Thread: Scrimmage Notes

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Scrimmage Notes

In the morning practice, I watched the Vikings defense aganist the Chiefs offense. On the first play Brock Lesnar got a sack and the crowd loved it. Soon after that there was a fight between the teams and I thought I saw Lesnar pick someone up and slam him to the ground.

Winfield got 2 Int, one on a tipped ball.
    Ken Irvin got a big hit on WR #81 Chris Horn.
    Russell and Chavous combined to smash TE #46 Billy Barber.
    #52 for the Vikings and FB #43 Omar Easy for the Chiefs got into a pushing matchup that lead to some bench clearing. All together there were 4 fights.

The night practice was suppose to start at 6 pm, but both teams went to the practice fields to warm up for about 45 minutes. People were getting restless. This time I saw the Vikings offense aganist the Chiefs defense. First play Culpepper going deep for Moss for about a gain of 50! Crowd goes wild. There was a lot more people their for the night practice than the morning one. About 15-20 minutes later the Vikings defense and Cheifs defense comes over to the main field for some actual game play.

Very exciting. 3 bench clearing brawls that KC started after the play was over. Mike Nattiel (injured) was cheerleading when the Vikings came back to their bench by getting the crowd to stand up and give them a standing ovation each time the Vikings came to the bench. Culpepper really got hot and wanted to get right in the middle of the brawls but coaches ran from one side of the field to the other to stop him from going in. The kicker for the Vikings were the only ones that didn't ran to the fight.

Frerotte and Hill looked like 2nd and 3rd string QB's.
    I'm a little biased, but I would say the the Vikings beat the Chiefs in the scrimmage. If I had to put a score on it, I would say 28-24 Vikings.

If you have any other questions just leave a post.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Scrimmage Notes

I don't know, but I think we need kickers that can mix it up with the players! LOL

Lesnar's a beast. It would be fun to see him make the squad this year.

Thanks for the re-cap tlk23

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman