Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    LOL! Singer busting people with a thread dredging!
    Must have a large dominant 'get even' gene lurking in the old DNA!

    You can add me to the list of doubters as well. I thought he was a waste of money.
    Sometimes crow tastes pretty good.

    1. He's amazing. Gets open and never seems to drop the ball anymore.
    2. The offense actually uses the tight end. That's a novel approach.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  2. #42
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=49711.msg883214#msg883214 date=1229958576]
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=49711.msg883155#msg883155 date=1229955150]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=49711.msg883135#msg883135 date=1229952980]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49711.msg883102#msg883102 date=1229929794]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=49711.msg883098#msg883098 date=1229929634]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49711.msg883091#msg883091 date=1229929247]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=49711.msg883087#msg883087 date=1229928832]
    I think the Shank is overpaid and should be cut crowd is gone now
    I've definitely shut the hell up about it... but at the time, he was playing like crap.

    Oh yah, he was bugging me too

    I guess I usually roll with the "give them time" crowd
    I got upset about Shaincoe's playing when Jackson got benched... I blamed it on him pretty much.

    If he had caught that TD (against the Colts I think?), I don't think Jackson would have been benched.

    I think things have worked out nicely though... him and Jackson both were great today.
    That Shiancoe "Hate" thread started long before the Colts game.

    08/11/2008
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46996.0
    It's only fair to make a list of offenders:

    "Schutz" wrote:
    I believe the article should have been named "Viking's TE Shiancoe hopes new hands come in mail soon".
    "Garland" wrote:
    Was he ever "On track"
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I don't want to hear the word "tries," I just want him to do what a TE, that isn't one dimensional, is suppose to do.
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    We need a new TE. Period.
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ...That is the kind of increase that you would like to see from someone going from a reserve on one team to a starter on another team with a big pay increase.
    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    ....They are right here. Too many mistakes from a TE that signed a 18.5 million dollar contract. He's not worth it at all!!! >
    "C" wrote:
    He's just not a good TE... plain and simple.
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    ...Not sure where they saw his potential; I'm among the yutz's who didn't see it either.
    I was merely trying to represent their only possible argument...not sure why.
    And, for the record...I was quite adamant on this board pre-draft that we needed to address the TE position, just in case Shiancoe is as shitty this year as last
    ;D...and, yes, I think they made a bad hire.
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    ...You say we want him to run down the field, catch passes and hurdle like wiggy, where as most fans would settle with running down the field and catching passes. Which doesn't seem like were asking too much.
    "V" wrote:
    ...I expect drops. He simply is not that good. However, he does fit the scheme.
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ...One dimensional TE's are a dime a dozen.
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    ...If we wanted a pass catcher, we would have stuck with Wiggins.
    He was able to get open, and he caught a lot of balls, and sometimes he would hurdle someone for fun.
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    ....Most of the people defending Shank are saying that his mediocre ability is okay for our team.
    That's fine, but it doesn't help take him out of the wasted signing category.

    And its fine to keep the faith.
    Admirable even.
    Just not much of an argument.
    "C" wrote:
    I'd rather go into the season with Sauce and Mills...
    "V" wrote:
    ...If I'm a defense, I'm not worried about Shank at all.
    "V" wrote:
    ...I have no idea.
    I was puzzled over the signing on day one and still am.


    [/quote]
    Lol A list of offenders, who committed what offense? Pointing out the truth? Shank has made improvements, notice how no one is ripping on him now. How many of those same people gave him props when caught on fire as of late, I know I have?

    All those frustrated posters is a tell tale sign he turned his game around.

    You weren't even trying to defend him when people were posting such non-sense. So what are you trying to say? We were wrong and you weren't right, nananananana?

    [/quote]

    I typically don't make rash decisions on acquisitions and use bullshit to support them.
    I'm wiser than that.
    [/quote]

    Nope, sorry, you aren't you speculate just like the rest of us.

