Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Schleprock

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Schleprock

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    the world is over...
    Please, come to terms with it. You're just making it hurt even more.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think alot of it does have to do with 1998 fans. A lot of good memories between Culpepper and Moss, lots of yelling at the TV throwing pooh, cheering, all that.

I like to think people who have been a fan since before free agency have seen players come and go and realize that football is football and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you have the best of the best at every position as long as they play as a team and score more points then the opponent then objective complete.

Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on.
    Wow! Del always aims and hits the nail right on the head.

No for the fallout! :wink:

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think alot of it does have to do with 1998 fans. A lot of good memories between Culpepper and Moss, lots of yelling at the TV throwing pooh, cheering, all that.

I like to think people who have been a fan since before free agency have seen players come and go and realize that football is football and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you have the best of the best at every position as long as they play as a team and score more points then the opponent then objective complete.

Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on.
    Wow! Del always aims and hits the nail right on the head.

No for the fallout! wink
    1998 was pretty much right in the middle of the Vikings second era of greatness in my lifetime. Other than some success in the mid-90s, there haven't been many memory making events that weren't produced by the explosive offenses we had. Culpepper and Moss were great for us. I'm not going to sit here and put them down because I will always remember the happiness they brought me on Sundays. For the same reason I was pissed when Randle and Carter left. It may have been Culpepper's time to go, but I will still miss him dearly.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"mogwai" wrote:
    it's all about the color of the uniform.not the name on the back of it...except when sammy white left when i was a kid...deeply affected for years..j/k skol vikes.
    According to management, it's more about the style of the uniforms .

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    In my better than 40 years of following the Vikings, I have seen a lot of good players come and go but I have always been a fan even though I may have disagreed with some of the management decisions.
    I am just so happy to be rid of cheap jiggly butt Red and players friend Tice and see some management that is willing to get the best team possible and a coaching staff that wants to instill order to this team that I can't wait for the future. I think great things are in store for the Vikes and all of Minnesota.
    I am with you Cojomay. Those of us that have been Vike fans since the mid 60's have seen a lot of changes and great players and coaches come and go. Personally I am optimistic about the future of the Vikes with all this cleaning house. We have only been a 500 team for the last half a decade. The writing was on the wall for this change when Red, (sit and spin) McCombs traded Randy Moss. I think that Wilf is the best owner this team has had in a long long time. We really needed this make over. It started with the FA last year and the D pickups we made. It will continue this year and next. Teams that hold on to the past too long just fall apart. (ie) The Packers. We have an owner dedicated to making a run at the big dance. We should be standing up and blowing our horns. :smile:

WWBGD

Gift is offline Coordinator

I haven't seen alot of gloom & doom, I've more seen people reflecting/adapting to the new situation. The younger crowd (like myself) have only had the glory days of carter/moss/c-pep/smith and company and havent seen generations come & go. It takes time to adapt and accept the changes.

Personally, I think some folks need to relax & let people adjust to the changes and not try to force them to see how great the new deal is. My guess is come opening day everyone will be on board with childress & crew ready to see what the new vikes can do.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    the world is over...
    Get a hold of yourself, son!!!! Daunte is gone and that's that - you can wish him luck but he's NOT coming back here. I realize he was your favorite player, but there are better times ahead, you'll see...

:grin:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I wish I had that "Back To The Future" sports book so I could see what the Vikings will do in 2006 and 2007.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

COJOMAY wrote:

In my better than 40 years of following the Vikings, I have seen a lot of good players come and go but I have always been a fan even though I may have disagreed with some of the management decisions.
    I am just so happy to be rid of cheap jiggly butt Red and players friend Tice and see some management that is willing to get the best team possible and a coaching staff that wants to instill order to this team that I can't wait for the future. I think great things are in store for the Vikes and all of Minnesota.

I agrees wit' COJOMAY. I been followin' da Vikes since 1970, and dat means I been a fan for.... uh.... er..... hmmm..... well, I been a fan a long time, y'know? An' dis is da foist time in a long time dat I have seen some real decision makin' by da coaching and management since da Bud Grant era.

Dis team is now Zygi's and Childress's team, y'know? Some of da so-called expoits have been givin' us da bronx cheer for our actions in free agency. Well, Pro Football Weekly said it best when dey said only da future will tell whether or not management made da right choices, y'know?

So, me and COJOMAY are gonna sit and enjoy da ride. I'm real excited about da comin' season, except for one ting.

God, I hopes dey don't screw up da Vikes uniform, y'know? But, dat's for anudda post.

SKOL, VIKES!! Hang on gang, da best is yet to come!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

What is up with the doom and gloom fans? Is it really just the Culpepper/Moss generation? The team is changing and attempting to build into a franchise that is not satisfied with mediocrity. Childress said he will coach the team according to the abilities of the players that are on the roster. We don't even know the final roster yet. A single game hasn't been played and 'the sky is falling' crowd seems to think the Vikings are doomed.

Get excited! It's the offseason, time for optimism. Time to build a new team. Time to anticipate a return of the Purple People Eaters and a team that demands excellence.
    No doom and gloom here! I am looking forward to next season...no more issues, no ego trips, just a SOLID defense and a SOLID offense...little flash, just long scoring drives that eat up the clock and end up in touchdowns. I won't miss the long bombs, followed by the defense giving up matching touchdowns to the other teams, and all the other crap that we have had to deal with...and I look forward to boring WINS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast