Thread: Secondary!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Secondary!

Who needs to go who needs to stay?

Brian Williams- I think we need to keep him, hes not a speedster by all means, sometimes he gets beat but the bottom line is he's there to make the tackle ever time, very rarly does he get totaly blown out. I think he would make a great saftey. He's got 3 years of covering WR's. He's a hard hitter, he's got a good attitude, hes got a good head, he keeps his cool. He's a hard hitter who knows how to play zone coverage, and a good tackler. Move him to saftey and he becomes a much better ball player.

Antione Winfield- The only guy that can hold this secondary together, he's a vital part of our defense and will be for years to come.

Brian Russell- As much as i hear people dogging him, i like him, he fills his gaps in the running game, he takes good angles and hes good in coverage. You can say he misses tackles this and that but he's young and getting better. I think hes a smart player, maybe somewhat incosistant. Maybe better suited as a back up.

Corey Chavous- A bust, not much to say but he looks totaly lost, he's supposed to be the defensive leader but first you must make plays to be an afective leader. He blows more assignments than russell and he's supposed to be a walking dictionary. I like him as a person but if he doesnt snap out of it, What are we to do? I think maybe he tries to do to much, he puts to much pressure on himself. Last year he wasnt expected to be a pro bowler, now he's got expectations to live up to. I'm dissapointed but maybe he can rebound.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Secondary!

If we can find another shutdown corner and move BWill to safety, we could have a pretty good secondary...I must agree wholeheartedly with your assessment, stw!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Secondary!

If we did move B Will to saftey it wouldn't be a bran new position for him, he had a team high 140 tackles as a sophmore in college. Then he was moved to CB.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Secondary!

SOLD!!! Now all we need is his replacement...I nominate Antrel Rolle...if only we could somehow trade up to get him!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Secondary!

I really do not like Russell anymore. I watched some of his plays and sloppy tackles. I think we could move him and Chavous (former Pro Bowl SS???) and get some guys who want to play hard!

Secondary!

Rolle would be a great addition, he's a victous tackler, sorta like winfield, i like him, he drives through his tackles and he has good size. GOD I LOVE THE DRAFT. I would take a miracle to get him though, he will go soon but you never know, who thought Udeze was an option?

Secondary!

I don't think any of the players mentioned need to outright "go" but I do think we need some major competition at those positions. Everything but our D-line (which is looking pretty good) needs to be revamped. Can we finally start drafting some high round DB's?
    Even babies know the difference.

Secondary!

After two years of D Lineman drafting i think its a givin, unless we take the "draft the best player available" aproach.

Mossville is offline Starter

Secondary!

Brian Williams is awful. I dont know what you all have been watching but he is getting beat all over the field. He couldnt cover college WRs much less any NFL WR. THe only play he made today was due to Favre underthrowing the ball because J Walk had him toasted on the fly pattern. Russell is even more worthless than Wiliams is