    I'm looking forward to Sapp walking the plank.
    I usually don't go after guys when they're relatively new, but, in this case I make an exception to the rule.
    mmm smells like a heaping pile of that grade A bullshit to me.
    [/quote]

    Not if you can read and comprehend a statement.
    [/quote]

    Well you say you are looking forward to Sapp walking the plank. Meaning that he eventually will, implying that you know something we don't. Therefor you are Bullshitting us.


    If you could please do the same to show how I used bullshit to backup my statement that Shank should catch balls that hit him in the chest.

    Is the air thin up on your pp.o high horse?
    [/quote]

    Arguing with a moron isn't really that difficult.
    Let's go back to my statement and take a look at it:

    I'm looking forward to Sapp walking the plank.
    I usually don't go after guys when they're relatively new, but, in this case I make an exception to the rule.
    It's a relatively short statement and within the statement it says, "...I usually don't go after guys when they're relatively new, but, in this case I make an exception to the rule."

    Now, i flat out said it was an exception to the rule.
    I have plenty of posts that you can wade through to try to prove me wrong.
    I can effortlessly find posts from many people on this site that say retarded things that are backed up by fallacy.
    I don't play that game.
    [/quote]

    My skin is inpenetrable.
    You like your high horse comment?

    I simply pulled quotes out from singer's dredge of comments that people actually made.
    There is not a single word by me, just quotes from people and what they said.

    I find it humorous that your panties are in a bunch over something that you actually said, not me.

    Also, you still don't get it.
    I specificall stated that it is an exception to the rule in my case making an outlandish prediction about a young player.
    I stand by that, and there are 10s of thousands of my posts that prove I do not do that.
    Pretty simple really.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #43
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    Shiancoe has proven to me that he can be consistent.
    I didn't doubt him last year but was really frustrated with him earlier this season.
    He has really stepped his game up.
    Good job Shank.

  4. #44
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    "ejmat" wrote:
    Shiancoe has proven to me that he can be consistent.
    I didn't doubt him last year but was really frustrated with him earlier this season.
    He has really stepped his game up.
    Good job Shank.
    yeah, add me to the list of crow eaters... he's learned to catch the ball... finally!!.. that one he caught inbetween 3 people while getting hit was awesome!!.. i thought for sure he'd drop that one!!!

  5. #45
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    641

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    "Peterson08" wrote:
    Remember earlier in the season when we used to put all the blame on the Shank? Well , hes been playing some great football over the last couple of weeks,
    even good ball b4
    that. 136 yds and 2 tds today tells me he is bringing it hard
    and making himself a force. The way we used to put Shank down, lets put some of that blame on sIDNEY RICE. how are u a starting wr and not having any catches?Aint like he was going up against champ bailey and basically he is playing one on one with his man and he cant beat him. Until further notice, Rice is a bum. I put him and Cook in the same class. And by the way, Rice needs to catch some balls b4 we get to the red zone, he seems only to want it then for those jumpballs.
    One of the ONLY bright spots from yesterday's game.
    A STUD, in every sense of the word!!!
    Hope they lock this guy up for a long time.
    (Or is he, don't know contract status???)
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

  6. #46
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=49711.msg883218#msg883218 date=1229958708]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=49711.msg883214#msg883214 date=1229958576]
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=49711.msg883155#msg883155 date=1229955150]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=49711.msg883135#msg883135 date=1229952980]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49711.msg883102#msg883102 date=1229929794]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=49711.msg883098#msg883098 date=1229929634]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49711.msg883091#msg883091 date=1229929247]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=49711.msg883087#msg883087 date=1229928832]
    I think the Shank is overpaid and should be cut crowd is gone now
    I've definitely shut the hell up about it... but at the time, he was playing like crap.

    Oh yah, he was bugging me too

    I guess I usually roll with the "give them time" crowd
    I got upset about Shaincoe's playing when Jackson got benched... I blamed it on him pretty much.

    If he had caught that TD (against the Colts I think?), I don't think Jackson would have been benched.

    I think things have worked out nicely though... him and Jackson both were great today.
    That Shiancoe "Hate" thread started long before the Colts game.

    08/11/2008
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46996.0
    It's only fair to make a list of offenders:

    "Schutz" wrote:
    I believe the article should have been named "Viking's TE Shiancoe hopes new hands come in mail soon".
    "Garland" wrote:
    Was he ever "On track"
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I don't want to hear the word "tries," I just want him to do what a TE, that isn't one dimensional, is suppose to do.
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    We need a new TE. Period.
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ...That is the kind of increase that you would like to see from someone going from a reserve on one team to a starter on another team with a big pay increase.
    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    ....They are right here. Too many mistakes from a TE that signed a 18.5 million dollar contract. He's not worth it at all!!! >
    "C" wrote:
    He's just not a good TE... plain and simple.
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    ...Not sure where they saw his potential; I'm among the yutz's who didn't see it either.
    I was merely trying to represent their only possible argument...not sure why.
    And, for the record...I was quite adamant on this board pre-draft that we needed to address the TE position, just in case Shiancoe is as shitty this year as last
    ;D...and, yes, I think they made a bad hire.
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    ...You say we want him to run down the field, catch passes and hurdle like wiggy, where as most fans would settle with running down the field and catching passes. Which doesn't seem like were asking too much.
    "V" wrote:
    ...I expect drops. He simply is not that good. However, he does fit the scheme.
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ...One dimensional TE's are a dime a dozen.
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    ...If we wanted a pass catcher, we would have stuck with Wiggins.
    He was able to get open, and he caught a lot of balls, and sometimes he would hurdle someone for fun.
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    ....Most of the people defending Shank are saying that his mediocre ability is okay for our team.
    That's fine, but it doesn't help take him out of the wasted signing category.

    And its fine to keep the faith.
    Admirable even.
    Just not much of an argument.
    "C" wrote:
    I'd rather go into the season with Sauce and Mills...
    "V" wrote:
    ...If I'm a defense, I'm not worried about Shank at all.
    "V" wrote:
    ...I have no idea.
    I was puzzled over the signing on day one and still am.


    [/quote]
    Lol A list of offenders, who committed what offense? Pointing out the truth? Shank has made improvements, notice how no one is ripping on him now. How many of those same people gave him props when caught on fire as of late, I know I have?

    All those frustrated posters is a tell tale sign he turned his game around.

    You weren't even trying to defend him when people were posting such non-sense. So what are you trying to say? We were wrong and you weren't right, nananananana?

    [/quote]

    I typically don't make rash decisions on acquisitions and use bullshit to support them.
    I'm wiser than that.
    [/quote]

    Nope, sorry, you aren't you speculate just like the rest of us.

    I'm looking forward to Sapp walking the plank.
    I usually don't go after guys when they're relatively new, but, in this case I make an exception to the rule.
    mmm smells like a heaping pile of that grade A bullshit to me.
    [/quote]

    Not if you can read and comprehend a statement.
    [/quote]

    Well you say you are looking forward to Sapp walking the plank. Meaning that he eventually will, implying that you know something we don't. Therefor you are Bullshitting us.


    If you could please do the same to show how I used bullshit to backup my statement that Shank should catch balls that hit him in the chest.

    Is the air thin up on your pp.o high horse?
    [/quote]

    Arguing with a moron isn't really that difficult.
    Let's go back to my statement and take a look at it:

    I'm looking forward to Sapp walking the plank.
    I usually don't go after guys when they're relatively new, but, in this case I make an exception to the rule.
    It's a relatively short statement and within the statement it says, "...I usually don't go after guys when they're relatively new, but, in this case I make an exception to the rule."

    Now, i flat out said it was an exception to the rule.
    I have plenty of posts that you can wade through to try to prove me wrong.
    I can effortlessly find posts from many people on this site that say retarded things that are backed up by fallacy.
    I don't play that game.
    [/quote]

    My skin is inpenetrable.
    You like your high horse comment?

    I simply pulled quotes out from singer's dredge of comments that people actually made.
    There is not a single word by me, just quotes from people and what they said.

    I find it humorous that your panties are in a bunch over something that you actually said, not me.

    Also, you still don't get it.
    I specificall stated that it is an exception to the rule in my case making an outlandish prediction about a young player.
    I stand by that, and there are 10s of thousands of my posts that prove I do not do that.
    Pretty simple really.

    [/quote]

    Your skin isn't impenetrable, I know that because I had you going. You called me a Moron...
    ;D

    What got me going was the wall of quotes of people that bad mouthed Shank. Considering he wasn't playing well at the time and he is now, to point that out is just trying to stir the pot. If that was Singer than my original post was for him.

    Worst of it is we were called 'Shank haters'. I don't hate anyone that wears viking purple (with the exception of big TW.) I simply hate that our players under perform, which shank was doing at the time. I don't feel I should be labeled as someone who hates our TE because I said he should catch the balls that hit him. Trust me no one is happier than me that he turned it around.

    Why not wall of quote everyone, who in hindsight was wrong, or outlandish. We could have lists of 100s with Cedric and TJ threads.

    We are all wrong occasionally and to be put on a list of haters because of what was said in the past doesn't hold much value. Our list of TJ hate would look pretty sad at this point wouldn't it? This site is made for discussing football, not being right. The day I stop wanting to discuss football here is the day I leave.

  7. #47
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "Peterson08" wrote:
    Remember earlier in the season when we used to put all the blame on the Shank? Well , hes been playing some great football over the last couple of weeks,
    even good ball b4
    that. 136 yds and 2 tds today tells me he is bringing it hard
    and making himself a force. The way we used to put Shank down, lets put some of that blame on sIDNEY RICE. how are u a starting wr and not having any catches?Aint like he was going up against champ bailey and basically he is playing one on one with his man and he cant beat him. Until further notice, Rice is a bum. I put him and Cook in the same class. And by the way, Rice needs to catch some balls b4 we get to the red zone, he seems only to want it then for those jumpballs.
    One of the ONLY bright spots from yesterday's game.

    A STUD, in every sense of the word!!!
    Hope they lock this guy up for a long time.
    (Or is he, don't know contract status???)
    i thinks shank is locked up for atleast two years... and i also am not sure of whether it's rice/BB or just TJ not even looking at his receivers... it's not like he targeted them much the entire game.. that's a problem... you have to get thrown to in order to catch the ball!!

  8. #48
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "Peterson08" wrote:
    Remember earlier in the season when we used to put all the blame on the Shank? Well , hes been playing some great football over the last couple of weeks,
    even good ball b4
    that. 136 yds and 2 tds today tells me he is bringing it hard
    and making himself a force. The way we used to put Shank down, lets put some of that blame on sIDNEY RICE. how are u a starting wr and not having any catches?Aint like he was going up against champ bailey and basically he is playing one on one with his man and he cant beat him. Until further notice, Rice is a bum. I put him and Cook in the same class. And by the way, Rice needs to catch some balls b4 we get to the red zone, he seems only to want it then for those jumpballs.
    One of the ONLY bright spots from yesterday's game.

    A STUD, in every sense of the word!!!
    Hope they lock this guy up for a long time.
    (Or is he, don't know contract status???)
    i thinks shank is locked up for atleast two years... and i also am not sure of whether it's rice/BB or just TJ not even looking at his receivers... it's not like he targeted them much the entire game.. that's a problem... you have to get thrown to in order to catch the ball!!
    He signed a 5 year 18.2 M contract. So 3 years.

  9. #49
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Shankster is emerging

    "Prophet" wrote:

    My skin is impenetrable.


    At least you still have your ass.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Rice emerging in 3rd year for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 12:00 PM
  2. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 08:04 AM
  3. Minnesota Vikings Tickets - See An Emerging NFL Power
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 05:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •