Re:Sea of purple

What about a Yellow out?

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Zeus wrote:
    Dekay wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

It's more of a hockey thing.
    Might be, but what looks cool in a hockeyrink would look cooler in a footballstadium.

Are hockeyfans more "drilled" than footballfans?

Would be awesome with a small tifo as well. Could be as little as having purple paper on the chairs to hold up when the players run into the stadium or unfolding a 40 yard long purple and gold flag.
    I think there's plenty of purple on game-day. However, because it's such a dark color (and one which does not contrast very well with the dark blue seats), it might not show up as clearly as, say, a yellow.

=Z=
    You might be right! Those small spots of white, yellow and pink and the opponents colours is perhaps standing out and make it an illusion of the purple is less represented than it really is.

gregair13 wrote:
    It works with futbol, as well.

Anyway, I can't think of a single team that really has the stadium all colored in their home colors. Away jerseys and opposing fans make that really hard. The only stadium I can really think off that's usually dominated by team colors is Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. There always seems to be a perfect black and white unity. It's pretty imposing.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Dekay wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Dekay wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

Might be, but what looks cool in a hockeyrink would look cooler in a footballstadium.

Are hockeyfans more "drilled" than footballfans?

Would be awesome with a small tifo as well. Could be as little as having purple paper on the chairs to hold up when the players run into the stadium or unfolding a 40 yard long purple and gold flag.
    I think there's plenty of purple on game-day. However, because it's such a dark color (and one which does not contrast very well with the dark blue seats), it might not show up as clearly as, say, a yellow.

=Z=
    You might be right! Those small spots of white, yellow and pink and the opponents colours is perhaps standing out and make it an illusion of the purple is less represented than it really is.
    It would look awesome in a football stadium, especially in a dome. Cannot deny that.
    We're bringing purple back.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Dekay wrote:
    I would for example never ever buy an away jersey for any team I cheer on. So if someone might share some light on why you buy an away jersey or even wear it for a homegame I might get a better understanding and not nag about this.
    I guess I can't shed light on why I buy or wear a road Jersey... I never thought too much about it, they're equally cool. Maybe they should just stop selling them? I have a throwback Cris Carter road jersey, and it's my favorite to wear, home or away. I just go by whatever feels right at the time.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I usually rock Home jerseys for home games, and away jerseys for away games except for this year. The only away jersey I have at school is a Peterson one, and Peterson needs to earn back his right for me to wear his jersey.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

SKOL wrote:
    Dekay wrote:
    I would for example never ever buy an away jersey for any team I cheer on. So if someone might share some light on why you buy an away jersey or even wear it for a homegame I might get a better understanding and not nag about this.
    I guess I can't shed light on why I buy or wear a road Jersey... I never thought too much about it, they're equally cool. Maybe they should just stop selling them? I have a throwback Cris Carter road jersey, and it's my favorite to wear, home or away. I just go by whatever feels right at the time.
    I have mostly home jerseys and wear those to home games. When the Vikings are on the road, I sometimes wear a road jersey.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Of the jerseys all are home except for one ( CC #80 ). I'll wear it for watching road games but I'd always wear a purple jersey when watching home games or going to the Dome. A lot of the road jerseys I've seen people wearing at the Dome tend to be authentic/customised jerseys - so I guess they're determined to get full use out of them after paying out that kind of money.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12