Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scott Linehan

VikingsFan4Life is offline Waterboy

Scott Linehan

The thing that I don't like though...is always switching around coachs and coordinators.....talk about inconsistency....the Vikings are always adjusting to new coaching theories!!! I think keep the offensive coordinator and get a new head coach....who knows maybe Tice is the one that wanted to throw....remeber Tice said "he can do whatever he wants and doesn't want, he is the head coach" at an interview with Dubay!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Scott Linehan

Sure everything goes through Tice, but he's not the one calling the plays.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Scott Linehan

i agree that all the new coaches hurt us. lets stick to our guns for 2 more years and can you say superbowl. its that simple look at the patroits. our offense is fine. let them be. our d needs more players not another d or o-co, scheme, emotions, confusion. when u bring in a new coach you get all of these.

Scott Linehan

We should keep him. It's not just a coincidence that there is alot of interest in him from other teams in the league. He is a very good coordinator. Most failures in the offensive gameplan come from a lack of execution. Linehan should be retained...but who knows if he really wants to stay? We'll see in a couple weeks.
    Even babies know the difference.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Scott Linehan

what i am really saying it is time to put up or shutup as far as daunte is concerned.
    i am not saying that he is doing bad.
    he has had long enough.
    take the training wheels off.
    i called for linehans head vehemently and it was for the most part unwarranted. he cant shout in dauntes helmet that wiggy is open or K is open, etc. dont throw it to moss he is triple covered, and burly is standing there waiting on YOU to throw it. in the losses I counted many plays where daunte didnt throw the ball to a wide open receiver.
    they were critical to the game. its not how many some times, its when and where. he gets so locked sometimes, how many times did anyone see that? his maturation is far from complete and i love his mad skills but it is time to take the training wheels off.

Scott Linehan

Im with you Animal...I love Daunte also and whenever i bring this up I get the, " are you crazy?" response. I think it is a very valid point, however. He has been getting better each year, so maybe next year he will take his final step into being at the very top of his game. Sometimes I just wonder what our offense would look like with a pocket QB who was better at hitting the WRs than Daunte.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Scott Linehan

I couldn't careless about Linehan's playcalling or preparation, however the last thing I want to see is Daunte in a new offensive system, now that he is comfortable in this one. Still, he will be gone because he can probably get a salary close to Tice's and that doesn't work to well.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Scott Linehan

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Im with you Animal...I love Daunte also and whenever i bring this up I get the, " are you crazy?" response. I think it is a very valid point, however. He has been getting better each year, so maybe next year he will take his final step into being at the very top of his game. Sometimes I just wonder what our offense would look like with a pocket QB who was better at hitting the WRs than Daunte.
    thanks aw, dont get me wrong i wouldnt up and trade #11. let him ride the pine a couple of times and see how he likes it. i have wondered about a true pocket passer, but daunte adds dimensions that others dont. but it does get him trouble alot too. he makes up for it alot, but somewhere along the line he has to take it to the next level. daunte is very accurate, but he doesnt read his progressions well enough for me. he should already have taken over this offense and ran with it. it seems to me he just hasnt done that yet.

Scott Linehan

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I couldn't careless about Linehan's playcalling or preparation, however the last thing I want to see is Daunte in a new offensive system, now that he is comfortable in this one. Still, he will be gone because he can probably get a salary close to Tice's and that doesn't work to well.
    i think he already makes that much doesnt he or more? not sure. have to look that one up.
    i think that red should open up the wallet and give tice a little raise and resign linehan. just to see where exactly they all can go with this team.
    as much as i moaned about linehan i should say go but there is no one to replace him that i can directly think of that is available of course.

Scott Linehan

I say we keep S.L. I think it is on Dauntes hands to audible when there are 7 or 8 guys in the box. I think they need to try to be a little more like indy and hit there slot reciever and there weak side receiver a little more. They didnt bring marcus robinson in on enough plays to open moss up like he should have been. If they would have done that and foreced the safeties to play back then there run game would have opened up big time. I say we keep him, the more time they have together the better.
    Deliver us oh Lord, from the Fury of the Northmen.
    "Anonymous Christian Monk"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast