Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schleprock

Prophet Guest

Schleprock

What is up with the doom and gloom fans? Is it really just the Culpepper/Moss generation? The team is changing and attempting to build into a franchise that is not satisfied with mediocrity. Childress said he will coach the team according to the abilities of the players that are on the roster. We don't even know the final roster yet. A single game hasn't been played and 'the sky is falling' crowd seems to think the Vikings are doomed.

Get excited! It's the offseason, time for optimism. Time to build a new team. Time to anticipate a return of the Purple People Eaters and a team that demands excellence.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Schleprock

"Prophet" wrote:

What is up with the doom and gloom fans? Is it really just the Culpepper/Moss generation? The team is changing and attempting to build into a franchise that is not satisfied with mediocrity. Childress said he will coach the team according to the abilities of the players that are on the roster. We don't even know what the final roster yet. A single game hasn't been played and 'the sky is falling' crowd seems to think the Vikings are doomed.

Get excited! It's the offseason, time for optimism. Time to build a new team. Time to anticipate a return of the Purple People Eaters and a team that demands excellence.
    I think alot of it does have to do with 1998 fans. A lot of good memories between Culpepper and Moss, lots of yelling at the TV throwing shit, cheering, all that.

I like to think people who have been a fan since before free agency have seen players come and go and realize that football is football and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you have the best of the best at every position as long as they play as a team and score more points then the opponent then objective complete.

Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

True Dat i for one am as excited as ive ever been about the vikings. who knows wat next season holds for us. and i feel that evan if we go 0-16 i can get by the razzing just becasue i survied this years love boat pervert teases. but Vikings will be nfc north chapons next year so i have nothing to worry about.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm as excited as ever. We're going through drastic changes, but changes that should make us stronger for the long haul. I can't wait for the draft :grin:

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm as excited as a fan can be after his favorite player gets traded away. I know it may be for the better in the long run, but right now it sucks.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

t_13 is offline Rookie

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I'm as excited as a fan can be after his favorite player gets traded away. I know it may be for the better in the long run, but right now it sucks.
    he sucked anyways

(just trying to make ppl feel better :roll: )

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

In my better than 40 years of following the Vikings, I have seen a lot of good players come and go but I have always been a fan even though I may have disagreed with some of the management decisions.
    I am just so happy to be rid of cheap ass Red and players friend Tice and see some management that is willing to get the best team possible and a coaching staff that wants to instill order to this team that I can't wait for the future. I think great things are in store for the Vikes and all of Minnesota.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

the world is over...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

What is up with the doom and gloom fans? Is it really just the Culpepper/Moss generation? The team is changing and attempting to build into a franchise that is not satisfied with mediocrity. Childress said he will coach the team according to the abilities of the players that are on the roster. We don't even know what the final roster yet. A single game hasn't been played and 'the sky is falling' crowd seems to think the Vikings are doomed.

I think alot of it does have to do with 1998 fans. A lot of good memories between Culpepper and Moss, lots of yelling at the TV throwing pooh, cheering, all that.

I like to think people who have been a fan since before free agency have seen players come and go and realize that football is football and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you have the best of the best at every position as long as they play as a team and score more points then the opponent then objective complete.

Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on.

Couldn't agree more Del....

mogwai is offline Starter

it's all about the color of the uniform.not the name on the back of it...except when sammy white left when i was a kid...deeply affected for years..j/k skol vikes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast