Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    [size=13pt]Sharper likes Vikings' energy[/size]

    Pioneer Press

    Article Last Updated: 05/22/2007 11:20:29 PM CDT

    SHOOTER CHARLEY WALTERS


    ......."And this is as good as I've ever seen a team do as far as execution on the first day," Sharper said after practice. "There's a lot of energy out there.".......


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    772

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy


    OVERHEARD

    Vikings coach Brad Childress, after Tuesday's voluntary workout at Winter Park: "I did a little show of hands this morning in the meeting, and I think there were four or five hands; we've had four or five new babies since last year and seven guys' wives are pregnant. I've asked those guys to be more productive, and they are doing a great job of following my lead."


    Ummmmmmmmm.....not sure what to think of that.
    LOL

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    "renovikesfan" wrote:

    OVERHEARD

    Vikings coach Brad Childress, after Tuesday's voluntary workout at Winter Park: "I did a little show of hands this morning in the meeting, and I think there were four or five hands; we've had four or five new babies since last year and seven guys' wives are pregnant. I've asked those guys to be more productive, and they are doing a great job of following my lead."


    Ummmmmmmmm.....not sure what to think of that.
    LOL
    Maybe the old Chiller does have a sense of humor and can be a bit personable regardless of what the local hacks (sports writers) want you to believe.

    You go B-chillllllll
    ;D



    Singer, this is another jewel. Especially coming from a Tomlin supporter.
    Maybe, just maybe the sky isn't falling because good old Mike T took another job.

    And this is as good as I've ever seen a team do as far as execution on the first day
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:

    OVERHEARD

    Vikings coach Brad Childress, after Tuesday's voluntary workout at Winter Park: "I did a little show of hands this morning in the meeting, and I think there were four or five hands; we've had four or five new babies since last year and seven guys' wives are pregnant. I've asked those guys to be more productive, and they are doing a great job of following my lead."


    Ummmmmmmmm.....not sure what to think of that.
    LOL
    Maybe the old Chiller does have a sense of humor and can be a bit personable regardless of what the local hacks (sports writers) want you to believe.

    You go B-chillllllll

    ;D



    Singer, this is another jewel. Especially coming from a Tomlin supporter.
    Maybe, just maybe the sky isn't falling because good old Mike T took another job.

    And this is as good as I've ever seen a team do as far as execution on the first day
    based on what I've heard the Chiller has a great sense of humor, just a dry sense of humor.
    Based on the media hacks' writing style, my guess is they aren't bright enough to pick up on it even if it was interpreted for them.
    Send them to Great Britain for a professional development class.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    I hope sharper kicks butt htis year...he's due a good year again

  6. #6
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    "Prophet" wrote:
    based on what I've heard the Chiller has a great sense of humor, just a dry sense of humor.
    Based on the media hacks' writing style, my guess is they aren't bright enough to pick up on it even if it was interpreted for them.
    Send them to Great Britain for a professional development class.
    I figured it out and on average 1.2 times a press release Ray Childress makes me chuckle.
    His humor is subtle usually, the quality kind.

    KAO is a good example.



    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  7. #7
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    "Billy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    based on what I've heard the Chiller has a great sense of humor, just a dry sense of humor.
    Based on the media hacks' writing style, my guess is they aren't bright enough to pick up on it even if it was interpreted for them.
    Send them to Great Britain for a professional development class.
    I figured it out and on average 1.2 times a press release Ray Childress makes me chuckle.
    His humor is subtle usually, the quality kind.

    KAO is a good example.

    Who is Ray.

    Besides that I allways enjoy a good solid statistic.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  8. #8
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    based on what I've heard the Chiller has a great sense of humor, just a dry sense of humor.
    Based on the media hacks' writing style, my guess is they aren't bright enough to pick up on it even if it was interpreted for them.
    Send them to Great Britain for a professional development class.
    I figured it out and on average 1.2 times a press release Ray Childress makes me chuckle.
    His humor is subtle usually, the quality kind.

    KAO is a good example.

    Who is Ray.

    Besides that I allways enjoy a good solid statistic.
    LMAO. That is exactly what I was thinking.

    Chilly is a funny guy when he wants to be, the problem is the media folks are always expecting a buttoned-down, no-nonsense interview. So, when he does crack a joke, they never even notice.
    -Sno

  9. #9
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

    I figured it out and on average 1.2 times a press release Ray Childress makes me chuckle.
    His humor is subtle usually, the quality kind.

    KAO is a good examplee
    Who is Ray.
    It took me awhile to figure it out, but after reading the article again I finally got it.

    Reyes still taking snaps

    Brad Childress.


    Ray Childress.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Sharper likes Vikings' energy

    "Billy" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

    I figured it out and on average 1.2 times a press release Ray Childress makes me chuckle.
    His humor is subtle usually, the quality kind.

    KAO is a good examplee
    Who is Ray.
    It took me awhile to figure it out, but after reading the article again I finally got it.

    Reyes still taking snaps
    "Playing under Vikings Head Coach Ray Childress, Reyes feels confident he can make the team."

    Whatever happened to the guy that guy that used to say;

    "Well, you can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me..........."

    Was that a Billy Crystal stint on SNL?

    My memory is clouded in regards to that one.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winfield likes Vikings' depth at DB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
  2. Preview magazine likes Vikings
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 02:48 PM
  3. Allen bringing excitement, energy to Vikings
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 02:05 PM
  4. Spielman likes the look of the Vikings this season
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 10:26 AM
  5. moore likes the vikings
    By jmiller1 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 08:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •