Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Seahawks | Team to meet with Burleson

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "pennccil" wrote:
    howe much cap do we have left since we got richardson and hutch 10-15 mil left?

Well, John Clayton said on ESPNEWS last night, that after the Hutch signing, we had $16-17 million in cap space left still. How? I do not know, but that was what he said. So if he was right, after the Richardson signing, we still have plenty of cap room.

We must have backloaded our other FA contracts, for us to still have that much left. I know we gave them all signing bonuses and not roster bonuses, so their bonuses didn't count against the cap. $2.3 million extra when Daunte left and I also heard we were close to a restructured deal with Rosey that would save us some cap space as well. So maybe we do still have that much left.

I'd be happy if we signed Neal and a safety and did nothing else until the draft. Pick Ernie Sims at 17, and Croyle in the 2nd round. The rest of the picks, BPA.

That would not surprise me at all. Rob Bryzenski is the best at managing the cap. He had to be with with McCombs as the owner.. The only player that I am aware of that had a significant impact on this years cap would be Hutchinson. With trading Culpepper, we had around 34 mil to spend. That would sound about right to me. I am sure we have atleast 10-15 mil left to spend.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

10-17 mill is most likley correct.. We are in good shape never the less..

Rob wouldn't let us get in cap trouble

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Rob B usually makes the first two years base salaries VERY modest so those cap numbers for the other signings are most likely off. I doubt we gave them roster bonuses like we have with winfield, smoot, and hutch. As i recall last year smoot was the only front loaded contract. I would venture to guess we have about 8-10 million remaining. Plenty of room to sign burleson, neal, and proceed to the draft. However, if we are going to trade up in the first round, we could run into problems.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213