Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: Seattle Game Discussion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Man, i bet the media will start to pay attention to us....oh wait.... what am i saying? I must be going crazy. But I think everyone wrote this game off as a lose at the beginning of the season.... i can't wait till next monday. That's when we will really show the world what's up.
    I'll tell ya what chaffs my rear is I'm watching the recap of the games this week and it's all about Hasselbeck getting hurt. Nothing good said about the Vikes, especially the defense. It's like if Hasselbeck hadn't been knocked out of the game the Vikings would have lost.
    I'm so sick of not getting any respect for a well-played game by the Vikes I could hurl.
    Not getting recognition does wear old after a while, but when I really start to think about it, I don't mind it.

We are now 4-2 and beat the defending NFC champs. I hate when people do this but I'm gonna do it anyways: We could easily have been 5-1 or maybe even 6-0 if we didn't slip and fumble against the Bears and should have beat the Bills (everyone else in our divison has for Pete's sake. That includes the Packers). So for all that and still getting no media attention can be a good thing as far as going under the radar. If we can keep this up we can easily challenge for a Wild Card IF NOT the Bears, being under the radar could be a helpful factor.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I got a question on the "Challange Flag" Childress threw on the ball that was incomplete. The Seahawks attempted the field goal when the whistle blew. The challange stood up but they made the field goal anyway.
    My question -- Was the first field goal attempt wide left? It looked that way on TV but the announcers said nothing about it. It looked to me like the challange, even though we won cost us 3 points.
    He missed the first one - but the challenge flag, if recognized by the refs, trumps the play so it never actually happened.

=Z=
    He did miss the first one, but half the line stopped when the whistle blew.
    The kicker follows through with his kick no matter what... once you are in that motion it is hard to stop it.
    His followthrough was cut short through, you could see it on TV.
    More than likely without the distraction of the play being whistled dead he would have kicked normally and the FG would still have been good.

Good challenge Childress.
    How so?
    He used up one of his challenges to gain 4 yards - and then Josh Brown made the FG anyway.
    I don't see why moving it from a 38 to a 42-yarder gained the Vikings anything.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    That was AWESOME!!! And I they actually showed it on TV here in MI!!! That first kick return by Johnson was sweet (no suprise there, he has 3 kr tds for me in madden 07) That almost killed me, but then I remembered that Darrell Jackson's on two of fantasy teams (21 points from him!) That was a sweet catch by Robinson for the TD, and I went completely NUTS on that TD pass by Taylor (LT, anybody?) and on the team record NINETY-FRICKIN-FIVE YARD TD RUN!!! Was that awesome or what!!! Awesome blocking, and great running and vision by Chester. When I saw Boulware (I think it was him) chasing him down, I was like "NO! NONONONONONO! You will NOT tackle him! You better not freaking tackle him or I swear..." but Chester made it. Then K-Will's fumble recovery in the endzone. FREAKING AWESOME!

By the way, was that Griffin's first career INT? and what's T-wills status?
    :
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678