Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73
  1. #61
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Buddy Ryan was a horses ass. A crass prick that did jack squat as a head coach in the NFL. His only claim to fame as a head man was putting bounties on guys heads.
    His son Rex is a nut that did not fall far from the tree. Another good ole boy network bum that has a big mouth, likes to suck womens toes, and has worn out his welcome in New York just like his dad did everywhere he went.

    Rob's nut lies right next to Rex. Long haired jerk with a big mouth just like the old man and brother who goes from team to team and wins NOTHING, just like his brother.

    Fuk the Ryans... I can't stand a one of them.
    I don't know if Buddy was a crass prick or not. I didn't know him.
    Were you around during Buddy's years? Ditka wanted to get rid of him, but Halas wouldn't have it because he and the defensive players loved him. Buddy designed what was a great defense with the Bears. The 46 defense. The 85 super bowl defense was the best defense I have ever seen. I believe the super bowl they won was the only time both a head coach and the defensive coordinator were carried off the field.Many guys want to look up stats and proclaim other defenses better, but I watched them play. Every time they took the field, not only did I feel bad for the opposing offense but you felt there was a chance they would score. They terrorized offenses. Just dominated.
    He did not win a Super bowl in Philly, but that team won a combined 23 games the 4 years prior to hiring him and he built them to a team that won 10 or more games for 5 straight years. He didn't do squat in Arizona as a head coach, but it is tough to wipe out all his prior successes because of that.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  2. #62
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764
    I agree with what you say about the 85 Bears.

  3. #63
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Buddy designed what was a great defense with the Bears. The 46 defense. The 85 super bowl defense was the best defense I have ever seen. I believe the super bowl they won was the only time both a head coach and the defensive coordinator were carried off the field.Many guys want to look up stats and proclaim other defenses better, but I watched them play. Every time they took the field, not only did I feel bad for the opposing offense but you felt there was a chance they would score. They terrorized offenses. Just dominated.
    I agree. The Vikings offense looked like a high school team against the 46. The blitz from the 46 just wrecked the Vikings blocking schemes.

  4. #64
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I agree. The Vikings offense looked like a high school team against the 46. The blitz from the 46 just wrecked the Vikings blocking schemes.
    Hell, for that matter when was the last time the Vikings were good against anybody's blitzes!?!??? D'oh!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  5. #65
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Hell, for that matter when was the last time the Vikings were good against anybody's blitzes!?!???
    The Vikings send players out of the backfield when they should be staying in to block. That is because of poor play design, poor reads, poor line calls, or multiple factors from all of the above.

  6. #66
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,772
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Norv refused to accept the job with the Browns unless they hired Scott too. They were a "package deal". I'm pretty sure it was the same deal with the Vikings. Scott wasn't hired because of his qualifications as QB coach, because he has none. He was hired because of daddy.
    Just wondering if you have found a link to go with your pretty good idea or even noticed the linebacker coach the Vikings have

  7. #67
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Just wondering if you have found a link to go with your pretty good idea or even noticed the linebacker coach the Vikings have
    I found several of them.

    Most everyone knew Scott was signed on to be QB's coach. See the title of this thread. If he's the LB coach now, then they changed it just recently. So recently in fact that the Vikings official website still lists Scott as QB coach & Zim's son as LB coach.



    Minnesota Vikings | Coaches

    Scott Turner will be the quarterbacks coach in Minnesota, replacing Craig Johnson, who was hired by the New York Giants in January to be the running backs' coach.
    Adam will follow his dad from Cincinnati and coach the team's linebackers.
    Vikings' new staff includes Priefer, sons of Zimmer, Turner | FOX Sports on MSN

    As far as the package deal idea goes;

    These days, Turner is pretty much a "package deal" with his son, which is why Scott Turner is expected to be named the Vikings' new quarterbacks coach soon.
    Ray Horton & Norv Turner Depart the Cleveland Browns - Dawgs By Nature

    Part of the reason that Norv Turner came to the Cleveland Browns this offseason to be their offensive coordinator was the fact that his son, Scott Turner, came as part of a package
    Norv Turner Unhappy About Son's Position Changing? - Dawgs By Nature
    Last edited by singersp; 02-25-2014 at 05:34 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #68
    Scoot's Avatar
    Scoot is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    34
    I hope I eat my words but this is a conflict of interest and it shouldn’t happen. Do you think if Scott doesn’t perform his dad will fire him? NO! And, it only compromises his job. Bad Move!
    AGAIN, I hope I eat my words
    SCOOT28

  9. #69
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    I hope I eat my words but this is a conflict of interest and it shouldn’t happen. Do you think if Scott doesn’t perform his dad will fire him? NO! And, it only compromises his job. Bad Move!
    AGAIN, I hope I eat my words

    It all worked out for Tommy Boy.

    There is the possibility that these coaches' sons can actually coach.

  10. #70
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    I hope I eat my words but this is a conflict of interest and it shouldn’t happen. Do you think if Scott doesn’t perform his dad will fire him? NO! And, it only compromises his job.
    That is not going to happen unless the Vikings hire Anne Robinson as director of player personnel.

    Let us just hope these nepotism hires are not ... the weakest link!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •