Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Evans? LOL! He hasn't started a game since 2008 & even then he only started 2 games.
    Which further proves my point. It's obvious he's not going to turn into anything. He's a below average backup as it is, time to cut ties and try something else. Worst case, we find another fred evans. Best case, we get a young guy with potential who turns into a great player.
    There is nothing wrong with Fred Evans. He is an above average backup. Damn I think this is the first time we disagree.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Fred Evans. He is an above average backup. Damn I think this is the first time we disagree.
    From the guy who says our DL is fine as it slowly degrades to nothing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    From the guy who says our DL is fine as it slowly degrades to nothing.
    Well the staff agrees with me every year soooooooooooooooo I guess that makes me smarter than you.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Lets mark it down then. Fred evans would not be a #2 player at his position on 60% of the teams in this league.

I just don't like him, he's not that talented, doesn't have much upside, He won't be a starter going forward. Why not try and take a risk on a kid who can do as good, if not better than evans.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Lets mark it down then. Fred evans would not be a #2 player at his position on 60% of the teams in this league.

I just don't like him, he's not that talented, doesn't have much upside, He won't be a starter going forward. Why not try and take a risk on a kid who can do as good, if not better than evans.
    I am sorry but i really dont have a clue about #2 DEs on other teams nor do i really care but what can we do now. He is a backup and does a fine job when he comes in. Nobody said he would be a starter. Do any #2s even really become starters. Probably not. Take a risk when? Now when the season starts? That is for the draft and training camp. We can address that after the season.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Seriously I am not convinced that this is so much the talent but the coaching and scouting. Looking at the preseason and how bad the secondary looked and then looking back over 10 years I cannot blame all of the ineptitude we have had on just the players.
    Amen to that!!... We were a very poorly coached team last year... This year, i don't think it will get much better... Either way, if this season is anything like last year... I'll be kicking myself for wanting to get rid of Childress when it comes to Frazier.

NoCalOnline is offline Waterboy

it's a start

Smith will b the only guy starting this year and next in this secondary. Stop gaps. The scheme helps a bit but in a true cover two, average QBs can throw short and medium lasers over the middle all day getting in a rhythm and playing keep away. Frazier says he's planning more man to man blitz schemes. That will help if they pick the right spots to do it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123