Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

SECOND place Vikings 2

Uh oh... the Packers look damn good... and WITHOUT their second best player (something the Vikings obviously can't claim)

Go ahead, start the "you won't beat the Eagles" blah blah blah the same way you said "you wont beat the Rams" and "don't worry, you won't beat the Texans" and oh yeah, my favorite, " the Vikings will kick you ass" blah blah blah...

Wait... maybe the talk will be 4th and 26 blah blah blah.... (of course... I could say McNown to... nevermind... that was last year right)

Well, back to second place for you... but you should thank the Pack, they bascially garunteed you a playoff wildcard....

BTW- even if the Pack loses to the Eagles, all they have to do is win on Dec 24th... Prime Time, Christmas Eve.... somehow I think Favre will show up...

Hey, at least ya got a wildcard...
    3 Straight Division Champs

Del Rio Guest

SECOND place Vikings 2

I don't know how many people actually went out on a limb and said that the Rams will win hands down. I know there were a few, but for the most part people either didn't care or said the Rams suck on grass so who knows.

I watched part of the game because well hell it's football and it's great. In a few weeks it will be winding down and depression will again fall upon us all.

But for the love of god if I ever have to sit and hear that much candy ass smoke blowing about any player I think I might hurl. I personally admit Favre is one of the best. He is a HOF hands down, but JHC! Can Madden or the media cram thier heads any further up his ass?

I have a sick feeling in my gut the Pack will beat the Eagles. I do know however the Vikings have just as good a shot at the division as the Pack. Oh and good lord the Pakcers turn the ball over a lot! If you turn the ball over that much against a team that can at least show some sense of control you guys will be hurting.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: SECOND place Vikings 2

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Uh oh... the Packers look damn good... and WITHOUT their second best player (something the Vikings obviously can't claim)

Go ahead, start the "you won't beat the Eagles" blah blah blah the same way you said "you wont beat the Rams" and "don't worry, you won't beat the Texans" and oh yeah, my favorite, " the Vikings will kick you ass" blah blah blah...

Wait... maybe the talk will be 4th and 26 blah blah blah.... (of course... I could say McNown to... nevermind... that was last year right)

Well, back to second place for you... but you should thank the Pack, they bascially garunteed you a playoff wildcard....

BTW- even if the Pack loses to the Eagles, all they have to do is win on Dec 24th... Prime Time, Christmas Eve.... somehow I think Favre will show up...

Wow...you beat up on another "iffy" team...congrats. St. Louis came in a huge underdog, and it was obvious why. They don't play well on grass, and that showed too.

Sure, it was a huge win for the Packers - and your team seemed to start to gell...especially your secondary (Which is still your achilles heel). But I wouldn't start patting yourself on the back too hard just yet.

Of your remaining 5 games, I can see you beating Detroit and Chicago, and likely you can handle Jacksonville, but I really doubt you can take out Philly, and I know you won't beat Minnesota in the dome this season.

That would give you 10-6.

Minnesota, meanwhile, should win out. The only thing that can stop them IS them. If they do, that's good for 12-4. Of course, Seattle might bring their "A" game when we play them, and that could get sticky...or we could shoot ourselves in the foot (Like last season)...but then, so could Green Bay.

No excuses, I'm taking the "wait-n-see" stance on this. Nothing is carved in stone yet, and there's still a whole lot of football left.

Caine

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Incredulous!
    Again, why are you, a slacker fan here, on the Viking board?
    But, to reply, the pack are without their second best player, Green, thats for sure. But I guess you failed to realize that the Vikings just got the best player in the entire league back Sunday in Randy Moss. although he wasn't nearly 100%, he still came down with a TD catch.

Second. I'm not starting the discussion on beating the Eagles. You did. You also brought up the 4th and 26. Not me.

Third. You state that all the packers have to do is win on December 24th to achieve what? What if they lose all the remaining games except that one? Are they still champs? You also talk about a prime time game. Well, Randy Moss plays his best on prime time. Add to that it will be against the packers, a team he has single handedly destroyed and has had the most success against, and I'm not worried about Favre, who, is a mere .500 against the Vikings.

And fourth. Shouldn't you be worried about the team the pack plays next week instead of fixating on a game that is a month away? I'm looking at this weeks game against the Bears, not who we are playing in a month.

Skol Vikings

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

SECOND place Vikings 2

THis is pretty funny packman. I remember back when the Pack was 1-4 you were pretty damn quiet. Now we are tied for the lead and you are talking smack. If you are going to talk smack then talk it all year bud, it makes you look like a bandwagon fan...

Anyway, enjoy it while you have it. You guessed it right above, you won't beat the Eagles, and we will keep on rollin over the Bears. Moss wants revenge for last years interception ripped away from him, and when he is mad we win. We have no one good, except maybe Seattle, left to play this year, lets face it bud, the Vikes do have a better chance at the title. BTW I love how you talk about your insecurities in the Eagles game...

Lets face it though, both the Pack and Vikes are getting to the playoffs and will both play the first round no matter what, I mean honestly, look at the NFC, the Rams hold a WC right now with a record of 5-6, they have a LOSING record and are in a playoff spot. In order to get knocked out of the playoffs some 5-6 or 4-7 team would have to make a helluva run, and I jsut don't see it happening.

Also, anyone know if it is possible for teams in the same division to play eachother in the first round?
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

SECOND place Vikings 2

BTW, wasn't taht awesome how they showed a replay of the slacker fans walking out on them during the titans game during yesterday's game? I loved it!!!!!!!!!!! Man do they have some devoted fans! they made it all the way to the third quarter!!!!!!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

[size=7px][/size]

And when your fudgies loose both games which is more realistic
    perhaps we won't be reading your drivel. :roll:

Of course Favre will show up to wish Daunte and Randy congrats
    on there big win and division championship.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

isiah2457 is offline Waterboy

SECOND place Vikings 2

Kleinsasser, it is possible for two teams in the same division to play each other in the first round. It just depends how they are seeded, the two wild card teams would have to play the two division champs with the worst records. So it is easily possible for two teams to meet. Especially this year in the NFC.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:

[size=7px][/size]

And when your fudgies loose both games which is more realistic
    perhaps we won't be reading your drivel. :roll:

Of course Favre will show up to wish Daunte and Randy congrats
    on there big win and division championship.
    Could not have said it better myself!

REAL Packer Fans are waiting to talk until after Christmas Eve. And then they will go back where they came from until next year!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

SECOND place Vikings 2

looks like packman just dropped a bomb and left it for all of us to react... this guy has more posts than some of the regulars on this board. go home and talk to someone who cares.

good luck against the Eagles. one of two things will happen--mcnabb will choke like he tends to when playing a decent team (let's face it--there are only three decent teams in the NFC <eagles, vikes, gb> excluding the falcons who i still refuse to believe are worth a damn) OR he will throw to TO for 2 and Freddie Mitchel for 1...and then run all over the Pack on top of that for 60 yards and a score... and i even left out Westbrook... so go have sex wih a bowl of alfredo, packman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast