Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Seahawks @ Vikings Game Thread

Jareds Mullet wrote:
    Ok so I'm a (foreigner) little new to the whole fantasy thing, I have Heyward-Bay as my sleeper pick, should I dump him and pick up Camarillo?
    I'm not sure what you mean by your sleeper pick. A sleeper is someone that no one is talking about then they start doing amazing out of seemingly no where. You don't have a designated sleeper.

As for the move, I'm not sure. We don't really know how much Camarillo will be used in this offense, and he'll be used even less when Rice comes back. I personally would do it as Heyward-Bey doesn't have very good hands, and he IS on a terrible Raiders team. Even with Jason Campbell, I don't see any raiders players making any kind of significant fantasy impact.

So yah, part homer pick, go for it.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Jareds Mullet is offline Waterboy

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Jareds Mullet wrote:
    Ok so I'm a (foreigner) little new to the whole fantasy thing, I have Heyward-Bay as my sleeper pick, should I dump him and pick up Camarillo?
    I'm not sure what you mean by your sleeper pick. A sleeper is someone that no one is talking about then they start doing amazing out of seemingly no where. You don't have a designated sleeper.

As for the move, I'm not sure. We don't really know how much Camarillo will be used in this offense, and he'll be used even less when Rice comes back. I personally would do it as Heyward-Bey doesn't have very good hands, and he IS on a terrible Raiders team. Even with Jason Campbell, I don't see any raiders players making any kind of significant fantasy impact.

Hey Sherels way to make a play.

I'm keeping DHB, not that anyone would take him off my hands. If I can shift Flacco and Doucet for a decent QB I'll pick up Safe Hands Camarillo for my bench.

Blog Entries

Jareds Mullet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Jareds Mullet wrote:

I'm keeping DHB, not that anyone would take him off my hands. If I can shift Flacco and Doucet for a decent QB I'll pick up Safe Hands Camarillo for my bench.
    Thats what I did to eventually get camarillo. two for one trade to open up a spot, picked walker, then dropped him for camarillo.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Jareds Mullet is offline Waterboy

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Jareds Mullet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Jareds Mullet wrote:

Thats what I did to eventually get camarillo. two for one trade to open up a spot, picked walker, then dropped him for camarillo.
    Well if it goes wrong I'm hunting you down like Brett hunts a varmint.

Blog Entries

Jareds Mullet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Jareds Mullet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Jareds Mullet wrote:

Well if it goes wrong I'm hunting you down like Brett hunts a varmint.
    Haha alright. But don't blame me if you make a dumb trade. But I would drop DHB for GC.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

Favre - B- (He didn't look that great in pre-season last year either)

TJack - D+

Rosencopter - B

Webb - C

Peterson - B

Gerhart - B+

Young - C-

Ian Johnson - D-

Reynaud - A-

D'Imperrio - B+ (Mayock was all up on his balls, but he DID look pretty impressive tonight)

Camarillo - A+ (can you say steal?)

Walker - B+

Harvin - A-

Shank - A

OL - C- (I know sully didn't play tonight but we REALLY gotta pick it up if we expect to slow down New Orleans)

DL - A+ (our 2nd stringers are better than 75% of other teams 1st stringers)

Linebackers - B+ (Great to see Onatolu making plays, EJ looked great, Leber too)

Winfield - A

Chris Cook - A- (SO glad we picked him up)

Other corners - didn't get to see much of

Asher Allen - B

M Will - meh

Tyrell Johnson - C

Longwell - A

Lloyd - B

Kluwe - B

Camarillo was a steal, cook looked great, can't wait to see what we do with Rosenfels

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

The Oline, BB, And Tjoke scare me. And the fact we have no safties. Otherwise I think we are in good shape. Cama and Cook look like the real deal.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Holy crap.. Why in the blue hell are we still playing McKinney? It hurts my brain. He's gonna kill Favre this year if something isn't done about his play.

Missed the game but a few highlights and stuff I'm trying to catch now, but I'm encouraged about Harvin's fighting spirit (from the 3 plays I've seen of him and what I've read). AP scares me, and not because of fumblitis (don't think that'll be the issue it was last year).. but because of his lack of patience and vision.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Here are my thoughts.....

Did you see DeGeare pulling! Good god this kid is going to be good. I thought he was Hutchs replacement Marrdro? LOL I told you he would play the right. Hell he could overtake Anthony IMO.

Tahi did some good things. I know I hack on him a lot.

Thought we played Percy too much. Camarillo and Walker were nice additions. That Walker catch was nice. Berrian did not look like a guy ready to take the #1 spot.

Gerhart showed more than previous games. Peterson looked good. Nice one handed catch. Did not see him back blocking. LOL I wonder why?

Favre was rusty. TJ showed nothing. Sage looked good. Webb is just fun to watch. Hell I say let TJ go.

Tough to judge the OL because Sully is out and we are moving a lot of guys around. I thought they played ok based on the circumstances.

I thought they defenses looked great. Cook is the real deal. So glad we went CB with our first pick.

Ray Edwards looks bigger and in great shape. Pat Williams looks slimmer. Did anyone notice that?

Loadholt looks solid. This kid will only get better.

Reynaud should make this team.

Evans and Giuon are the truth. Damn these guys are good. Marrdro I told you we were good at DT. When will you listen?

Not seeing bad or good out of Lito but I guess that is a good thing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings postgame Saturday night
    Posted by Chip Scoggins
    Last update: August 28, 2010 - 11:58 PM

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/101737158.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast