Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IA Vikefan is offline Waterboy

Secondary/Corners/Safeties vs. Jax

Looks like Josh Robinson and Mistral Raymond were back at practice. I'm actually cool with the starting corners being Cook, Winfield, and Robinson. Also, if Sherels doesn't make it this week, Robinson could return punts... and I'm SUPER ok with that, because Sherels sucked at punt returns last year, and I saw absolutely nothing in preseason that would suggest this is going to change. Robinson at least has the speed to make something out of nothing.

Also, expecting big things out of Harrison Smith. What do you guys think on the CB's, punt return job, and Smith?
    SKOL!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    After Griffen's career was ruined on special teams, I hate to see any key young player out there. Leave the ST's for the backups.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The depth chart on Vikings.com has Cook and Winfield starting at corner, with either Robinson or Burton at Nickle, although that could change depending on how quickly Jefferson can pick up the Cover 2 scheme. Right now, I don't think it makes a lot of difference who is in at nickle, but that can change.

They also have Sanford and Raymond penciled in as starting safeties, but I am 99% sure that will change by game day. Sanford is just so, so bad. Smith played well in preseason and I am looking forward to seeing him play.

As far as matching up against the Jax WRs, I think we have a favorable match up. Jacksonville is one of the only teams whose WR corps looks worse than ours. Robinson (WR) is pretty speedy, and does pose a deep threat, but it is contingent on Gabbart getting the ball to him accurately, something I haven't seen him do yet this season. Blackmon is obviously a force, and he played well against the Saints and the Ravens. I am hoping the pressure of his first NFL regular season game knocks him down a bit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Secondary/Corners/Safeties vs. Jax

I was stunned when Sanford was shown ahead of Smith on the depth chart.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I was stunned when Sanford was shown ahead of Smith on the depth chart.
    Agreed. There is no way in hell that he is starting over Smith on Sunday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Agreed. There is no way in hell that he is starting over Smith on Sunday.
    He might start, if anything to tell Smith that his position isn't guaranteed and he has to work for it. I don't know too much about the kid, and don't know that work ethic is an issue, but it's not a terrible idea. I'd expect to see him in alot on Sunday, starting or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    He might start, if anything to tell Smith that his position isn't guaranteed and he has to work for it. I don't know too much about the kid, and don't know that work ethic is an issue, but it's not a terrible idea. I'd expect to see him in alot on Sunday, starting or not.
    If Sanford wasn't SO HORRIBLE I could see that. But putting Sanford in, even for a series, is a liability when they have Blackmon.

Sanford is, IMHO, the worst player on our 53 man roster.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    If Sanford wasn't SO HORRIBLE I could see that. But putting Sanford in, even for a series, is a liability when they have Blackmon.

Sanford is, IMHO, the worst player on our 53 man roster.
    I don't disagree... but we're talking about a team that insisted on starting players like Cook, Tahi, Evans(re-signed), TJ, Sanford, Asher Allen, etc.

I wouldn't put anything past them.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I don't see the secondary as a unit that is going to be close to NFL quality this year. Hopefully they prove me wrong but I haven't seen anything from them that tells me they will be able to stop anyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I don't disagree... but we're talking about a team that insisted on starting players like Cook, Tahi, Evans(re-signed), TJ, Sanford, Asher Allen, etc.

I wouldn't put anything past them.
    I would leave Chris Cook off that list. I was impressed with how he was playing before he got into legal trouble...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast