Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The second half of the season.

Now that the season is half way done, what are your predictions for the second half of the season?

Do we win less than 2 games the rest of the way, maintain the 2-6 record of the first half or win more than 2 games in a second half resurgence?

The remaining schedule:

Packers L
    Raiders W
    Falcons L
    Broncos W
    Lions L
    Saints L
    Skins W
    Bears L

I have us going 3-5 over the final 8 that puts us at 5-11 at the end of the season. Not where I want us to be but just trying to be realistic and objective. If Ponder elevates the offense and we win a few more I will be very happy but we have so many holes in the roster that I think it will be very difficult to get more than that out of the talent we have.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    This team sucks plain and simple. With the exception of a few, this team blows. From the pathetic WCO, to the useless Tampa 2 defense, to the horrible game calling, to the in over his head HC Frazier, this team sucks.

I am at my wits end with this team. I could care less if they stay in Minnesota, leave for LA, or whatever, I am about done with this team. They have the worse tackling defense in the f'n NFL hands down. I am so sick and tired of watching this crap week after week. The best RB in the game, and they have the most predictable and conservative offense in the game. They have one of the best defensive players in the NFL in Jared Allen, yet they have the worse secondary. I hate the WCO, the Tampa 2 defense, and the way this team approaches their games. They are defeated before they even step on the field. For that reason alone, I am done with this team. Screw em, they gave up on their fans, now this fan is giving up on them.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Superbowl homeboy!!

Blog Entries
    I will say one thing. If getting their teeth kicked in again by the Packers doesn't light a fire under the whole Vikings organization and refocus them on building a team to stop Rodgers and that passing attack then as far as I am concerned they need to move to LA because I am sick and tired of seeing them roll over and get hit without hitting back. With the exception of about 5 or 6 guys the team looks like they have zero desire and zero pride in playing for the team and if that is the case then let them go. And the ownership looks like it is more concerned with pandering for handouts than they are with focusing on building an organization that can compete with the teams who's facilities they are trying to contend with let alone teams that can do twice as much than the vikings with a fraction of the facility they are looking for.

When the Vikings drafted Moss and went 15-1, the Packers went into the draft and beefed up the secondary to be able to minimize his success. The Packers built around Rodgers and the passing game and the Vikings react by getting rid of a starting safety, keeping a CB on the roster while not playing him due to conduct while not attempting to replace him and doing nothing else to bolster a secondary unit that consistently gets torched by the Packers. Hell, they are putting Flynn in with 10 minutes left in the game. If that is not enough to embarrass the Vikings and cause them to rethink their loyalty to the fans then maybe it's time we look at ours to them.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Matt Flynn just scored. Enough said.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Matt Flynn just scored. Enough said.
    Donovan McNabb could have scored against us tonight.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    This team sucks plain and simple. With the exception of a few, this team blows. From the pathetic WCO, to the useless Tampa 2 defense, to the horrible game calling, to the in over his head HC Frazier, this team sucks.

I am at my wits end with this team. I could care less if they stay in Minnesota, leave for LA, or whatever, I am about done with this team. They have the worse tackling defense in the f'n NFL hands down. I am so sick and tired of watching this crap week after week. The best RB in the game, and they have the most predictable and conservative offense in the game. They have one of the best defensive players in the NFL in Jared Allen, yet they have the worse secondary. I hate the WCO, the Tampa 2 defense, and the way this team approaches their games. They are defeated before they even step on the field. For that reason alone, I am done with this team. Screw em, they gave up on their fans, now this fan is giving up on them.
    Not going to miss you at all.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    1 week into the 2nd half of the season & we are already mathematically eliminated from winning the division.

Only a few here thought we could win it, but being out of it this early is embarrassing.

Win or lose, the second half of the season isn't going to matter much.

After last night, I'm left wondering just how many more times will we lose to GB over the next 10-13 years?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    1 week into the 2nd half of the season & we are already mathematically eliminated from winning the division.

Only a few here thought we could win it, but being out of it this early is embarrassing.

Win or lose, the second half of the season isn't going to matter much.

After last night, I'm left wondering just how many more times will we lose to GB over the next 10-13 years?
    Considering how we looked when Rodgers went to the bench and the backup came in and shredded the defense for a score I would say the only thing that we can do to slow them down is a 2 time zone change to the west.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    At this point, the Vikings have two more losses than the rest of the three NFC North teams combined.

The Vikings' two wins came against the powerhouse Cardinals and Panthers (boasting 5 wins between them).

It is not looking good.