Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    TheViking is offline Rookie

Re: Serious Viking issue here, everybody please read!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The fact of the matter is this. They know what we are going to run, they have mounds of film. Football is football. By the time they translate the play with their secret decoder ring and relay it to the defense it would be three plays too late.

COMMON SENSE, would tell you that this is ridiculous. In order for this "cheat" to be effective you would have to require your team to learn another teams plays during practice, not just the basics, actually learn gap assignments and the whole deal. You would then need to make your own code that is short enough to get the right information relayed to the defense before the offense snapped the ball, and have them KNOW it. You would have to prepare for that EVERY week. In order for you to be able to stop the play you would pretty much need your entire defense to know what is going on. A lot of the time the D line is already set on the line before the huddle is broke, so you would have to have your LB relay the information to the line in like 2 seconds. It's just not practical at all.

Frankly teams have better things to do with their time. When I played ball if my coach was covering his head set it was to keep outside noise from getting in the mic. We had very complex play calling, and they changed game to game, because our playbook was so big we would just take specific plays from different sections to make a game plan. No way in hell would it have been possible. And your talking Wooster here.

The closest thing even logical is an opponent keying in on your cadence. Even calling it out ahead of time trying to draw you offsides. That happened but that is a totally minimal undertaking compared to what you are suggesting.

To all those who believe it more power to you.
    I guess he forget about or chose to ignore this post by Del Rio!
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid for you, Top Speed. You don't know what you're getting into...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Prophet Guest

I understood what del rio was saying, just because I was confused about what you were saying too.

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    Rio

Forget the fact of my size and about you you shipped bigger ones. Childness stuff, a dating site does much better than that.
    Not quite sure what that means, but I think it means that you don't want to argue about how big you are in relation to him. A dating site must do a better job of describing your attributes??

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    What about the issues.

Are you going to make the call, you'll get laughed out more than what you say I am for this post!
    This is a tough one. I have no idea what that means.

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    Balls? I think (know) not. Read the post again.
    Again, I have no idea what that means.

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    Dude I don't want to beat you up. Your probably an Ok guy, you just like to argue and I'm just throwing it back. It's all good in the purple hood.
    I can understand that statement. You both just like to give each other a tough time and there are no problems. Argue away.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I have no idea what you just tried to say to me.

Something about your size, childness, balls, a purple hood, and me being an ok guy.

Do I need to hire a lip reader to go over there and decode this?
    I don't see him being an asshole in those comebacks. I truly think he was trying to understand what you were trying to say. The last sentence is obviously a joke that refers back to the original post.

I'm not trying to pick sides here, just wondering where you are coming from Top_Speed. I don't think your point was as cleary expressed as you would like to believe it was.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    It's kaka del toro.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.

Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.

You can basically determine the play by the name of it.

They'd call the formation first then the play, and then the count.

Por ejemplo:

I right 24 Iso, on 2.

Thats a run to the right no questions asked.

another thing could be like.

Pro right 60 Slant on 1.

Thats a pass for sure.

When you see a team with the wristbands with plays written on a card in them(which we don't have, which would make knowing our plays before they're ran very very easy.) are impossible to figure out before the snap.

They have atleast 100 plays per week on those sheets all numbered. Like If they were to call play #5 on the sheet it could be any play in their play book.

I could believe these accusations, especially with how bad we've been shut down.

But I wouldn't count on it.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

It is truly sad to me that someone with a valid premise gets shot down for nothing more than ego. I also noticed our staff doesn't cover their lips this week (this is no exuse for not winning, but that has been ignored numerous times) ...and I can remember the first one I saw do that. None other then Mr. Chuckie Gruden. Back in the was it 90's everyone got a laugh out of it. Now everyone does it. To me its not hard to figure, and I think the abuse was excessive and very undeserved. But that's my opinion. We bash Vikes fans now, cause we are outta GBfans?

Del Rio Guest

"Top_Speed" wrote:

I have no idea what you just tried to say to me.

Something about your size, childness, balls, a purple hood, and me being an ok guy.

Do I need to hire a lip reader to go over there and decode this?
    Rio Dude,
    You can't win, your childness remarks sometimes may be funny, I even smile at them (but then I like the man show and laugh at that "show" too!) Say what you will but if you can't face the facts (all you can do is make fun of clear and difinitive statments?) your a waste of my time and sadly anyone else who has been daring enough to go thru this . My 9 year old son has a better grasp on communicating (reading and understand what they have read in relationship to a response) respect and can at least answer the facts WHICH YO CAN'T! Anyone can simply make fun of anything, that's the easy way out.

My case is closed with you. You said you can ship bigger turds than me? You know I believe that 100% becuase your the biggest a-hole I have ever had a post with even in technical-guru forum sites that I frequent ( I know... "why don't you go back there, right? Your easy to figure out. Too easy. Now make fun of that and you will even look like a bigger fool than you already have presented yourself to be. I know you will Go Ahead... were waiting the next "make fun of statement" because that's all you got. Now I know you didn't get any of this, you should make a comment like...

What was this now, son, man show, turds? What are trying to say?
    Well Rio, take reading 101 or better yet just forget it. Sorry for you personally.

End of round 3! lol
    ...9 more to go! Just kidding, I'm done with this.
    Your the dumbass that blew this out of porportion so stop your whining. I honestly for the life of me had no idea what the hell you were trying to say, is it my fault that you can't convey a coherent thought?

You have no idea how much I really don't give a shit about your opinion on me being an a-hole, or anything else for that matter. Since I got so much shit from the few people on here that rarely post but feel threatened enough to take shots at me for no god damn reason lets recap without flames so people can realize just what a fucking fruit cake you really are. This will be my only attempt to rationalize with the local hermits who have issues with me because frankly it's useless.

End Flames-Begin Discussion.

My very first post on this thread:

It's kaka del toro.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.

Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.

What's the worst thing I said? MAYBE the fact that I was saying this is a bad excuse for losing, which you later clarified that was not your intent. Ok great if you felt like this post was an attack I apologize, but to me it clearly isn't.

My next post:

This is hysterical.

If you take the time to read up above you had people saying things like "I believe in Santa Clause. That was Webby actually there were some other LIGHT HEARTED jokes in there. That is what is hysterical.

My third post on this lovely peach:

The fact of the matter is this. They know what we are going to run, they have mounds of film. Football is football. By the time they translate the play with their secret decoder ring and relay it to the defense it would be three plays too late.

COMMON SENSE, would tell you that this is ridiculous. In order for this "cheat" to be effective you would have to require your team to learn another teams plays during practice, not just the basics, actually learn gap assignments and the whole deal. You would then need to make your own code that is short enough to get the right information relayed to the defense before the offense snapped the ball, and have them KNOW it. You would have to prepare for that EVERY week. In order for you to be able to stop the play you would pretty much need your entire defense to know what is going on. A lot of the time the D line is already set on the line before the huddle is broke, so you would have to have your LB relay the information to the line in like 2 seconds. It's just not practical at all.

Frankly teams have better things to do with their time. When I played ball if my coach was covering his head set it was to keep outside noise from getting in the mic. We had very complex play calling, and they changed game to game, because our playbook was so big we would just take specific plays from different sections to make a game plan. No way in hell would it have been possible. And your talking Wooster here.

The closest thing even logical is an opponent keying in on your cadence. Even calling it out ahead of time trying to draw you offsides. That happened but that is a totally minimal undertaking compared to what you are suggesting.

To all those who believe it more power to you.

Wow talk about epic cutdowns and personal attacks. The guy had said three times if you don't buy what he is selling you are lacking common sense so I *GASP* Capitalized common sense. At this point it is pretty obvious I do not believe this for a minute. Yet I give some reasons why I think it is bull shit. Not aggressive reasons, logical reasons. He managed to squeeze in some of 3A college proof and where I played it was not the case, nothing bad or personal there. Just information. Finally I end with If you believe it more power to you.

Basically that was look, I don't buy into it, but if you do good for you.

And then I get this in response:
    OK why don't you call all the NFL other teams and tell them what they are doing (by consealing the play verbally) is rediculus? I'm sure your words will be "content worthy" to them. This week I'm sure I will see no play sheets hiding their lips, right? You are a rediculus (and stubborn) person. You may not like me, that's fine. The only verbal usage I have gotten from you so far has been null. Your pic is nice however, not intimidating to me however. I'm 6-4 245lbs, I think that pic would better suite me

He avoided the conversation, he turned to me, instead of adding something productive to his argument he started focusing on me. I see that as a personal attack. I don't piss and moan about like a lot of people on here I just dish it back so it began.

Then I get the local hermits who have obvisously had issues with me for a while chiming in obviously without reading the first 4 pages and trying to hurt my little feelings. This is nothing new and really I don't care. I actually find it pretty god damn funny.

The problem is with a lot of people you don't read the prelude to what happened, if you do you are doing it with biased feelings against me which is fine. I just want people who can comprehend what they read to understand.

Now I am taking the Caine route on this normally I would fling shit and try to come up with witty comebacks.

"Forget the fact of my size and about you you shipped bigger ones. Childness stuff, a dating site does much better than that.

What about the issues.

Are you going to make the call, you'll get laughed out more than what you say I am for this post!

Balls? I think (know) not. Read the post again.

Dude I don't want to beat you up. Your probably an Ok guy, you just like to argue and I'm just throwing it back. It's all good in the purple hood."

If you can translate this you are better then I. I was lost at this point.

"You can't win, your childness remarks sometimes may be funny, I even smile at them (but then I like the man show and laugh at that "show" too!) Say what you will but if you can't face the facts [size=18px][size=24px](all you can do is make fun of clear and difinitive statments[/size][/size]?) your a waste of my time and sadly anyone else who has been daring enough to go thru this . My 9 year old son has a better grasp on communicating (reading and understand what they have read in relationship to a response) respect and can at least answer the facts WHICH YO CAN'T! Anyone can simply make fun of anything, that's the easy way out.

My case is closed with you. You said you can ship bigger turds than me? You know I believe that 100% becuase your the biggest a-hole I have ever had a post with even in technical-guru forum sites that I frequent ( I know... "why don't you go back there, right? Your easy to figure out. Too easy. Now make fun of that and you will even look like a bigger fool than you already have presented yourself to be. I know you will Go Ahead... were waiting the next "make fun of statement" because that's all you got. Now I know you didn't get any of this, you should make a comment like...

What was this now, son, man show, turds? What are trying to say?
    Well Rio, take reading 101 or better yet just forget it. Sorry for you personally.

End of round 3! lol
    ...9 more to go! Just kidding, I'm done with this
    "

Top-Speed, your the person who decided you needed to go away from the subject and make it personal. I am absolutely serious when I say your retorts are horrible.

Finally to everyone here who wanted to see me verbally abuse this guy, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I apologize. I wouldn't know where to begin. After his last post there was just too damn much to work with. And like I said the secret underground was amassing without the facts as usual to throw fuel on the fire.

I'm glad your done with this Top-Speed. It's been a blast.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

I think we should all take a moment of silence as the challenger TOP_speed is laid to rest...................... :salute: It was over before it began....................

Del Rio Guest

On a side note:

A) The comeback about you believing me about being able to take bigger shits then you because I'm the biggest A-hole you know. I laughed my ass off that was a good one. I appreciate that :grin:

B) I never intended this to get into a pissing contest, I tried to say that above by pointing out I was attacking the theory not the person delivering it, until the subject got turned to me somehow.

Publilcly, if you felt I was attacking you I honestly apologize. I'm not buying what you are selling. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think your an idiot for posting what you think. I just don't believe it. That is all.

Prophet Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    Hypothesis: Stealing plays has led to the 0-2 start for the Vikings

Person A's Assumptions:

A) Most coaches cover their faces when calling plays.

B) Tice does not cover his face when calling plays

Conclusion: The problem is people are stealing the Vikings plays causing them to lose.

Person B's Assumptions:

A) Play calling/codes are complex.

B) Opposing team would need to learn their own schemes plus the other teams' plays and execute them.

C) Time is limited between plays.

Conclusion: The theory does not hold up.
    Early on in this thread I laid out the argument with no comments of my own. Read option A and option B and make your own conclusion. It appears to me people fall into one of the two groups. To me, the more logical conclusion is option b (but, just in case, cover up your trap Tice!). :grin:

6-KINGS Guest

TopSeed I warned ya.
    Del Rio is one freakin sharp cookie.
    He is smart, knowledgeable and quick with wit.
    To tangle on a personnel level with him is a huge task.

You must read everything he writes and read between the lines with Del.
    He will set you up just to chop your ass down.
    Despite what you may think Del is a great guy with a huge heart of gold.
    If you go for the jugular on him, you will pay big time.

Now Del will debate anyone but you had better get your facts and argument straight before entering the ring with him.
    Humor goes a long way with Del and can temper his response.
    But to to go full throttle on at him like you did is fruitless.

Like my Pappy always says, you can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

I suggest you extend the olive branch and patch this up.
    I should know I have done the same thing here on several occasions.
    Remember you only hurt your standing here.
    Del is a cornerstone member. He sits in one of the BIG chairs.
    And that is just the way it is.

6-KINGS

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast