Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Sharper Bites back at Favre

Vikings | Sharper Bites Back at Favre - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 4 May 2005 20:47:16 -0700

Bob Wolfley, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Minnesota Vikings S Darren Sharper strongly criticized Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre for sticking his nose into WR Javon Walker's contract dispute. Sharper said Favre's words would carry "no weight" with another player on the Packers. Sharper said Walker is now a Pro Bowl player and will do what he wants. "What's going on with the minicamps and whether or not Javon's there - Brett wasn't at minicamp so it really doesn't make a difference who is there," said Sharper. "He wasn't there, so he shouldn't have anything to say about Javon not being there." Sharper made his comments during an interview on Sirius Satellite Radio on the "The Afternoon Blitz" show.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Sharper Bites back at Favre

i am glad he did criticize him. I realize it is stupid to hold out for more money after one year but that is between him and the team, not Brett. Most coaches say "i only care about who is here and i will only talk about the players that are here" oh but wait that wouldnt include Brett than would it? I know he isnt thee for different reasons than Javon but if Javon is dumb enough to try it than thats his business.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Del Rio Guest

I hope he feels that way because he is a Viking. That attitude seems a bit much. Imagine Burleson holding out and Culpepper saying man we will go on without him and someone telling him to shut up basically. I don't think it would go over well.

Hope it was the purple blood transfusion.

packer_painkiller is offline Training Camp

I think there is bad blood between Sharper and Favre. I think Favre said things when Sharper left town to play for the Vikings (which was another financial issue in Green Bay) I think the perception in Green Bay from the other players standpoint is that Favre should shut the hell up because it is his contract that is a major reason there is no money for anyone else. Is it worth it? We'll see in this upcoming season.
    Does it matter what anyone says here? ---The packers still suck!!!!!!!

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Sharper criticizes people for sticking their noes in other peoples business then he goes and does the same thing does not make much sense to me. Favre isnt there because his wife has cancer I believe so he has a real reason not be there so that comment is pretty stupid to. Favre, Walker, and Sharper are all wrong in my opinion and this whole things stupid.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Favre makes all the cap money in Green Bay it is as simple as that!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Favre has restructured many times to help the cap.

He still is scheduled to hit over 10 mill against the cap this year if I am not mistaken, They don't have money to pay their players

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

ONLY THING D.SHARPER NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT IS HOW TO TACKLE RECIEVERS AFTER THEY CATCH THE BALL. J.WALKER DESERVES MORE MONEY. HE IS SET TO MAKE 1.5MILLION FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS.

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

This topic was also brought up at a Packer site and this is what one of the Packer backers had to say..

"This sharper thing is getting blown way out of line. I was watching the NFL network and Jones from the eagles is talking the approach that many players take on contract matters. The contract issues are between management and that player period, it's not a team isue and no player has the right to get into the business side of football. Brett is the leader of the football team not any players finances or personel business and should keep his mouth shut about it. Brett is now throw himself into walkers personal business and sided with management and now is trying to effect business decisions. Most players when asked about a players hold out will say something like "thats business no comment on his contract situation". Sharper was in effect taking that position that brett has no business commenting on another players contract. For all you union people its another union member jumping in bed with management against a fellow union member. Brett should be a leader on the field, off the field he should keep his nose in his own business. When asked about javon he should say I'm not talking about a guy who isn't here, we are moving on. Let TT handle Walkers situation thats his job and his job alone. it will be less of a distraction if it is handled by the GM and not the players or coach. If/when this thing gets worked out you don't want strained relations between walker favre and sherman."
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast