Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Sharper Confirms What We Already Knew

Zeus wrote:
    Purple_Jesus wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    I still get so angry about the NFCC game, and this just totally pisses me off. I really liked Sharper when he came here, and I wished him well in NO, but not anymore. I want some serious retribution this season!
    Do you honestly expect that if the Vikings knew that, say, Jay Cutler had bruised ribs, they wouldn't try to hit him in the ribs? That's part of football.
    I honestly think if Cutler had bruised ribs, it might be a target for us yes. However, I don't think we would focus our game around hitting him after the ball was gone, and taking as many cheap shots on his ribs as possible.
    I think the Vikings would do exactly what the Saints did, given the chance. Hopefully, they wouldn't be stupid enough to blab about it to the press.

Football is a man's game.

=Z=
    And real men don't take cheap shots. They play straight up and legal, not like bitches.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Purple_Jesus wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    I still get so angry about the NFCC game, and this just totally pisses me off. I really liked Sharper when he came here, and I wished him well in NO, but not anymore. I want some serious retribution this season!
    Do you honestly expect that if the Vikings knew that, say, Jay Cutler had bruised ribs, they wouldn't try to hit him in the ribs? That's part of football.
    I honestly think if Cutler had bruised ribs, it might be a target for us yes. However, I don't think we would focus our game around hitting him after the ball was gone, and taking as many cheap shots on his ribs as possible.
    I think the Vikings would do exactly what the Saints did, given the chance. Hopefully, they wouldn't be stupid enough to blab about it to the press.

And real men don't take cheap shots. They play straight up and legal, not like bitches.
    That's a huge stinking pile of BS right there. My "clean hit by a Vikings player" is the other side's "cheap shot on our guy" and vice-versa.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Mr Anderson wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Yeah, he's stirring the pot...but Sharper is a total asshole to say this publicly. Brees must be pissed at him.

I want our guys to take out Sharper, that fat f*ck Hargrove, and while they're at it, Gregg Williams.
    Bobby McCray.

Yes, him too. I mentioned Hargrove because of what I saw on the sidelines, him whooping it up when Favre was being carried off the field. I dislike that bastard.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Purple_Jesus wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

That's a huge stinking pile of BS right there. My "clean hit by a Vikings player" is the other side's "cheap shot on our guy" and vice-versa.

=Z=
    I agree with Zeus on this - a "cheap shot" by the other guy is a clean hit by our guys. How many of us feel that the shot Whoopie Goldberg took on AP's knee 2 years ago was clean? It was...but many of us (myself included) felt it was done intentionally to injure.

I tweeted Sharper the following:

@sharper42 I predict that the "Who Dat" nation is going to be asking "Who Dat just whupped our butts" after the season opener.

Can't really get into much trouble for that. As for him being an asshat...well...he's ALWAYS been a showboat. When he was wearing our colors, we enjoyed it. Now that he's claiming they're coming after our guy, we hate him...

Hopefully in every offensive series, our guys have instructions to put Sharper on his ass, regardless of what the play is.

Anyway, I seriously doubt we don't walk all over them. I think the final score will show them, and everyone else, who should have won the Superbowl last season...

Caine

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Rockmolder wrote:
    I know one thing, Sharper won't be hitting that X. He'll most likely bounce off or "accidentally" take a wrong angle.
    LMAO, true true.

Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Purple_Jesus wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=
    I agree with that for the most part, but when the NFL fines players for the cheap shots, and almost everyone that watched the game (even a few select saints fans) agree with me, I'm gonna have to go with my original statements, those were cheap shots.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

I agree with PurplePride here. They were cheap shots. I don't recall the Vikes over the last few years being questioned on playing dirty though. Our game wasn't the only game they tried to injure someone. (Kurt Warner anyone?)

Blog Entries

Purple_Jesus wrote:
    I agree with PurplePride here. They were cheap shots. I don't recall the Vikes over the last few years being questioned on playing dirty though. Our game wasn't the only game they tried to injure someone. (Kurt Warner anyone?)
    The hit on Warner was legal, but totally unnecessary. But If you were a player and had a chance to absolutely blow up a QB like that, you can't tell me you wouldn't take it. It did show the Saints true colors though.

The last time the Vikings were questioned for dirty play was Jared Allen two years ago, against Matt Schaub. That was debated by analysts, and I personally didn't think it was cheap (there's your bias Z ), but there were people from all over on both sides of the fence. It didn't look flagrant or anything, like a certain team's dives at the ankles and knees, it was more he was on the ground and tried to get to him as fast as he could.

Purple_Jesus wrote:
    You mean except for this:
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/03/did-jared-allen-cheap-shot-matt-schaub/
    Did Jared Allen Cheap Shot Matt Schaub?
    Or this:
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/bloggers/lanceallan/45707962.html
    IS JARED ALLEN A DIRTY PLAYER?
    Or this:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/69171142.html
    Allen makes list of dirtiest players
    Or this:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4446703
    Favre fined $10K for illegal crackback
    =Z=

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Purple_Jesus wrote:
    The hit on Warner was legal, but totally unnecessary. But If you were a player and had a chance to absolutely blow up a QB like that, you can't tell me you wouldn't take it. It did show the Saints true colors though.

The last time the Vikings were questioned for dirty play was Jared Allen two years ago, against Matt Schaub. That was debated by analysts, and I personally didn't think it was cheap (there's your bias Z ), but there were people from all over on both sides of the fence. It didn't look flagrant or anything, like a certain team's dives at the ankles and knees, it was more he was on the ground and tried to get to him as fast as he could.
    2008 surely fits into "over the last few years".

=Z=

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast