Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Screw Red McCombs

Some people are blaming two years worth of collapses on the coaching staff. others are blaming the players. Why is nobody blaming Red McCombs? After all, it's his team. He chooses the coaching staff. He determines who plays for this team or not.

Remember in '98, '99, '00 when he actually cared about winning? Now all's he does is bitch about neededing a new stadium, hardly shows up at games anymore, sends his daughter to owners meetings, and gives comments to Sports Illustrated and newspapers in Los Angeles and San Antonio that have hidden meanings or are just plain non-sensical.

Let's assume for a minute that Tice is not back next year. Who do you expect to see riding into town on a white horse next year to save the day? Jimmy Johnson? Jim Fassell? Mike Holmgren? Bud Grant? Bill Walsh? No NFL coach will work for the $700K Red pays Tice. Hell, no D-I college coach would. Norm Chow, Nick Saban, Mac Brown, etc.

It's one thing when Ron Gardenhire (Twins), Flip Saunders (Wolves), and Jacques LeMair (Wild) make more than Tice. But consider that over at the U Glen Mason (football), Dan Monson (men's b-ball), Don Lucia (men's hockey), and J Robinson (wrestling) all make more, and women's basketball coach Pam Borden makes almost as much herself. Still think Red will fork out the dough for a top tier NFl/college coach? If you think Mike Tice is the bottom of the coaching barrell, just wait. Be careful what we wish for. We can still sink lower.

Players: Wanna know why we are set to be around $30,000,000 under the cap for the 2nd year in a row? Partly due to the genius that is Rob Bryzinski, but mostly because Red only spent above the league's required minimum. Yes, we got Antoine Winfield, but we could have also had plenty to spare to go after one or more of the following" Jevon Kearse, hugh Douglass, Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, Jeremiah Trottier, Jason Gildon, Bertrand Berry, John Lynch, or Warren Sapp.

Only Kearse may have been realistically out of our price range, but not by much. What about this off-season? Think we will pursue a guy like Peter Boulware, or look for more Keith Newman's? Ty Law or a few more Derek Ross's? The man bought the team for $280m and it is now worth $600m, yet he claims he's losing money? Sell's out every game, yet can't put .02 back into the team?

until he sells the team, to somebody local, this is the fate of our beloved Purple. We can hope for Glen Taylor or Dick Shultz of Best Buy, but what about some others? Look at all the Fortune 500 companies here: Target, Best Buy, General Mills, US Bank, Medtronic, St Paul Companies, 3M, Carlson, Wells Fargo 9They are "technically" base din San Fran, but in 1997 Minneapolis-based Norwest bought Wells fargo, and changed their name to Wells Fargo, and moved to San Fran. In the last 4 years, they have moved the bulk of their operations and company execs back to Minneapolis).

Regardless, the point is there are plenty of people or groups of people with the money and means to buy the team from Red, if he drops his rediculous price of $680,000,000. The only hope for this franchise and it's fans is that he does.

Soon.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Screw Red McCombs

HEH... as I said first time you posted this (in another board) I agree 100%

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Screw Red McCombs

30 MILLION under the cap?!?!?!? Is that a typo?

Caine

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Screw Red McCombs

"PurpleReign" wrote:
    Some people are blaming two years worth of collapses on the coaching staff. others are blaming the players. Why is nobody blaming Red McCombs? After all, it's his team. He chooses the coaching staff. He determines who plays for this team or not.

Remember in '98, '99, '00 when he actually cared about winning? Now all's he does is beeyatch about neededing a new stadium, hardly shows up at games anymore, sends his daughter to owners meetings, and gives comments to Sports Illustrated and newspapers in Los Angeles and San Antonio that have hidden meanings or are just plain non-sensical.

Let's assume for a minute that Tice is not back next year. Who do you expect to see riding into town on a white horse next year to save the day? Jimmy Johnson? Jim Fassell? Mike Holmgren? Bud Grant? Bill Walsh? No NFL coach will work for the $700K Red pays Tice. Hell, no D-I college coach would. Norm Chow, Nick Saban, Mac Brown, etc.

It's one thing when Ron Gardenhire (Twins), Flip Saunders (Wolves), and Jacques LeMair (Wild) make more than Tice. But consider that over at the U Glen Mason (football), Dan Monson (men's b-ball), Don Lucia (men's hockey), and J Robinson (wrestling) all make more, and women's basketball coach Pam Borden makes almost as much herself. Still think Red will fork out the dough for a top tier NFl/college coach? If you think Mike Tice is the bottom of the coaching barrell, just wait. Be careful what we wish for. We can still sink lower.

Players: Wanna know why we are set to be around $30,000,000 under the cap for the 2nd year in a row? Partly due to the genius that is Rob Bryzinski, but mostly because Red only spent above the league's required minimum. Yes, we got Antoine Winfield, but we could have also had plenty to spare to go after one or more of the following" Jevon Kearse, hugh Douglass, Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, Jeremiah Trottier, Jason Gildon, Bertrand Berry, John Lynch, or Warren Sapp.

Only Kearse may have been realistically out of our price range, but not by much. What about this off-season? Think we will pursue a guy like Peter Boulware, or look for more Keith Newman's? Ty Law or a few more Derek Ross's? The man bought the team for $280m and it is now worth $600m, yet he claims he's losing money? Sell's out every game, yet can't put .02 back into the team?

until he sells the team, to somebody local, this is the fate of our beloved Purple. We can hope for Glen Taylor or Dick Shultz of Best Buy, but what about some others? Look at all the Fortune 500 companies here: Target, Best Buy, General Mills, US Bank, Medtronic, St Paul Companies, 3M, Carlson, Wells Fargo 9They are "technically" base din San Fran, but in 1997 Minneapolis-based Norwest bought Wells fargo, and changed their name to Wells Fargo, and moved to San Fran. In the last 4 years, they have moved the bulk of their operations and company execs back to Minneapolis).

Regardless, the point is there are plenty of people or groups of people with the money and means to buy the team from Red, if he drops his rediculous price of $680,000,000. The only hope for this franchise and it's fans is that he does.

Soon.
    Apparently you haven't read any of my posts.......!!!!!
    I have been calling for Red to sell the team for years now. The cheap bastard.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Screw Red McCombs

Yeah I agree too. We need to have a monster offseason this year...with some coaching changes as well. Top that off with some new sharper jerseys and we will have a whole new attitude!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Screw Red McCombs

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    TNT!! :cheers:

Screw Red McCombs

"Caine" wrote:
    30 MILLION under the cap?!?!?!? Is that a typo?

Caine
    Nope.

Screw Red McCombs

Holy crap!
    GO PACKERS!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Screw Red McCombs

"PurpleReign" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    TNT!! :cheers:
    FSU!! :wink: :cheers:

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

Screw Red McCombs

maybe if mccombs saw how the patriots are dropping bills to become a good team he would understand he has to spend money to b a good team..then his ass can sell to a buyer who sees a winning franchise and one who will continue to pay for success

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast