Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    606

    Re: Sharper a FA after the season, doesn't intend on retiring

    Kleinsaser is not as good at blocking as he used to be.
    I do not think he needs to be signed but he's a long time Viking sould I would like him to be signed.


    Sharper played well last game.
    It was dissapointing that he had to clean up on so many tackles but I guess that's what happens when Pat Williams is gone. If Sharper is gone, at least we've got some youth and speed in the secondary.
    I would like us to draft a really athletic cornerback to play nickle.

    Birk could go either way.
    If he isn't to expensive to sign I wouldn't mind signing him but if he wants a pretty big contract then I say we let him go.
    He might be smart enough to realize that his physical skills are declining and he should stay a Viking!

  2. #62
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Sharper a FA after the season, doesn't intend on retiring

    Are u serious?! Jimmy owned his man all game.. And has done so all season

    He had a key block in AP's run last game

    Jim is a beast.. I wasn't a big fan of his til this season.. He really opened my eyes with his blockin

  3. #63
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    606

    Re: Sharper a FA after the season, doesn't intend on retiring

    "V4L" wrote:
    Are u serious?! Jimmy owned his man all game.. And has done so all season

    He had a key block in AP's run last game

    Jim is a beast.. I wasn't a big fan of his til this season.. He really opened my eyes with his blockin
    I've watched him get pancaked more then a few times.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Sharper a FA after the season, doesn't intend on retiring

    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Are u serious?! Jimmy owned his man all game.. And has done so all season

    He had a key block in AP's run last game

    Jim is a beast.. I wasn't a big fan of his til this season.. He really opened my eyes with his blockin
    I've watched him get pancaked more then a few times.
    from what i watched, jimmy has done a pretty solid job blocking for CT and AP.

    and we need jimmy back because he is our most experienced TE and he is like a tackle playing TE. so thats a extra blocker in there to help get AP on the loose

  5. #65
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    782

    Re: Sharper a FA after the season, doesn't intend on retiring

    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Are u serious?! Jimmy owned his man all game.. And has done so all season

    He had a key block in AP's run last game

    Jim is a beast.. I wasn't a big fan of his til this season.. He really opened my eyes with his blockin
    I've watched him get pancaked more then a few times.
    from what i watched, jimmy has done a pretty solid job blocking for CT and AP.

    and we need jimmy back because he is our most experienced TE and he is like a tackle playing TE. so thats a extra blocker in there to help get AP on the loose
    I would like to keep him, but I don't think we will.

  6. #66
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Sharper a FA after the season, doesn't intend on retiring

    "Chazz" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Bleedin" wrote:
    I say the only thing to keep Sharper around would be if he made some big plays in the playoffs.

    I really like him, but we didnt draft a Safety for no reason.
    Yeah...but Tyrell also looked complete lost often. I don't think it is a coinsidense that the improvement of our D corrisponded to Madieu coming back and replacing Tyrell. I would much rather resign Sharper and slowing work Tyrell into starting when he is better suited to start. That depends, however, on Sharper's willingness to stay at a discounted price.
    Tyrell is a rookie, what did you expect?
    The guy had to start the first 7 games.
    Sharper might be better right now, but Sharper is going down hill while Tyrell is going up hill.

    IMO, they could be much closer by time the first game comes next year.

    If it's a matter of salary cap, I would really like the Vikes to put the money to keeping Birk, but knowing Chilly only wants his guys, Birk will be history.

    That is exactly what I am saying. Tyrell isn't ready just yet, so keep Sharper as the starter until Tyrell is as good/better than Sharper. As I also stated, only if he will sign at a discounted price. Birk's situation is a mirror image, sign him to 3 years at discounted price. If they won't do that, then we have to move on. Don't overspend on a declining player.
    What you don't follow the Dan Snyder philosophy that if you pay big $$$ to aging pro bowlers you can build a great team?
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Will Shields retiring
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 08:37 AM
  2. Roaf retiring
    By enlvikeman in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 07:24 PM
  3. Tim Brown Retiring
    By jessejames09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 12:17 AM
  4. jamie sharper and darren sharper brothers?
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:25 AM
  5. Favre Retiring
    By duluthvikeslover85 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •