Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Sharper, Greenway return Pennington passes for TDs in Vikings' win over Jets

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1369679.html
    Chad Pennington came out throwing this time — a little too often.

A week after not attempting a pass, the New York Jets quarterback had two ill-advised throws returned for touchdowns in a 37-20 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Friday night.

Darren Sharper's 40-yard return came on Pennington's third pass, and Chad Greenway later brought one back 16 yards for the Vikings (1-1), who took advantage of nearly every mistake by the Jets (1-1).
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sharper, Greenway return Pennington passes for TDs in Vikings' win over Jets

all in all, it is a step in the right direction.
    We're bringing purple back.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Points aplenty on defense

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1369658.html
    [size=12pt]Three Vikings touchdowns, on two interception returns and a fumble return, trampled the Jets.[/size]
    If the Vikings were waiting for Tarvaris Jackson to take a firm hold of the starting quarterback position in Friday night's preseason game against the New York Jets, it didn't happen.

But plenty else transpired on the rain-soaked turf at Giants Stadium in the Vikings' 37-20 victory before an announced crowd of 75,851 that wasn't even half that because of afternoon thunderstorms...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sharper, Greenway return Pennington passes for TDs in Vikings' win over Jets

Players who stepped up tonight-

Adrian Peterson- We saw exactly what we drafted tonight. That's a spin move for the highlight reel. Not only does he have the blazing speed to take off after a move like that, but the next few plays he took it straight up the gut and hit the other guy in the mouth like a fullback. very versatile. Chester didn't look to shabby either.

Chad Greenway- I've heard he's fast but I haven't really seen it until now. I saw him in on almost every tackle with the first team. Not to mention him jumping in there and getting a pick 6. Great game for Chad.

Brian Robison- Forced Fumble, Fumble return for TD back to back. He had some good pressure throughout the game. I think he may challenge for one of the end spots at some point in the year.

Players I would like to see more from-

Ced Griffin- They threw at him a lot so i could give him a pass but he didn't look like a starting corner in his time today. I want to see more from him in the next game and the regular season before a read too much into it.

The WR corps- Rice did all right but Williamson was non existent for the most part and wade looked like nothing more than a slot receiver.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Adrian Peterson- We saw exactly what we drafted tonight. That's a spin move for the highlight reel. Not only does he have the blazing speed to take off after a move like that, but the next few plays he took it straight up the gut and hit the other guy in the mouth like a fullback. very versatile. Chester didn't look to shabby either.

Chad Greenway- I've heard he's fast but I haven't really seen it until now. I saw him in on almost every tackle with the first team. Not to mention him jumping in there and getting a pick 6. Great game for Chad.

Brian Robison- Forced Fumble, Fumble return for TD back to back. He had some good pressure throughout the game. I think he may challenge for one of the end spots at some point in the year.

Ced Griffin- They threw at him a lot so i could give him a pass but he didn't look like a starting corner in his time today. I want to see more from him in the next game and the regular season before a read too much into it.

The WR corps- Rice did all right but Williamson was non existent for the most part and wade looked like nothing more than a slot receiver.

Only thing that went his way was that Bollinger bomb into double coverage, which he was in great position to catch, over the shoulder with his arms away from his body. I like keeping him in the dark, so he can surprise during the season. Plus, he threw some good blocks today, which no one notices but are very important. Rice did better than alright. That penalty on him was phooey and the catch in the middle and hanging on when he got plowed was awesome to see. Wade is nothing more than a slot receiver, how many other teams have decided that? so will we.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

"Braddock" wrote:

Only thing that went his way was that Bollinger bomb into double coverage, which he was in great position to catch, over the shoulder with his arms away from his body. I like keeping him in the dark, so he can surprise during the season. Plus, he threw some good blocks today, which no one notices but are very important. Rice did better than alright. That penalty on him was phooey and the catch in the middle and hanging on when he got plowed was awesome to see. Wade is nothing more than a slot receiver, how many other teams have decided that? so will we.
    Only problem being that Wade is currently our #1 receiver.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

For now. Do you honestly think that'll stand past week 3? C'mon, lame point. He's only #1 now b/c Troy imploded last season and Rice is a rook. Guaranteed by the end of the season he'll be #3.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

"Braddock" wrote:

For now. Do you honestly think that'll stand past week 3? C'mon, lame point. He's only #1 now b/c Troy imploded last season and Rice is a rook. Guaranteed by the end of the season he'll be #3.
    Which brings me back to my original point. If he plays all season like he did today, he won't be our #1 receiver by the end of the year. The fact of the matter is that he is our #1 receiver right now and if he wants to keep that spot he needs to play like it. Just because he's played in the slot his whole career doesn't mean that he doesn't try to play like a #1.

And yeah... Troy imploded and Rice is a rookie. Both are essentially unproven.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Would it be possible to score more defensive TD's than offensive?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nice post PPE.

One comment though, Bobby is a slot reciever, thats what he does, and with the heavy emphasis on the run tonight, they only threw one deep ball to Troy that was defensed perfectly.
    Watch the re-run and you will see that he had his hands right were the ball was gonna be.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast