Ultimately, Guion has limited upside, but hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I enjoy that we have him, but I personally see an excellent 3-technique hiding underneath everything he does. If we replace Guion, not Williams, with a fantastic nose tackle in the near future, moving Guion to a pass-rushing, penetrating undertackle could have profound effects - it would reduce the importance of lateral movement and play reading, and take advantage of his pass rushing skills. It might also resolve his stamina problems, but I'm not sure. At any rate, Guion is a good player to have on the team, and can certainly start - he's already better than a number of nose tackles who start in the NFL and I don't see NT as a weakness in the very near future. If Guion can improve his play-reading ability by any large degree, I'm confident we'd return to the run-dominating defense we have been in the past.
Season in Review: Letroy Guion's Best and Worst Games in 2011 - Daily Norseman

I still like Guion and think he will become a damn fine 3 tech. Problem is, we are going to try to make him play out of position this year.

Maybe the new guy has a new twist were the defense will work without a 0/1 tech, but I doubt it.