Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Seahawks @ Vikings Game Thread

OL needs some work. When Sully comes back that should help. CBs got tested tonight. Head was looking the wrong way several times. A little worried but still have time to fix the problems.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I feel a lot better after watching this game. Our dline depth is incredible, our o-line is the most in flux thing we have, running game is meh, but that points to the o-line, i'm with mars on letting tjack go, I initially wanted to keep him because I thought he had a lot of potential, but I just don't see it. I love t he chris cook pick so much right now, even though i hated it before. I just feel better about our team as a whole after that game. Oh, and love the camarillo trade
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Reviewing preseason Week 3 in NFC North
    By Kevin Seifert

Of interest: Receiver Percy Harvin played only after passing a final medical test Friday night. He said doctors believe they have pinpointed the causes of his migraine headaches and have given him a better plan to deal with them. He gamely pushed through 14 plays and took two hard hits that had him twisting his neck on the sideline. Meanwhile, the Vikings started rookie Chris Cook at right cornerback and my amateur eyes saw nothing to suggest he isn't ready to be their Week 1 starter. It was notable that Asher Allen served in the nickel and veteran Lito Sheppard was playing with the third team late in the fourth quarter.

Local coverage: Quarterback Brett Favre was thrilled to see once-and-current teammate Javon Walker's 25-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter, notes Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Phil Mackey of 1500ESPN.com suggests that Tyrell Johnson will win the competition with Jamarca Sanford for the starting strong safety job. Coach Brad Childress was planning to watch tape of the game before deciding whether starters will play in Thursday's preseason finale, according to Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/15444/reviewing-preseason-week-3

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Video Postgame: Favre, Childress talk offense

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/101741243.html

The big thing to me continues to be the offensive line. They have been bad in both run and pass so far in the preseason. That goes for starters and backups.

I am optimistic that the pass protection will get worked out, because it was pretty good last year. Lets see what it's like a few weeks into the season with the entire starting line back.

The run blocking I can only pray the team is better than last year. It seems like every time they do block, AD has a big gain or a TD. So I'll keep praying.

A lot of fun spots in the game last night though with Harvin and Camirillo, defense solid and didn't give up a TD, big run from AD, and a fullback not named Tahi fighting for a TD.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

I haven't been able to watch the game as closely as others, but here's what I've come away with FWIW...

Our Defense through three games so far (granted, it's only preseason) has only allowed opposing Offenses ONE TD. Everything else has been FG, Pick 6, or return TD, allowing us to outscore opponents 62-35. Our Defense is looking like it should be Top 3, at LEAST. Very happy about that.

Our only loss thus far has been to the 49ers on their home turf, against a damn good Defense, and without Favre (aside from four plays), Rice, and Harvin. The Niners are the team to beat in their division, and will very likely make the Playoffs this year.

I really hope the coaches are paying close attention to the turnstile/revolving door/bullfighter situation we've got going on the O-line, because if they're not...I'm literally fearing for Favre's LIFE out there. McKinnie really needs to pull his head out of his 5XL ass if he wants another shot at embarrassing the organization and fans in another ProBowl.

I WAS worried about our situation at WR, but after seeing Camarillo and Walker last night, I'm comfortable again. Good, solid choices by our Front Office. The first half of the season isn't quite as scary now, and the second half could be very exciting once Rice comes back and gets fully into gear.

It looks like AD is in mid-season form, and could be even better once the O-line gets settled. Beyond him, I'm a little concerned...Gerhardt hasn't really shown me anything special.

Special Teams are still allowing opponents returns out to the 30-40 yard range, and I thought Rhys Lloyd was supposed to severely limit that. I think he's gone with the final cuts, and that's fine by me, because we have a wealth of young talent that deserve the roster spot more than him.

With all that being said...it should all be taken with a grain of salt, because it is still just preseason. I'll throw in my 2 wooden nickels again after the first 4 games.

JMO

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I find it interesting that the two biggest concerns that I had after the first few games with Childress as the head coach were the QB position and the OL.

Now in the fifth year I just checked my give a shit list and wouldn't you know the two biggest concerns are the OL and the QB position.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123