Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Seattle Has No Class

Hey all. I just wanted to voice my opinion so if I offend anyone, I apologize up front. I know the NFL is a business but IMO Seattle showed no class with the way they handles the whole Hutch thing.

It's obvious they knew they wouldn't match the offer. They never contacted his agent and let this whole thing ride out without saying a word when the deadline past. Then the next minute they have J. Peterson signed to a 7 year, $54M contract. That tells me they knew all along they weren't matching and held the Vikings by the horns (no pun inteneded) as long as they could.

Props to them for signing Peterson however, they could have shown class and let everyone know when they knew. IMO they not only disrespected the Vikings, their fans, and the NFL but they also disrespected their fans by keeping them out of the know too. I'm sorry but I don't think it's good business.

This whole thing is just my opinion but I wanted to know how everyone else felt about it. I know we are biased but still I believe this is classless.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Seattle Has No Class

I think they had every intention of matching the offer, as long as they wouldn't have to guarantee the cash. When they found out they would have to guarantee his whole contract they went to plan B.

I see nothing wrong with it. If you can match it great, but they weren't about to give him the most guaranteed money in NFL history 10+ million more then Mannings 30 something million.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

They did the exact same thing we would have done under the circumstances. They knew they would lose on Hutch, but wanted to make it as hard as possible for us. What do you think their fan base would have done if they would have just rolled over and handed us the best Guard in football?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Roles is offline Waterboy

Not only does the organization have no class, the fans don't either. I lived in Seattle for four years...they are the worst fair weather fans I have ever seen. They had to have Amazon.com or some other large corporation buy out a bunch of seats last year in order to not have the game blacked out locally. I have also attended 3 Vikings/Seahawks games there, and never had a good experience. I have had beer dumped on me, stuff thrown at me etc. They are a bunch of whining cry babies, and I am glad I am close to the motherland again.
    Skol!

Gift is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    They did the exact same thing we would have done under the circumstances. They knew they would lose on Hutch, but wanted to make it as hard as possible for us. What do you think their fan base would have done if they would have just rolled over and handed us the best Guard in football?
    Yup
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think they had every intention of matching the offer, as long as they wouldn't have to guarantee the cash. When they found out they would have to guarantee his whole contract they went to plan B.

I see nothing wrong with it. If you can match it great, but they weren't about to give him the most guaranteed money in NFL history 10+ million more then Mannings 30 something million.
    I agree remember after all this is a business.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Del Rio Guest

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I agree remember after all this is a business.
    Yep besides, I don't buy that they knew they would lose out.

They had Walter Jones restructure his contract in an attempt to retain Hutch. They tried everything in their power to keep the guy.

They should just shit can the transition tag it is useless if it can be manipulated by contracts like this.

I bet more then anything they are pissed they didn't franchise him.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think they wanted to, or else they wouldnt have restructured jones' contract. I think that they were never at any point prepared to guarantee the whole contract.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I'm sorry I can't find the article but Seattle said they weren't going to match if they couldn't do away with the guarentee.That article was from earlier in the week. I'll post it here if I can find it again.
    I think business is business and this was just business. But I do agree that Seaturkey's and their fans have no class.
    Hell, I didn't even know they had a team until someone told me they were in the superbowl last year. Must be one of those new expansion teams. I've never heard of them. Where is Seattle anyway?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Del Rio Guest

You know how many times a year we hear that such and such teams has no class, and the fans suck, pour beer, throw batteries........

LOL not bashing anyone but from my time on here I swear to god every team in the NFL other then the Vikings has horrible fans.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast