Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sea of purple

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Sea of purple

I was in doubt of what to name this thread.

This thing has bothered me for a long time during our homegames. I dont want to impose a dresscode or such, but to be honest I dont see a very good support on the side except from the good and loud noise in the dome.

This picture is from a local Stockholmian icehockeyteam. I can admit it is only supporter from teh same team in this section. We usually have it like that. Sections split in fans from different teams.

But before the game they hand out red t-shirt and thus creating the red sea of fans.

I would like us to wear purple, or have a local company print some small ad on a purple tee and hand out to fans in the dome and create a sea of purple. Imagine how imposing it would seem to the awayteam, and how it would heighten our teams spirit if we had (almost) the whole dome purple.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Sea of purple

Dekay wrote:
    I was in doubt of what to name this thread.

This thing has bothered me for a long time during our homegames. I dont want to impose a dresscode or such, but to be honest I dont see a very good support on the side except from the good and loud noise in the dome.

This picture is from a local Stockholmian icehockeyteam. I can admit it is only supporter from teh same team in this section. We usually have it like that. Sections split in fans from different teams.

But before the game they hand out red t-shirt and thus creating the red sea of fans.

I would like us to wear purple, or have a local company print some small ad on a purple tee and hand out to fans in the dome and create a sea of purple. Imagine how imposing it would seem to the awayteam, and how it would heighten our teams spirit if we had (almost) the whole dome purple.

It would be cool, but if I spent $70 to buy a replica away jersey outside the dome, you can bet your ass I'd be wearing that.
    I can just see the Vikings(I'll remind you, lowest revenue in the league) spending all this money on purple shirts, handing them out then not many people would wear them.
    It seems, MOst people who go to games have some type of vikings shirt, its just not always purple.

How readilly available is the merchandise for that hockey team? I'm just wondering, because I bet there's not as many people showing up wearing team gear, that way by giving out shirts, most people would wear them there. I just don't think that would be the case here.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

here's a pic of a vikings game:

I'd say most people are wearing vikings gear, but I see alot of purple, alot of white and alot of yellow.

And you can bet, in the US more than any other country they'd take the request to wear purple as some type of crime against humanity by saying they have a right to wear whatever they want.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikings spend money on giveaways? LOL! Yeah right.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    The Vikings spend money on giveaways? LOL! Yeah right.
    You and your fucking need for trinkets.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

To clarify, its just plain red t-shirts they hand out to those who want them. Its no obligation to wear them. Funny its the third uniform, not the home, nor the away jerseys but the one they have to have just in case they cant use neither of the first two. They used them once and keep using them since they play "good" in them. "Red for the blood through the heart and veins!!"

I can also imagine what people would think if there would be a decree to wear purple. I also understand the economics and what strain the Vikings organisation is under.

I have attended one Gophersgame and was impressed by the uniformity of the yellow student section. So nonetheless I would like to see more purple in the dome. Its not for nothing we bleed purple, use the words purple reign and real men wear purple. Minneapolis and Minnesota is Vikings country and I think it should show.

All in all, I think we might come from different worlds and opinions. Attending a game in US and in europe aint the same, so my excuse could be cultural differences (I wonder how long I could play that wildcard hahaha) I would for example never ever buy an away jersey for any team I cheer on. So if someone might share some light on why you buy an away jersey or even wear it for a homegame I might get a better understanding and not nag about this.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

It's more of a hockey thing.
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 wrote:

Might be, but what looks cool in a hockeyrink would look cooler in a footballstadium.

Are hockeyfans more "drilled" than footballfans?

Would be awesome with a small tifo as well. Could be as little as having purple paper on the chairs to hold up when the players run into the stadium or unfolding a 40 yard long purple and gold flag.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Dekay wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

Might be, but what looks cool in a hockeyrink would look cooler in a footballstadium.

Would be awesome with a small tifo as well. Could be as little as having purple paper on the chairs to hold up when the players run into the stadium or unfolding a 40 yard long purple and gold flag.
    I think there's plenty of purple on game-day. However, because it's such a dark color (and one which does not contrast very well with the dark blue seats), it might not show up as clearly as, say, a yellow.

That said - the signature of the Dome is the noise. That's how the fans become the 12th man in there.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    Dekay wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

I think there's plenty of purple on game-day. However, because it's such a dark color (and one which does not contrast very well with the dark blue seats), it might not show up as clearly as, say, a yellow.

That said - the signature of the Dome is the noise. That's how the fans become the 12th man in there.

=Z=
    Why would we need a 12th man? We have Tahi.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast