Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

Serious Viking issue here, everybody please read!

Hi fellow purple fans,

I hope this imortant issue gets addressed, please pass this onto someone who can prevent what this is dealing with (I'm in NY State and have no connections other than this site!)

I have a friend in Sarasota FL (big TB fan) and he said that a leak in the local news media (who was quickly shut up by the way) was said to say that the Bucs may have stole our play calls or at least the terms of such. Not sure offensive or defensive but after a terrible nights sleep I called and him asked more.

It is (specualtion) that they may have (i know this sounds weird at first) lip read from not only our field coaches and players sending in plays but booth personel as well.

NOW... after hearing this I have noticed in the Cincy game that our coaches just talk openly. I can see it on TV even! If I could read lips I'm telling ya I could tell you what they were saying verbatum.

Is this the reason why other coaches are so adimate about covering their mouths, even folding around the play sheet almost 180 degrees???

If this is true, why the Hell doesn't our (total staff) protect in the ways other teams do with play call sheets folded around their mouths??? Do we want them to know what we are going to run cuz were that good?? I'm totally frazzled and dazzled by this and hope some media (or better yet Vikig admin or coaches) in the twin cities gets a hold of this and we start "a new world order" but without telling anybody what were going to do.

Please say something, this has been bugging the heck out of me ever since I found this info out and watched the Cincy game and totally understood that this was a matter that needs to be addressed. Coach Mike can you hear me? I hope so.

Please!

KJ (Geneva NY)
    Home Sweet Dome...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Serious Viking issue here, everybody please read!

Never heard these allegations before, but I gues you never know, it could be true. I'm not going to start blaming us looking like sh!t on this stuff though.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

It's Bullshit.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.

Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Hey man, good post, I live here in New Port Richey, about 30 minutes outside of tampa. If there is any truth to this then wow this is crazy. Its a given for coaches to cover thier mouths, cuz its a proven fact teams hire lip readers to discover plays. This is pretty wild info.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

:shock:

I believe in Santa Claus.

You can bet Chris Hovan told all!
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Whose Santa Claus?? lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"DesertPurple" wrote:
    You can bet Chris Hovan told all!
    Maybe Hovan is good at reading lips. He's pretty pathetic at everything else.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

man, everytime we get our buts handed to us its always because the other team knows our plays somehow....

What is up with this.

NY game 41 - 0

Reporter says Giants could hear our play calling over the radio system that we use. A Giants coach confirms this after the game and then denies it a day later.

TB game 24 - 13

TB was reading our coaching staffs lips calling plays.

Cin game 38 - 8

Someone was saying they knew what we were calling. I wish I would have posted the article but I figured it was just another conspiracy theory and wasnt worth the time.

I think its just an attempt to come to grips with an ass kicking. But who knows, maybe we are tipping our hat. I tend not to beleive it though.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

That is why all of the coaches cover their lips though. Belichick evidently is wicked paranoid about that stuff. I don't see how it's possible for the first game though, because our play calls are (probably) going to be at least a little different from last years and the best way to do that would be to read the lips, look at the film, and then put the two together, which is virtually impossible in the first game.

Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast