Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sharper a FA after the season, doesn't intend on retiring

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Problem here is that he has a bit of gas in the tank and can provide some nice leadership for the younger guys, but will he sign a low cost/bargain basement deal that equates to his current skill level.

Let him hang around but don't spend to much on him.
    Somehow I couldn't see him signing a low cost deal and so expect him to be on his way - unless we make the NFCC as a minimum and show that next year could the first for a serious push at the SB. Pity really as he still has a lot to offer in terms of leadership and experience to be passed on.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Problem here is that he has a bit of gas in the tank and can provide some nice leadership for the younger guys, but will he sign a low cost/bargain basement deal that equates to his current skill level.

Let him hang around but don't spend to much on him.
    Somehow I couldn't see him signing a low cost deal and so expect him to be on his way - unless we make the NFCC as a minimum and show that next year could the first for a serious push at the SB. Pity really as he still has a lot to offer in terms of leadership and experience to be passed on.
    I don't see him doing it either my freind.
    Nor do I see him taking a lessor role in the reps allowing STJ to play more.

All kidding aside, I would love to see him do it though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"grpape" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I do like the guy, but I just don't think Minnesota is a good fit.
    He needs a scheme where he's allowed to play center field, something this scheme doesn't allow.
    You'll notice he did great under Cottrell, where he was allowed that, but instantly got bad when Tomlin took over?
    I doubt it.
    I think if he went elsewhere, he'd still be pretty good.
    He was still looking pretty good last year in this scheme. He had INT's and TD's. This year I am not sure what happened but I don't think the scheme changed much from last year to this year.
    What that sounds like to me is that he's a year older and the body starts to slow down without the mind seeing it. That's just the way it goes, the mind thinks one thing and the body does something completely different.
    That sounds more likely to me too.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    He needs a scheme where he's allowed to play center field, something this scheme doesn't allow.

You'll notice he did great under Cottrell, where he was allowed that, but instantly got bad when Tomlin took over?
    I doubt it.
    He was still looking pretty good last year in this scheme. He had INT's and TD's. This year I am not sure what happened but I don't think the scheme changed much from last year to this year.
    two years ago he had an ok season compared to his great season three years ago.
    the sudden drop in production between those two years I think has everything to do with a new coordinator and new scheme

duvaldomo is offline Coach

RESIGN SHARPER! I got the man jersey and everything man ima be pissed if we release him

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I doubt it.
    two years ago he had an ok season compared to his great season three years ago.
    the sudden drop in production between those two years I think has everything to do with a new coordinator and new scheme
    I'm not so sure it is scheme related......

Not really a new scheme and the additions of JA on the DL should dictate that our S's would get a few more "Floaters" to pick.

Nope, I just think he is getting to slow to get over and help.
    Again, sign him to a low end 2 year deal or so for his leadership and depth but don't break the bank.
    If he wants a mega deal let him go find is elsewhere.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

I honestly don't see him making many errors. He's always there to tackle when catches are made (besides a few plays, like hester but nobody is going to catch him) and he is good in run support when we need it from our DB's.

He's having an off year with ints but that is to be expected. You can't have amazing years every year. Honestly I don't want Tyrell to replace him just yet. He got burned multiple times when he was filling in for Madieu. Let him sit behind sharper and learn the small important details of being a ballhawk. To me Sharper has a good 2 years left. He isn't injury prone so he isn't really a gamble in that department.

"hav0x" wrote:
    I honestly don't see him making many errors. He's always there to tackle when catches are made (besides a few plays, like hester but nobody is going to catch him) and he is good in run support when we need it from our DB's.

He's having an off year with ints but that is to be expected. You can't have amazing years every year. Honestly I don't want Tyrell to replace him just yet. He got burned multiple times when he was filling in for Madieu. Let him sit behind sharper and learn the small important details of being a ballhawk. To me Sharper has a good 2 years left. He isn't injury prone so he isn't really a gamble in that department.
    What?
    No errors?

TE's have been killing us in the seam.
    The S's in this scheme are supposed to help the LB out there.
    He has missed several big tackles allowing guys to run free for TD's.
    He has repeatedly got caught gambling (especially in cover 3) to one side or the other even before the QB tries to sway him one way or the other.

Comeon my friend.
    Even though I hack on him alot cause of the PUKER thing, those observations are actual observations that alot of other posters on here have seen as well.

TheVike1 is offline Rookie

I hope all this talk and doubters sets him up (including the Parking sit) for him to have a career day????
    Maybe at least two pics!
    We haven t had that many this year comparatively and maybe run one back for a TD!
    GO VIKES!
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

What?
    No errors?

TE's have been killing us in the seam.
    The S's in this scheme are supposed to help the LB out there.
    He has missed several big tackles allowing guys to run free for TD's.
    He has repeatedly got caught gambling (especially in cover 3) to one side or the other even before the QB tries to sway him one way or the other.

Comeon My Sexy Little Pixie.
    Even though I hack on him alot cause of the PUKER thing, those observations are actual observations that alot of other posters on here have seen as well.
    He has definitely played uninspired ball this year.
    His speed seems to be a key ingredient to his degraded play.
    His experience, confidence and leadership are valuable though and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big play today or if/when we make a playoff run.

For next year, I agree that he isn't worth a big contract or even a guaranteed starting spot which will most likely have him looking elsewhere.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast