coreyd is offline Coach

Season Ticket Holders?

Hey everybody! Happy Sunday! Just think...our Sundays will be more meaningful in just a few months!
    I have a question for those of you who are season ticket holders, or others who might have info for tickets.
    Last year I tried to get season tickets and almost scored some decent seats. The gentlemen on the phone told me that the way it works is that you grab a set of tickets, and you keep buying the seats until better ones come up later on (few seasons later). My question is, how long can I look forward to waiting for better seats? I know someone who has awesome seats, but he has been buying tickets for over fifteen years. Should I look forward to holding tickets for a while before I can upgrade to better seats?
    Also, I have noticed that people sell their season tickets in the paper, is it better to try and buy them instead of getting them through the Vikes orginization? Or is it better to get on the list for myself? :scratch:

dr feelgood is offline Training Camp

Season Ticket Holders?

this will be my 3rd year. we sarted with 6 and now up to 8 and have moved down each year and stayed together. i like the upper deck and have a limit on how much i'm willing to spend. currently 13 row but, they're moving us down again. Lower section seats are bought by the brokers and sold for individual games, hence a lot of empty seats at games even though the seats have been sold. Anyway, You want great seats buy individually. Last year I never had the owner of the seat next to me come to a game. He got killed for most games and made it all up on the packer game.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Season Ticket Holders?

"dr feelgood" wrote:
    Last year I never had the owner of the seat next to me come to a game. He got killed for most games and made it all up on the packer game.
    Get that owners address so I can send him some traitor mail for selling his Vikes/GB tickets.

To bad that owner Missed Moss' Last Game as a Viking in the dome.

I was lucky enough to get to see Moss first and Last Games in the Dome and I am not even a season ticket holder.

coreyd is offline Coach

Season Ticket Holders?

The season tickets I could have gotten were lower level.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Season Ticket Holders?

coreyd if you're still on the list you should grab them if they're available. The seats won't be good at first, but keep requesting upgrades every year and you'll be surprised how quickly they improve. Make sure you mention that price is not an object, because your seat quality will leapfrog those who have price as a concern.

This will be my 18th year with season tickets and I have pretty good seats. The only upgrades I now request are those closer to the field, in the three sections behind the Vikings bench.

I can't say that I personally go to every game (1. I'm pretty busy and can't make every game, 2. My wife flips out over the price). I sell some for face value to friends that are interested... BUT ALWAYS VIKES FANS. I have some Packer friends that want my Packer tickets every year... and they would pay a premium. But I won't sell to them. I'm too loyal to my team to think about putting opposing fans in my seats.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman