Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Schefter: Williamson cut before training camp ends.

Plenty of noteworthy stories from the draft

Very quietly, the Vikings drafted three wide receivers -- South Carolina's Sidney Rice in Round 2, East Carolina's Aundrae Allison in Round 5 and Florida International's Chandler Williams in Round 7. There's a little message there and it's that former seventh-overall pick, wide receiver Troy Williamson, might not make it out of training camp with Minnesota. Williamson, of course, was the player acquired in the trade for wide receiver Randy Moss.
    Troy cut before training camp is over?
    I sure hope not, he still has so much potential.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Schefter: Williamson cut before training camp ends.

Very quietly, the Vikings drafted three wide receivers -- South Carolina's Sidney Rice in Round 2, East Carolina's Aundrae Allison in Round 5 and Florida International's Chandler Williams in Round 7. There's a little message there and it's that former seventh-overall pick, wide receiver Troy Williamson, might not make it out of training camp with Minnesota. Williamson, of course, was the player acquired in the trade for wide receiver Randy Moss.
    No, he wasn't.
    Williamson was one of the players acquired.

Either way it doesn't matter.
    We have glaring needs at WR. Cutting one of them at this point would be stupid.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Rice win a starting spot over TWill, but to expect a fifth or seventh rounder to beat him out in their first year is a stretch.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Rice win a starting spot over TWill, but to expect a fifth or seventh rounder to beat him out in their first year is a stretch.
    Maybe not right away, but Allison may be able to step in in case of injury and light it up like a certain Saint did.

I'm not saying he'll be the savior, but alot of our young kids have alot of talent.

Also, let's not forget about Jason Carter. T-Jack loves to throw to him.
    -Sno

Blog Entries

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Maybe not right away, but Allison may be able to step in in case of injury and light it up like a certain Saint did.

I'm not saying he'll be the savior, but alot of our young kids have alot of talent.

I absolutely agree that they have talent.
    And I am high on Carter. However, everybody would have to shine in order for TWill to be cut during training camp.
    That is highly unlikely IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

because he's had soooo much playing time

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    No, he wasn't.
    Williamson was one of the players acquired.

Either way it doesn't matter.
    We have glaring needs at WR. Cutting one of them at this point would be stupid.
    I think that this will light a fire under TWill...and we will have an ALL Carolina WR starting lineup...SRice, TWill...and Keyshawn...LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

TJ and Carter spent the majority of their tie together on the practice and scouting squad.
    Of all the receivers, TJ is probably the most familiar with Carter, and that does go a long ways.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

J. Carter was deemed messiah II last season by some.
    I won't spend any time crying if Williamson walks the plank.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

TJ and Carter spent the majority of their tie together on the practice and scouting squad.
    Of all the receivers, TJ is probably the most familiar with Carter, and that does go a long ways.
    True, but Carter would still have to beat our some pretty talented young guys.
    What is Willilamson due to be paid? COuld have a big part of the POP's decision.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

True, but Carter would still have to beat our some pretty talented young guys.
    What is Willilamson due to be paid? COuld have a big part of the POP's decision.
    Well his base salary is $435,000 but he has 13 mil guaranteed.
    I am not sure If all or how much of that is remaining but it sounds like a big hit to pay out this year.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast