could be potentially snow and ice, his body is his career, it's smart on his part, but still kind of disrespectful to the idea of handicapped parking.

    Sharper's a good guy. If it was intentional, it's a small problem on an otherwise great career on and off the field.
    [/quote

    Well said Mr. Anderson

  7. #27
    TARKenton's Avatar
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    This just in: Goodell has fined Jared Allen $25,000 for Darren Sharper Parking in a Handicap spot.
    fixed.


    Had he done it at a mall the day after thanksgiving it would be newsworthy.
    This, however, is not newsworthy.


    I speed everyday, guess that makes me despicable. :
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    "Mr" wrote:
    A lot of comments on PFT mention the snow.

    I bet it was probably an honest mistake.


    Or he knew that it was perfectly reasonable to assume that no one would be parking in the spot at night on christmas eve. He risks injury walking on what could be potentially snow and ice, his body is his career, it's smart on his part, but still kind of disrespectful to the idea of handicapped parking.

    Sharper's a good guy. If it was intentional, it's a small problem on an otherwise great career on and off the field.
    How is it an honest mistake? They are clearly marked for a reason.

    It makes no difference what so ever if his body is his career, someone handicapped can't rely on their body?

    It's not KIND OF discrespectful, it's very discrespectful.

    He needs to be ticketed. PERIOD.

    Oh, and if it was night on xmas eve, there were certainly plenty of spots open.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  9. #29
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    A lot of comments on PFT mention the snow.

    I bet it was probably an honest mistake.


    Or he knew that it was perfectly reasonable to assume that no one would be parking in the spot at night on christmas eve. He risks injury walking on what could be potentially snow and ice, his body is his career, it's smart on his part, but still kind of disrespectful to the idea of handicapped parking.

    Sharper's a good guy. If it was intentional, it's a small problem on an otherwise great career on and off the field.
    How is it an honest mistake? They are clearly marked for a reason.

    It makes no difference what so ever if his body is his career, someone handicapped can't rely on their body?

    It's no KIND OF discrespectful, it's very discrespectful.

    He needs to be ticketed. PERIOD.
    I doubt you will find anyone who thinks he shouldn't get ticketed, but people are making to big a deal out of this

  10. #30
    Vikestand's Avatar
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    801

    Re: Sharper parks in a handicap spot

    "erik5032" wrote:
    "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    A lot of comments on PFT mention the snow.

    I bet it was probably an honest mistake.


    Or he knew that it was perfectly reasonable to assume that no one would be parking in the spot at night on christmas eve. He risks injury walking on what could be potentially snow and ice, his body is his career, it's smart on his part, but still kind of disrespectful to the idea of handicapped parking.

    Sharper's a good guy. If it was intentional, it's a small problem on an otherwise great career on and off the field.
    How is it an honest mistake? They are clearly marked for a reason.

    It makes no difference what so ever if his body is his career, someone handicapped can't rely on their body?

    It's no KIND OF discrespectful, it's very discrespectful.

    He needs to be ticketed. PERIOD.
    I doubt you will find anyone who thinks he shouldn't get ticketed, but people are making to big a deal out of this
    Whocares.....



    By Pack93z

    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New rules ease ban on guns in national parks
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 12:33 AM
  2. What's in the bag and what's your handicap?
    By erik5032 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:09 PM
  3. Report: Parks shut down drop-tower rides after teen loses feet
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
  4. jamie sharper and darren sharper brothers?
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:25 AM
  5. Handicap Packer Logo
    By hovan in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 02:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •