Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sell out or Hold Out

Been seeing lots of comments about selling Peterson, Allen, etc off and getting some new talent in to grow the team, and suck it up for a year or two in rebuilding mode.

Thoughts?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Been seeing lots of comments about selling Peterson, Allen, etc off and getting some new talent in to grow the team, and suck it up for a year or two in rebuilding mode.

Thoughts?
    no thank-you.

If we lose Peterson and Allen, we are by far the worst team in football. Allen is a guy we gave up alot for, and Peterson gives us our only spark of respectability. Not sure about everyone else, but I watch games for entertainment. Last night was not entertaining. Get ready for a season of last night if we do that. And with the Stadium situation as it is, there might not be a year or two to rebuild.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Time to make revenge of the Herschel Walker trade.....jk.

I know it si crazy and wont happen but what would you accept for Peterson? A proven QB,a couple of OL and 2 first rounders
    El underdog.

Won't happen. Those two are the only reason right now to be watching the vikes other than if you were a sadomasochist.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

Thoughts?
    I was saying it in the off season because I predicted we would be down on talent for a few years due to our lack of depth, squandering picks for several years and missing on too many late rounders coupled with a looming salary cap issue that would leave us with no room to sign FA and the fact that we will be losing quite a few of our older players to FA and old age over the next few years.

While I do think if we hired a real GM and let him put together a top notch FO we could get competitive for a year or 2 with the vets that we have, any hopes of assembling a young core of players that could contend over a long period of time will take time and picks and if that is what we want, the best thing we could do is trade off some of our best horses and reloading with draft picks.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I really don't think thab a good idea. You can't rebuild a team when you have nothing left to build around. Don't jettison your few bright spots for what amounts to a gigantic gamble.

On a side note (Marrdroese), how many teams are actually in a position to pick up Peterson's contract right now?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Honestly, I don't trust the current regimine to draft anybody worth a darn. If we had proven drafters like a Ted Thompson up in GB, then maybe it makes sense... but with Spielman up there who arguably has drafted 5 or 6 solid players in 5 years makes me question why he isnt' on the hot seat right now.... I say get rid of the entire Front Office and coaching staff and start over... Fischer? Cower? Gruden? Reid? these goons are ridiculous...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Personally I am not feeling that there is any competence from the owner on down. To be fair Wilf has certainly spent a lot of money to assemble the team and the staff when Childress was here, but he has not shown that he has a good handle on what it takes to get the most out of that investment.

I have had the position since Chilly's second year and still maintain that Ziggy needs to turn over the job to a real GM and while I was not opposed to even letting Spielman have that title earlier but the way things are going right now I really don't think he is ready to do the job.

Until we do address the structure and the staff at the top of the organization there is really nothing that will happen at the bottom of the roster that will lead to anything worth watching.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    I would trade Peterson. Get some picks, a good player, and stop trying to build around a running back. Gerhart is not a bad running back (he is no 3rd down back) and you sign or draft a scat back to pair with him.

I just don't see what makes Peterson THAT valuable. I am not saying he isn't good but salary/production he is no more special than the other top running backs in the league. Too much money invested in him when it could be spent on other positions.

That's my opinion anyway.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We will not, and I repeat: NOT

get what we think AP is worth.

A 5 year power RB won't get more than a first rounder. He's just not that valuable pick-wise. Another 3 years maybe at a high level then decline.

We'd never get a herschel-walker -type deal, only the Vikings could fuck something up that bad.

I'd accept maybe two firsts, two seconds, and a servicable RB, but we'd never get that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast