Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    I don't really think Chilly will win Coach of the Year.
    I think anyone is going to have a hard time beating out McDaniels if the Broncos win the Division after all that debacle that occurred in Denver.
    Or possibly Caldwell who has the colts going undefeated thus far.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  2. #22
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    Well Broncos are probably not going to win their division, I don't know why but I'M STILL not a believer in them, and same with the Colts, I think the Colts have had a really easy schedule thus far, or at least nothing too challenging. I just hope we somehow beat down the bears twice also, that would really make my **** hard. LMAO

    Yah, we need to take Brian Robison off the special teams if we want to win the Lombardi trophy this year

    SharperImage42

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    "B-Twice87" wrote:
    Yah, we need to take Brian Robison off the special teams if we want to win the Lombardi trophy this year
    Or just tell him Linemen should never try and return kicks.

  4. #24
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "B-Twice87" wrote:
    Yah, we need to take Brian Robison off the special teams if we want to win the Lombardi trophy this year
    Or just tell him Linemen should never try and return kicks.
    Isn't that too easy though? Lol

    SharperImage42

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    Is it possible we win out?
    honestly, hear me out here.

    week 10: Detroit Lions - the lions are a non-issue again this year, they could barely play a good game against the St. Louis Rams. and they still lost by a touchdown. we win by at least 2 touchdowns.

    week 11: Seattle Seahawks - They have won 2 games and aren't doing too well. we win by at least a touchdown.

    week 12: Chicago Bears - the bears are without Urlacher for the whole year but seem to be doing somewhat alright. i honestly think the vikings are more mature and Favre is obviously a much better quarterback than Cutler. Closer game than we think and we win by a touchdown or less.

    week 13: Arizona Cardinals - the last few times we have played them we have beat them, i'm sure we all remember last years game, especially those who support T-Jack. this competition continues trend and the vikings win by two touchdowns

    week 14: Cincinnati Bengals - This could be a tricky one. when the Bengals are healthy, they are a good team, especially with Benson doing so well recently.
    we win by a field goal.

    week 15: Carolina Panthers - this is gonna be a sunday night game. though its in December and outdoors, it will be in North Carolina so the weather should not be too cold. by then, winfield will be back and the depth of the secondary will be more experienced and with Jake Delhome leading the league in interceptions, antione will probably grab a few, not to mention Jared Allen will be a major factor.

    week 16: Chicago Bears - this game will be in Chicago and on December 28th so its very safe to say there will be snow on the ground. the vikings have a better running game than the bears hands down, considering chester taylor is better than matt forte, and Brett Favre has played in a whole heck of a lot of cold and snowy games. we win by a touchdown.

    week 17: New York Giants - This could end up being a bigger game for the Giants than the Vikings. the Giants could be desperately fighting for a division or wildcard win so it could be lights out. but i do know that Eli Manning is not Peyton Manning. this game is in the dome and depending on if Chilly is resting the starters, could be an easy win for the Vikes. the Giants started this season as a powerhouse but they have been torn apart in their last couple games. the vikes win by more than a touchdown.

    please correct me in anything you think i'm over thinking or under thinking. i think its a high possibility for the vikes to win out if they keep playing the way they have, they might need to step it up a little bit.

  6. #26
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    "mad-dog_six-eight" wrote:
    Is it possible we win out?
    honestly, hear me out here.

    week 10: Detroit Lions - the lions are a non-issue again this year, they could barely play a good game against the St. Louis Rams. and they still lost by a touchdown. we win by at least 2 touchdowns.

    week 11: Seattle Seahawks - They have won 2 games and aren't doing too well. we win by at least a touchdown.

    week 12: Chicago Bears - the bears are without Urlacher for the whole year but seem to be doing somewhat alright. i honestly think the vikings are more mature and Favre is obviously a much better quarterback than Cutler. Closer game than we think and we win by a touchdown or less.

    week 13: Arizona Cardinals - the last few times we have played them we have beat them, i'm sure we all remember last years game, especially those who support T-Jack. this competition continues trend and the vikings win by two touchdowns

    week 14: Cincinnati Bengals - This could be a tricky one. when the Bengals are healthy, they are a good team, especially with Benson doing so well recently.
    we win by a field goal.

    week 15: Carolina Panthers - this is gonna be a sunday night game. though its in December and outdoors, it will be in North Carolina so the weather should not be too cold. by then, winfield will be back and the depth of the secondary will be more experienced and with Jake Delhome leading the league in interceptions, antione will probably grab a few, not to mention Jared Allen will be a major factor.

    week 16: Chicago Bears - this game will be in Chicago and on December 28th so its very safe to say there will be snow on the ground. the vikings have a better running game than the bears hands down, considering chester taylor is better than matt forte, and Brett Favre has played in a whole heck of a lot of cold and snowy games. we win by a touchdown.

    week 17: New York Giants - This could end up being a bigger game for the Giants than the Vikings. the Giants could be desperately fighting for a division or wildcard win so it could be lights out. but i do know that Eli Manning is not Peyton Manning. this game is in the dome and depending on if Chilly is resting the starters, could be an easy win for the Vikes. the Giants started this season as a powerhouse but they have been torn apart in their last couple games. the vikes win by more than a touchdown.

    please correct me in anything you think i'm over thinking or under thinking. i think its a high possibility for the vikes to win out if they keep playing the way they have, they might need to step it up a little bit.
    Yes I agree with you on everything except I think we might drop one against the Cardinals/Bengals both of them are weird teams. And I think we could lose against either the Bears once or the Giants(because our guys will be resting).

    13-3 sounds about right.

    SharperImage42

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    "B-Twice87" wrote:
    "mad-dog_six-eight" wrote:
    Is it possible we win out?
    honestly, hear me out here.

    week 10: Detroit Lions - the lions are a non-issue again this year, they could barely play a good game against the St. Louis Rams. and they still lost by a touchdown. we win by at least 2 touchdowns.

    week 11: Seattle Seahawks - They have won 2 games and aren't doing too well. we win by at least a touchdown.

    week 12: Chicago Bears - the bears are without Urlacher for the whole year but seem to be doing somewhat alright. i honestly think the vikings are more mature and Favre is obviously a much better quarterback than Cutler. Closer game than we think and we win by a touchdown or less.

    week 13: Arizona Cardinals - the last few times we have played them we have beat them, i'm sure we all remember last years game, especially those who support T-Jack. this competition continues trend and the vikings win by two touchdowns

    week 14: Cincinnati Bengals - This could be a tricky one. when the Bengals are healthy, they are a good team, especially with Benson doing so well recently.
    we win by a field goal.

    week 15: Carolina Panthers - this is gonna be a sunday night game. though its in December and outdoors, it will be in North Carolina so the weather should not be too cold. by then, winfield will be back and the depth of the secondary will be more experienced and with Jake Delhome leading the league in interceptions, antione will probably grab a few, not to mention Jared Allen will be a major factor.

    week 16: Chicago Bears - this game will be in Chicago and on December 28th so its very safe to say there will be snow on the ground. the vikings have a better running game than the bears hands down, considering chester taylor is better than matt forte, and Brett Favre has played in a whole heck of a lot of cold and snowy games. we win by a touchdown.

    week 17: New York Giants - This could end up being a bigger game for the Giants than the Vikings. the Giants could be desperately fighting for a division or wildcard win so it could be lights out. but i do know that Eli Manning is not Peyton Manning. this game is in the dome and depending on if Chilly is resting the starters, could be an easy win for the Vikes. the Giants started this season as a powerhouse but they have been torn apart in their last couple games. the vikes win by more than a touchdown.

    please correct me in anything you think i'm over thinking or under thinking. i think its a high possibility for the vikes to win out if they keep playing the way they have, they might need to step it up a little bit.
    Yes I agree with you on everything except I think we might drop one against the Cardinals/Bengals both of them are weird teams. And I think we could lose against either the Bears once or the Giants(because our guys will be resting).

    13-3 sounds about right.
    dont get me wrong, 13-3 would be amazing and i dont expect the vikings to win out. but i do think its a high possibility. i wouldn't be surprised if they lost to any of those teams, heck, anyone can have a bad day. thats why they play the game. this is turning out to be a very fun vikings team to watch. skol vikings.

  8. #28
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: This might sound ridiculous but..

    I think we will split with the Bears. THe game we will lose to the Bears will be the one at Soldier Field. Favre doesn't do as well in the cold. Hopefully if we don't get homefield advantage, New Orleans does lol.

  9. #29
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Second Half Prediction

    Kind of hoping for a 14-2 season as opposed to 15-1.
    Don't wanna go into the playoffs with 1998 paranoia.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Second Half Prediction

    And I get laughed at for trying to guess who is gonna pick who in the 7th round of a mock draft....... ;D

    JK, Love these things........

    Let me caveat all of these picks with one thing, I think we had problems on defense before Whinny went down.
    Getting him back will not solve world hunger.

    Lions @ Home - This team seems to have our number (even though we win) of late.
    A division rival that appears to know that we are the one to beat in the division and they play like it against us.
    With only one viable target, I don't worry about this one. [size=10pt]WIN[/size]

    Seahawks @ Home - If ever there was a team that needed to look at thier medical and physical training staff this is the one.
    Injuries continue to keep what should be a decent team very unpredictable.
    Able to light it up in the air if all the pieces are on the field, but that running game of has beens worries no one.
    In the end, healthy or not, because they don't have a viable running game, our front four handles that and gets pressure allowing the LB's to help get pressure as well as help with TE's/Short slants.
    [size=10pt]WIN[/size]

    Bears @ Home - Love the move to get a "Franchise QB", but as alot of us said, he doesn't have a team around him.
    The OL sucks (who said Pace was still good), they have no WR's, and that Defense is still as old as the hills (who said it was still good).
    Still, all in all, we've seen Hester burn us on ST's and in the passing game.
    A poor showing by our Secondary could be problems.
    In the end, that RT (Bust draft pick) and the old man (Pace) let them down and our boys in and that defense lets AD set another single game rushing record.
    [size=10pt]WIN[/size]

    Cardinals @ Arizona - Before yesteray I probably would have sided with the Cards to get revenge here.
    Another inconsistent team that is hard to figure out.
    All in all, thier passing game scares the crap out of me.
    [size=10pt]LOSS[/size]

    Bengals@ Home - The loss of Odom is huge but Cedric sure has helped that offense.
    Not sure if I will be able to put up with my Bengals fan bud the whole way home if the Vikes loose.
    [size=10pt]WIN[/size]

    Panthers @ Carolina - Call it a gut reaction but this game scared me when I saw the schedule and it still scares me even after the way they've played this year.
    On the road, on grass,......Wait a minute, wait a minute, that was when the last regime was in charge.
    Silly me.
    This team won't have anything to play for but pride and judging by the way they've shut down, I don't think much of that is there.
    [size=10pt]WIN[/size]

    Bears @ Chicago - See my earlier comments.
    Might be a good opportunity to get some of the 2's and 3's some reps like we did against the rams.
    Starters start and we watch our backups beat thier starters in the second half.
    [size=10pt]WIN[/size]

    Giants @ Home - 13-2 should be enough to garner home field advantage.
    We get to see our scrubs in on this one as a warm up for the backups going into the playoffs.
    Just like with the Rams, we find out that our backups are better than thier starters. [size=10pt]WIN[/size]

    As to the Saints being overated.
    Not sure how some of you rate football skills but that team is far from overated.
    Do they take another path to success?
    Sure they do, but I suspect that as the season wears on you will see them get more balanced and more dangerous.

    Right now, they and the Colts are the only teams I think we can't beat.
    :

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings team prediction (not a record prediction) part 2
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
  2. Half Tree Half Man Meet Treeman
    By SharperImage in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 10:11 PM
  3. Vikings team prediction (not a record prediction)
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 12:30 AM
  4. MOVED: Vikings team prediction (not a record prediction)
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
  5. Wild find: Half grizzly, half polar bear
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •