Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Secret of Robison's Success

Go B-Rob!!!
    We just may end up with a pretty decent pass rush after all...not from our first rounders, but from a pair of mid rounders who have a whole lot more WANT then the guys taken higher!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I've been praising him since before the draft.

I've been following his track and field career for quite some time, so I knew him from that. He's really explosive, explosive enough to propel a 16pound ball of steel nearly 70 feet.

I'm pumped to see him on passing downs gunning for the QB.

The farthest I EVER threw was around 45 feet in high school, and I thought I was MF Hercules after that!

Robison is a complete 100% amazing pick up in the draft.
    As soon as I read all the things scouts and former coaches were saying, I knew we made a hell of a pickup when we traded up for him.
    I'm lucky if I can throw it far enough to prevent breaking my toes.
    Thats a heck of a throw.

I'd only try something like that now if I was drunk and Wildwoman keeps on eye on me so that my toes stay safe.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Mr" wrote:

I've been following his track and field career for quite some time, so I knew him from that. He's really explosive, explosive enough to propel a 16pound ball of steel nearly 70 feet.

That combination of light weight speed with explosive strength has me stoked as well. And I don't think it will take 2 to 3 years to shine. This guy is hungry!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

That combination of light weight speed with explosive strength has me stoked as well. And I don't think it will take 2 to 3 years to shine. This guy is hungry!
    Well then, let's feed him some opposing QBs!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm excited about him too.
    Third downs on D are going to be a lot more exiting with him in the mix.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

With Robison's success and James coming back I am really getting excited about this defense. I think keeping guys fresh by subbing them in and out is going to be very successful for the vikings.

Frazier also indicated today that defensive end Erasmus James will probably suit up and play against the Seahawks on Saturday. James missed most of the 2006 season with a knee injury. This will be James' first pre-season appearance.
    sweeeeeeet! I can't wait to see what he can do.

douginc is offline Starter

"Mr" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

The farthest I EVER threw was around 45 feet in high school, and I thought I was MF Hercules after that!

Robison is a complete 100% amazing pick up in the draft.
    As soon as I read all the things scouts and former coaches were saying, I knew we made a hell of a pickup when we traded up for him.
    And in HS its a 12 pound shot.

I threw about 50 feet, btw.
    Uh, in my small town where I lived in Iowa, we used whatever we had on hand for our track and field.
    The ball was ancient (probably made by the Mayans) and it weighed probably around only 10 lbs. or less.
    So, 50 ft. at 12 pounds is amazing.
    70 feet at 16
    seems damn near unreal.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I was guessing it was calgon. Now it looks like this guy is gonna be the absolute steal of all our picks.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    With Robison's success and James coming back I am really getting excited about this defense. I think keeping guys fresh by subbing them in and out is going to be very successful for the vikings.

Frazier also indicated today that defensive end Erasmus James will probably suit up and play against the Seahawks on Saturday. James missed most of the 2006 season with a knee injury. This will be James' first pre-season appearance.
    Hmmmmmmm, did we forget someone else who will/should factor into this discussion?
    :

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Hmmmmmmm, did we forget someone else who will/should factor into this discussion?
    :

Isn't that the beauty of this thing. You have a rotation of beasts at defensive end this year. One injury should not be near as detrimental as it appeared to be, last year.
    We all miss the great Viking pass rushers of the past. I'm not saying anyone is great yet. But I'm confident we will see some pressure on the opposing QB's this year.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast