Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mark is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Sharper Bites back at Favre

Im not a big fan of sharper.
    <!--
    sig -->

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Sharper was only saying that Favre should not get involved with Walker's contract demands because it is only between Walker and the Pack.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Guruzen is offline Starter

Shame on Sharper for not recognising that Brett's reason for skipping camp (which was actually encouraged by coach Sherman), is that his wife is recovering from cancer... if that's not a legitimate excuse to skip camp, I dunno what is!

Walker deserves more money, I'll give him that. But he KNOWS that his team is strapped for cash so why ask for money that just isn't there? If the Packers had the cap room, then that would be different.

As for Brett... if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Your team is strapped for cash and you've got one of the biggest cap hits. Has it occurred to you to take a pay cut to help them out, after all you've been through with this team?

I agree with fred.. this whole thing is just stupid.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Sharper should not get involved. The Packers are not his team anymore. It has nothing to do with him or his team.
    (well.. not directly :lol: ) I hope he dosent get the Vikings dragged down into this...

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I hope he feels that way because he is a Viking. That attitude seems a bit much. Imagine Burleson holding out and Culpepper saying man we will go on without him and someone telling him to shut up basically. I don't think it would go over well.

Hope it was the purple blood transfusion.

My only problem with what favre did was he went through the media to say those things. I hate when players say things about their teammates, through the media. You should never make comments like that public, you keep them in house. Favre needed to say those things to walker himself, or not at all.

It's good to see though, that favre and walker don't seem to have the best relationship right now, and same with Mcnabb and TO. While our team chemistry seems to be at a high. Never underestimate the importance of team chemistry.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"mark" wrote:
    Im not a big fan of sharper.

But you gotta love what he is adding to the rivalry. The rivalry took a hit, when we traded moss and also with the loss of hovan and his big mouth. Sharper is doing his best to take their spot and I love it! I think sharper will play his best against the pack and come up with some big int's.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Sharper is a big game player and all games against the Pack will be big games for him. He will spice up the rivalry and I think we are in for some good trash talking from him in games vs. GB!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Guruzen is offline Starter

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    My only problem with what favre did was he went through the media to say those things. I hate when players say things about their teammates, through the media. You should never make comments like that public, you keep them in house. Favre needed to say those things to walker himself, or not at all.

It's good to see though, that favre and walker don't seem to have the best relationship right now, and same with Mcnabb and TO. While our team chemistry seems to be at a high. Never underestimate the importance of team chemistry.
    Agreed... it's all a damn publicity stunt. If he really cared he would pick up the phone and call Walker himself. Going to the media is just about the most gutless thing you can do. And the media will find a way to manipulate your words to create a story.

Just like Randy's "I play when I wanna play" comments which were taken way out of context and is still misused today.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I just think that, whether you agree with what Favre did (I do, though I realize it may have some negative repercussions), that Sharper is accusing Favre of exactly what he is doing to Favre himself.

Favre undercut Walker.

Sharper undercut Favre.

You may indeed find the man wearing 42 is indeed the same guy we grew tired of, often talking the talk, but not always walking the wok.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Anyone think Sharper is doing this just to make Vikings fans to like him more? Since he was a hated Packer a few months ago. No better way to make the fans like you then take shots at Farve.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast