Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MattShortNB81 is offline Training Camp

Sean Salisbury at it again...

so for i dont know how many years in a row Sean Salisbury has picked the Vikes to win the division..and he said "The Vikings have one of the deepest corp of receivers, even w/ the exit of Randy Moss. These guys could be playing into deep January, maybe even make a run at February 5th"...i love this guy but...c'mon..hes got to be about as big a fan as all of us..lol..i know ive been predicted a viking superbowl bout every year since i can remember...i think this year is the year though..and to sean salibury..even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile..

PS..guys its nice to be aboard..my dad raised me a vikings fan and to hate Packers..i live in IN...i just bought endzone tickets to see the vikings bengals in week 2...so yea..Skol Vikes baby

Re: Sean Salisbury at it again...

its not like picking the vikings to win the division for the past few years has been a stupid pick, i mean, weve had the talent. i think weve just severley underchieved under tice. hopefully this year will be different. and i also think we do have a pretty deep wr corps, we ,ay not get 3 guys putting up 10 tds like the colts, but our 3 and 4 recievers could play #2 on alot of teams.

if Tice has another late season dive this year..hes got to go..i love the guy but c'mon..we have WAY to much talent for that to happen this year..i think we are the best all around team (on paper) in the NFC at least..AT LEAST one of the best..the Falcons are gonna be tough if they can get a passing game going..of course the Eagles..theres alot of contenders out there this year....oh and back to Tice..if you read the Sporting News the did a big article on him..and he admitted he knows how to shoot outta the gates (quite obviously)..but he doesnt know how to finish..pretty bad when he admits it..i love the guy hes a great motivator and what not..but this year hes got alot to prove..Moss is gone so basically the team is his to mold now..we'll see i guess

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Hey, leave Salisbury alone. He's one of the few on ESPN that isn't gushing over the Iggles or Pat's all the time. We have to have someone on our side in the national media .... lol

no no..dont get me wrong..he's great..lol..he even played a lil QB for minnesota in his day..we just have to prove him right this year..eventually hes gonna quit pickin us if we keep blowin it..haha..and i am blown away at some of the predictions national media has made for the vikings..ive seen a couple magazine predicting the lions..to win the division...theyve got a ton of talent and are gonna be good in years to come..but there no way a team that young could win the division...even if they did have experience i think its all the vikings this year..

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"MattShortNB81" wrote:
    no no..dont get me wrong..he's great..lol..he even played a lil QB for minnesota in his day..we just have to prove him right this year..eventually hes gonna quit pickin us if we keep blowin it..haha..and i am blown away at some of the predictions national media has made for the vikings..ive seen a couple magazine predicting the lions..to win the division...theyve got a ton of talent and are gonna be good in years to come..but there no way a team that young could win the division...even if they did have experience i think its all the vikings this year..
    I was just messing with ya man .... it's cool. I was just saying all the "National" media all talk about the iggles and pats and it gets old. I like to hear more about our Vikes and Sean is our savior in that category. I also like to hear about the cards, 49er's, etc .... as I think we all are NFL fans as well as Vikes fans ... that's all i was saying ... lol

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It's hard to read salisbury. One week he is touting us, the next he is burning us. I just don't know what to think of salisbury.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I think about 90% of sportscasters, writers, analysts etc. are picking Minnesota to win the division this year, and last year about 50% picked Minnesota.

I think you have to consider us one of the top four favorites to win the NFC this year among the Eagles(previous year champs get automatic bid), Carolina, and Atlanta.

I've been making picks at the beginning of the year for a few seasons, now. I'll share with you my picks for SB and actual SB.

2001 - Rams over Ravens act. Patriots over Rams
    2002 - Packers over Raiders act. Bucs over Raiders
    2003 - Eagles over Chargers act. Patriots over Panthers
    2004 - Colts over Vikings act. Patriots over Eagles
    2005 - Vikings over Chiefs (actual yet to be determined)

In the last 4 years I've got at least 2 of the 8 teams playing in the SB right. That's more than a lot of analysts can say. I was a year off on the Chargers becoming a playoff caliber team, and a year off on the Eagles getting to the superbowl. This year I'll be right.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I think about 90% of sportscasters, writers, analysts etc. are picking Minnesota to win the division this year, and last year about 50% picked Minnesota.

I think you have to consider us one of the top four favorites to win the NFC this year among the Eagles(previous year champs get automatic bid), Carolina, and Atlanta.

I've been making picks at the beginning of the year for a few seasons, now. I'll share with you my picks for SB and actual SB.

2001 - Rams over Ravens act. Patriots over Rams
    2002 - Packers over Raiders act. Bucs over Raiders
    2003 - Eagles over Chargers act. Patriots over Panthers
    2004 - Colts over Vikings act. Patriots over Eagles
    2005 - Vikings over Chiefs (actual yet to be determined)

In the last 4 years I've got at least 2 of the 8 teams playing in the SB right. That's more than a lot of analysts can say. I was a year off on the Chargers becoming a playoff caliber team, and a year off on the Eagles getting to the superbowl. This year I'll be right.

Let's hope so!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    It's hard to read salisbury. One week he is touting us, the next he is burning us. I just don't know what to think of salisbury.
    Does he have a steak in the outcome? :lol: Yeah, I know...but I couldn't resist! ops:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast