Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Share Experience

Hola again. It looks like some of you were able to obtain new passwords, login, and change up your profile correctly. Very cool. :cheers:

I am also looking for the experience...was it hard, any gotchas from a normal user that us buried-up-to-our-neck admins may not notice is hard to get? We wanted this full fledged by Draft Day, thus the crush.

Let us know. We're here to make this a good home for every Vikings fan! /

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Share Experience

Glad that you changed the font from yellow to something that's visible - boy did my eyes have some problems !
    Couple of questions/ points to raise
    on the forum index, you might want to change the font colour from grey to something a little darker for when you've viewed a thread - easier to see
    I did have a problem on signing up originally. I got a new password and activated it ok, then amended in in the user profile. When I came back later my 'new' password wasn't working and so I had to use the lost password for a second time. Might be that I didn't save it correctly when I changed it first time round. Since then I selected the auto login feature and have ni more probs.. so might be co-incidence or just me screwing it up.
    Will there be a link from the forum to allow you to go back to the site main page ?
    Other than that all ok so far, even the avatar uploading was easy :salute:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Blog Entries

Share Experience

We haven't finalized all the coloring, so do expect that to change...and I had the same thing happen, maybe it takes twice to wipe itself out...we'll see what others say.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Share Experience

I did not have any problems getting a new password. I did check the :log me in automatically" box, which hasn't worked yet, but that's the only problem I've encountered. I changed my password, and it stuck, so that issue doesn't seem to be affecting everybody.

I just noticed that the new forums allow you to enter a subject for each post in a thread. Unless I was less than observant, that feature wasn't there before. There will probably be a lot of blank subjects in threads until everyone gets used to this feature. I don't know if that's a problem or not. If it is, you could have it default to "re:[Thread Title]" when you click the "post reply" button, and then let people change it if they want. That may be more additional programming than you want to do right now, so I won't be hurt if I'm ignored.

Thanks for all of the work you have been doing. The changes look great.

Share Experience

Everything is working fine for me iam looking forward to when the site is fully up and running.

Blog Entries

Share Experience

We do have a fix for that on the way that defaults it to whatever the topic is...why it is done that way is that alot of times threads fragment into sub topics and when you change the subject line its easier to follow the sub-topics in a thread.

Thanks for the feedback though. :wav:

"josdin00" wrote:
    I did not have any problems getting a new password. I did check the :log me in automatically" box, which hasn't worked yet, but that's the only problem I've encountered. I changed my password, and it stuck, so that issue doesn't seem to be affecting everybody.

I just noticed that the new forums allow you to enter a subject for each post in a thread. Unless I was less than observant, that feature wasn't there before. There will probably be a lot of blank subjects in threads until everyone gets used to this feature. I don't know if that's a problem or not. If it is, you could have it default to "re:[Thread Title]" when you click the "post reply" button, and then let people change it if they want. That may be more additional programming than you want to do right now, so I won't be hurt if I'm ignored.

Thanks for all of the work you have been doing. The changes look great.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Share Experience

So far its working good I have'nt had any proublems yet! :shock:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

New setup

Webmaster:

I Like the new look and the ease-of-use. Everything worked OK for me!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

puretecmo.com is offline Waterboy

Share Experience

Yea i like the new fourms. It made me make my first post :sign2:
    [img:db6ad16d4e]http://gra.midco.net/obe/farve.gif[/img:db6ad16d4e]

Biggs is offline Rookie

Share Experience

No problems here Webby....damn....do I have to lead you by the hand on these things. I would have thought this would have been a prime opportunity to weed out all of us annoying Packer Backers :lol:
    "if you look down to tie your shoes and see nothing but peanuts and confetti...you know the parade has passed you by"

"Some bleed purple as if they were a clown...I bleed Green and Gold as in cash money"

"behold the power of cheese!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast