Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    We really need a Warpig. Marr was right. Since Phat Pat has been gone... Qb time in the pocket is killing us...and no one is scared to run on us.

  2. #12
    smegmavike is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We really need a Warpig. Marr was right. Since Phat Pat has been gone... Qb time in the pocket is killing us...and no one is scared to run on us.
    I would settle for a Randle, Millard, or young Kevin Williams type pass rushing tackle, but they seem to have their best success next to a warpig type tackle, such as Henry Thomas and Pat Williams.
    Not to derail the the thread, but a corner like Cook can help the Defensive line a bit, but penetration by a tackle can help the entire secondary. We already have the ends, we just need a tackle to step up.
    As far as stopping the run, we couldn't stop Bush last year, not sure how we will stop him this year.

  3. #13
    VikeCane305's Avatar
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    97
    Yes, Chris Cook can be great. If he can stay out of trouble off the field, then he can become a better player on the field. Best cover CB we have other than Winfield.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

  4. #14
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I would settle for a Randle, Millard, or young Kevin Williams type pass rushing tackle, but they seem to have their best success next to a warpig type tackle, such as Henry Thomas and Pat Williams.
    Not to derail the the thread, but a corner like Cook can help the Defensive line a bit, but penetration by a tackle can help the entire secondary. We already have the ends, we just need a tackle to step up.
    As far as stopping the run, we couldn't stop Bush last year, not sure how we will stop him this year.
    We struggled stopping damn near everyone last year. Though Michael Bush is the least of our concerns this season.

  5. #15
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cook was real good last season but all teams had to do was flip their best receiver over on Griffin's side of the field and light us up.

  6. #16
    VikeCane305's Avatar
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Cook was real good last season but all teams had to do was flip their best receiver over on Griffin's side of the field and light us up.
    Hopefully, the rookie CB Robinson can be the fill we need on the other side of Cook this year, because Winfield will be in the slot in Nickel Packages.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

  7. #17
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    Hopefully, the rookie CB Robinson can be the fill we need on the other side of Cook this year, because Winfield will be in the slot in Nickel Packages.
    I think anyone who thinks that Winfield is not going to be out there as the No. 2 in standard defenses is SORELY mistaken.

    It seems very likely that Frazier intends to go with Cook and Winfield at the No. 1 and No. 2 spots. They will definitely move Winfield around when there are three and four WR sets out there. But he not just see the field in nickel packages.

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    We struggled stopping damn near everyone last year.
    I don't think they struggled last year. It looked like they sucked with ease.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I think anyone who thinks that Winfield is not going to be out there as the No. 2 in standard defenses is SORELY mistaken.

    It seems very likely that Frazier intends to go with Cook and Winfield at the No. 1 and No. 2 spots. They will definitely move Winfield around when there are three and four WR sets out there. But he not just see the field in nickel packages.
    While I agree with you, I also think Winfield is in the twilight of his career. Moving him back to nickle isn't completely out of the question, although I don't know if we have the talent to make the move yet this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,841
    My gut guess is Winny and Cook too. Then, Winny moves to nickel when Robinson/Carr/Bowman come in...most likely Carr to start, to give the rook a bit more time to soak it all in? And, I think Brinkley goes out since Erin Henderson has some experience calling the plays and is way better in coverage than Brinkley...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •